Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

There's a link to her blog in the nail polish group, she posted it a while ago. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

suomi wrote: »
    There's a link to her blog in the nail polish group, she posted it a while ago. :)
    Not everyone has access to the nail polish group though.

I will PM those of you now who are looking for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Not everyone has access to the nail polish group though.

I will PM those of you now who are looking for the link.

I PMd girl Friday earlier. I should probably have left a comment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i tried gel nails this week they are great love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

rain on wrote: »
    I got a lot of things on the weekend, but mainly I got carried away ... :o

Where did you buy the essence stuff? I cant find any of the good stuff all they have in my nearest essence stockist is the marble mania rubbish. I really want to try all their nail art stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

ladypip wrote: »
    Where did you buy the essence stuff? I cant find any of the good stuff all they have in my nearest essence stockist is the marble mania rubbish. I really want to try all their nail art stuff.
    I got them all in Penneys in Galway, they have a massive Essence stall about twice the size of the stall in the usual chemist I go to. <3

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Oh no I was hoping that it would be somewhere near me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

went to pennys today..could have gone slightly mad at d esscence stand :)..anyhows these r my beauties for lunch tomoz :)

magztar wrote: »
    went to pennys today..could have gone slightly mad at d esscence stand :)..anyhows these r my beauties for lunch tomoz :)

what colour is that base you're wearing, its lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please don't use txtspk - it's hard for posters to understand.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

i tried gel nails this week they are great love them!
    Did you do them yourself?

Angel8ie wrote: »
    what colour is that base you're wearing, its lovely.

That's essence nude glam 04 iced latte..It's great Best nude colour i got in a while

dudara wrote: »
    Please don't use txtspk - it's hard to posters to understand.

dudara

Oh sorry,didn't realise,Was typing too quick!

That's essence nude glam 04 iced latte..It's great Best nude colour i got in a while

I must try get my hands on a bottle. It's a really nice shade. I normally use nails inc basil street but the essence one seems a bit more white based which is good. Did you need many coats?

For the photos just the 2 coats but even with 1 coat was grand if you didnt want it toi be too strong,even could use it for french with 1 coat!

Cool, thanks. I like the way it looks with the 2 coats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

My nails today! Illamasqua Monogamous:
    Illamasqua+monogamous+nail+polish+swatch+2.JPG

another lovely nude colour :)

im not one to stick to the nudes too often. heres what my nails are like today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^ They're amazing!!

I think I'm heading to Galway on Wednesday so I'll have to head to Penneys to see this massive Essence stand :D

another lovely nude colour :)

im not one to stick to the nudes too often. heres what my nails are like today :)

Their class..how did ya do the spots?

• Advertisement

^ They're amazing!!

I think I'm heading to Galway on Wednesday so I'll have to head to Penneys to see this massive Essence stand :D

You will think you have died and gone to nail polish heaven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Is there anywhere in Dublin city centre with a large essence or Catrice stand? Beside Penneys?

Their class..how did ya do the spots?

I just dabbed on some polish with the brush. It doesn't matter if it's irregular and then I just used a liquid eyeliner to draw 3 semi circular lines around them. It was so easy, definitely give it a go:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

This weeks nails - Isadora Black Galaxy. I was in a hurry so the pic isn't great.

798a6f41.jpg

I just dabbed on some polish with the brush. It doesn't matter if it's irregular and then I just used a liquid eyeliner to draw 3 semi circular lines around them. It was so easy, definitely give it a go:)

Oh and make sure to wait a bit until the eyeliner is completely dry and add a top coat. Also I realise you can use nail art pens and brushes for the black details but I just find the brush on the eyeliner to be perfect for leopard print. I use nail art pens for most other things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

lizt wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin city centre with a large essence or Catrice stand? Beside Penneys?
    Also wondering about this! I keep seeing all these amazing Essence topcoats but I never see them in any shops! Do some places just not update their stands very often?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Put this on today :)

Essence - Passion For Fashion - Photo from Maisenzasmalto.com

bhhnyv.jpg

My sister arrived in to me with essence 'nude it' and 'where is the party'. Eep!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

phasers wrote: »
    Also wondering about this! I keep seeing all these amazing Essence topcoats but I never see them in any shops! Do some places just not update their stands very often?

The stands should be updated monthly (with the new Limited Edition stuff) My local chemist has both Essence & Catrice and it's done monthly usually but sometimes a delay. Penneys in Dublin is ridiculous - they don't have what Galway or Cork has and I don't get it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Galway doesn't update all that often. The essence and catrice stand are brand new to pennys. We had essence before but only the polish. They also have rimmel and NYc polish (I think its nyc anyway :P )

Advertisement