Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Orlee wrote: »
    Do you think we could make it a rule that we need to post where we got the polish .... I feel like asking evey time but don't want to be pestering people and filling the thread with questions.

I'm not the best online buyer when it comes to polish so it would be great to get some details on where people get theirs!
    I agree with this, it'd be a great idea.

Also as the Essence, Catrice etc are available in Penneys, it might be an idea to say which Penneys you bought X, Y or Z in, rather than just 'Penneys', maybe 'Penneys on O'Connell St' etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Well hello there. Been away because I have been ill but I am back. Oh dear god the difficulty I had today. Went into my chemist and their comps were down, so was taking a while to do the medicines. So I wandered down to the Essence and Catrice stands, and had to exert soooo much willpower to not buy it all. But obvs I did not come away empty handed!!!!

I bought:

One of the Limited Edition Catrice polishes (I wanted the set - :oI may yet go and buy the rest:o)

Ultimate Nail Lacquer Limited Edition Revoltaire in Innocent Toxin:
    (it's the greeny one, this is the set)

Catrice_Revoltaire_UNL03.jpg

Then I got Ultimate Nail Lacquer Rusty But Sexy:

6210436684_4782397991_z.jpg

And then I spotted these on a shelf and had to have. They come with little templates to put the designs on your nails :D:

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=31768473

Canni wait to give that a go :D

squee! Also off to hunt in the social group for a link to chickenbutts blog :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Actually looking at that pic of the Limited edition ones it doesn't do them justice by far. They are 100 times better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I bought a new polish today that I think looks exactly like Models Own Indian Ocean. I was super excited when I found it and it only cost a euro! :eek: It's a brand called Wild And Crazy. :p Here it is, layered over Rimmel's Aqua Cool which I was wearing earlier today.

211315.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

You amazing spiderman opi mini set arrived today :D I'm wearing the blue one love it

Into the night

2661da2b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

As well as cruising the Catrice and Essence stands in Penney's Galway twice over the last few days(!) I hopped into the beauty supply shop downstairs in Corbet Court SC. They had OPI, the Nicole Kardashian collection and also Sinful. Might have had other brands too, was in a rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭magztar

Pennys on the headford road,Galway are now stocking Essence snow white edition up by the tills,Spotted as I was leaving today!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Today's nails are OPI - No room for the blues.

b8dd752b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Has anyone seen any flakie polishes on their travels? I have Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, and the one from the Catrice Millions Styles (They are similar) I also have a goldy NYX Girls one (Gilded Gold or something) but looking for a blue one and for the life of me can't find them online (ebay has some but like what I have and extortionate)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Finger Paints brought out a collection of flakie glitters at the start of the year. Don't think they're available in Ireland, but there's probably some on ebay? I think Inglot might do a blue flakie polish too.

• Advertisement

I got a S shaped nail file in my She Says beauty box.

http://www.stylfile.com/s-file.php

Only tried it a little since I am wearing nail polish but impressed so far:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Has anyone seen any flakie polishes on their travels? I have Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, and the one from the Catrice Millions Styles (They are similar) I also have a goldy NYX Girls one (Gilded Gold or something) but looking for a blue one and for the life of me can't find them online (ebay has some but like what I have and extortionate)

Zoya do a blue/green one with turquoise base. you can buy it here: http://supernailireland.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=504 and swatches are here: http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2012/01/zoya-spring-2012-fleck-effect.html. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Has anyone seen the snow white and the huntsman polishes yet the essence ones? I need the glitter toppers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Has anyone seen the snow white and the huntsman polishes yet the essence ones? I need the glitter toppers!!
    I have seen them in Penny's in Wilton, Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Penneys in Nutgrove (Dublin 14) not all but it had most of them on Sunday ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Saorenza wrote: »
    I hopped into the beauty supply shop downstairs in Corbet Court SC. They had OPI, the Nicole Kardashian collection and also Sinful. Might have had other brands too, was in a rush.

They aren't the best for up to date polish though. Their stands are often empty :(

Yes it seemed a bit hit and miss - hadn't seen the Sinful ones any where else though.

