Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Which nail polish are they giving away?

Lovely colour, where did you get your ring? It's gorgeous!

They are in a round bottle, unlike the other polishes. There is a purple one (kinda like the dairy milk colour), a slightly metallic red one

2012-06-12+18.19.00.jpg
    and a coral one.That was in Jervis but from reading other blogs there are more in the shops in the UK so some boots here may have more. I bought 4 polishes and got 2 free. I didn't even realise they were giving away free ones but the lady on till was kind enough to tell me and get me two :)

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Phew glad its not just me! The opi turquoise one from the Texas collection have been drooling over it for ages! I need to clear out some old ones it's getting ridiculous

I bought catrice attractive camouflage last week but gave it to a colleague as it didn't suit my skin tone at all and had a horrid yellow under tone on me :( looked way better on porcelain skinnned colleague

I'm loving the ciate polish i got free in Marie Clare though :)

I love that OPI polish, so pretty! I muste check out that ciate polish that's in Marie Clare. Is it nice?

Would it be worth setting up a nail mail amongst some of us? Seeing as you have some polishes you want to get rid of? I'm sure I do too. Might give some people a chance at using some different polishes aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Angel8ie wrote: »
    I love that OPI polish, so pretty! I muste check out that ciate polish that's in Marie Clare. Is it nice?

Would it be worth setting up a nail mail amongst some of us? Seeing as you have some polishes you want to get rid of? I'm sure I do too. Might give some people a chance at using some different polishes aswell.
    There's a nail polish group here, we're organising a swap for around July.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=319

There's a nail polish group here, we're organising a swap for around July.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=319

Ok great, thanks:) how do I become a member ?

Ok great, thanks:) how do I become a member ?
    You need to be invited, I'll ask OakeyDokey to send you an invite :)

Edit

Just come across the topic, I forgot that new members need 100 posts to become a member of the group, sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Picked up these bits yesterday. Penny's in Wilton in Cork has the largest Essence stand I have ever seen! Took everything in my power not to buy everything! :eek::eek:

jVW2b.jpg

So I tried a few of them out last night. The cuticle remover is brilliant! Really impressed with it :D The magnetic polish is only ok. Not sure if I like it at all. The magnet I bought with it is too small for my nails maybe so it doesnt go the whole way across. I am loving the Special effect topper in Disco Disco though. It's on my ring finger and is beautiful. I would put it over a base coat the next time though. Sorry for the crappy phone pic.

aykmC.jpg

You need to be invited, I'll ask OakeyDokey to send you an invite :)

Edit

Just come across the topic, I forgot that new members need 100 posts to become a member of the group, sorry :(

I just read that there. Too bad, would have been great. Maybe once I have more posts I could be invited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Chickenbutt your blog is fabulous btw! I just found it yesterday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Hey Nursemar88. This probably sounds stupid :o but how does that essence cuticle remover work?

Hey Nursemar88. This probably sounds stupid :o but how does that essence cuticle remover work?

I have it too. Basically you put it on and it must have special chemical in it and they sort of burn off the dead skin. Sounds horrific but I suck at explaining :P It doesn't hurt though!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

musical.x wrote: »
    Chickenbutt your blog is fabulous btw! I just found it yesterday :P

Thanks!! I think it was you who may have asked once if I had a nail blog and I didn't... but then I thought, why not?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladysarastro

Thanks!! I've horrible cuticles and I just push them back. I know there's a cuticle scissors - but they look like a torture device ;)

Thanks!! I think it was you who may have asked once if I had a nail blog and I didn't... but then I thought, why not?! :p

It was me! :D Delighted you went for it. I would have cleared out Ulta if I was there btw :P

Thanks!! I've horrible cuticles and I just push them back. I know there's a cuticle scissors - but they look like a torture device ;)

No bother :D I have a cuticle nipper too. I love it but I can see why people are iffy of them :P They look like pliers :D

Any chance of a link to Chickenbutt's blog please?

Wearing Butter London Snog now :)

7153636669_2d9c3165d6_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Basically i put it on the cuticles, then I use a wooden cuticle stick and push them back and scrape off the dead skin. Its like it melts the cuticles off. Sounds nasty but really works! Really impressed :D

Any chance of a link to Chickenbutt's blog please?
    ]

I PM'd you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Me too please!

By the way, in the past few days I've been PM'd with regards to the nailpolish swap group. I've sent out request but people seem to be missing them. Please check the Social Group section and your invite will be there.

30th June is the deadline to participate and partners will be picked 1st July :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I think I was invited to the group Oakey but I'm still on crutches and housebound apart from hospital appointments etc (as we have no car, just motorbikes, so I have to taxi it everywhere) so it'd be pretty hard for me to participate now but if there is a second round in a few months time I'd like to join in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Don't sweat it chick :) nobody has to participate it's totally optional :) You can still be apart of the group without needing to join in the swap. This is more of a trial swap it will show us what kinks we need to work out so hopefully on the next swap things will run more smoothly :)

On another note I won one of Avon's new nail polish's from their PRO+ range

Cosmic Blue
    Untitled-11.jpg

Picture is from ArtDonatella Make-Up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I got a lot of things on the weekend, but mainly I got carried away ... :o

307021_3611586403019_723332569_n.jpg

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Me too please!

By the way, in the past few days I've been PM'd with regards to the nailpolish swap group. I've sent out request but people seem to be missing them. Please check the Social Group section and your invite will be there.

30th June is the deadline to participate and partners will be picked 1st July :)

If i somehow manage to have enough posts by then, would i be able to join?

I'm not sure if anyone posted this already but did ye know that you get a free Leighton Denny polish with harpers bazaar? I got the plush pink because that's all they had. I also got the purple sherbet ciate paint pots