I live near Tuam and there is lots of chemists there and a wide range of different polishes. Must go around the chemists one day and make a note of all the different brands :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I have no excuse for this, other than the fact that I did my polish spreadsheet and I thought I had more, so I got more and slayed a few lemmings in the process. There you go. None of the pictures are mine.

1: Wet n Wild - Buffy the Violet Slayer (won on eBay US), pic from rumour has it

Wet-n-Wild-Buffy-the-Violet-Slayer.jpg

2: Tony Moly - Milky Way (bought on eBay US here), pic from The Polish Well

tony-moly-gs08-milky-way-L-RuI72g.jpeg

3: Barry M - Silvery Lilac (from asos), pic from Brit Nails

barry-m-silvery-lilac-4.jpg

4: China Glaze - For Audrey (from beautyzone2007 on eBay) - This is my second bottle, I swapped the first one. Pic from Dailycookie

China-Glaze-For-Audrey.jpg

5: Nicole by O.P.I Kardashian Colors - It's All About The Glam (from Littlewoods). Pic from The Polishaholic

Nicole+by+OPI+It%2527s+All+About+The+Glam+1.JPG

6, 7, & 8: Barry M Blue Moon, Navy, and Pure Turquoise (from Littlewoods). Pics from Pretty Diamond Solitaire, Pretty Clever and Nailjunkie.

DSCF3974.JPG
    BarryMNavy.JPG
    Barry_M-pure_turquoise.jpg

Plus a rio nail art kit, a load of Essence toppers and colour & go polish and some Catrice last Friday, and a load of rhinestones, nail jewels & shapes and striping tape on eBay.

Is there nail polish rehab?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Has anyone seen any of the glitter Essence special effect nail toppers in Dublin City, or the Snow White ones? Everwhere I go seems to still have the rubbish marble polishes :(

Today I'm wearing Sally Hansen HD in Lite:
    sally-hansen-hd-hi-definition-nail-color-lite-final.jpg

and Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Honeymoon Red:
    nail-flavor-sally-hansen-red.jpg

It was only after I put them on I realised it reminded me of ketchup and mustard :pac:

I got both in Dealz in Blanchardstown. I love dealz <3

Trying to buy Barry m from ASOS but they have the wrong names for the purple :( Has any one bought them from asos?

• Advertisement

Wow, that's a haul. Love 1,3 and 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

musical.x wrote: »
    Trying to buy Barry m from ASOS but they have the wrong names for the purple :( Has any one bought them from asos?

The majority of my Barry M have came form Asos. Always quick delivery, I've never had a problem.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    The majority of my Barry M have came form Asos. Always quick delivery, I've never had a problem.

Do they come through courier or post man? I might place a little order :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

musical.x wrote: »
    Do they come through courier or post man? I might place a little order :P

Post but I've had to sign for a few of them. I've often ordered just one nail polish and had to sign for it so it's not just left at the door which is good. Postage is free as well and you can pay through Paypal.

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Post but I've had to sign for a few of them. I've often ordered just one nail polish and had to sign for it so it's not just left at the door which is good. Postage is free as well and you can pay through Paypal.

Great thank you! I just got 4. I'll have to post recent purchases soon :eek: I have a load :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They had lots of these in Penneys Dundrum today. I bought the one on the right

ess_SnowWhite_SpecialEffectTopper01_evilqueen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

If anybody spots the snow white essence range in Dublin could they post the location, Im dying to get my hands on some!!!

Does anybody have a remover recommendation? The one im using at the mo is ruining my nails. I have tried the Mavala one and loved it but i cant find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

Pythia wrote: »
    They had lots of these in Penneys Dundrum today. I bought the one on the right

<SNIP>
    OMG!!! Im driving across the city to Dundrum tomorrow to get me some!!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

None of the lovely glitters in Essence, Penney's Mary St today :(

Ended up getting Models Own Disco Mix, wanted it for ages! I only got one item, but Boots (Jervis at least) have a buy 1 get 1 half price on Models Own at the moment. Couldn't find anything else I really wanted.

5500064378_d4f652d298.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I am done with glitter nail varnish! I actually cannot deal with taking it off!

I'm wearing Barry M - Coral at the moment.

5188830759_e91ed6da10_o.jpg

Not my nails, pic from The Lacquer Files.

Advertisement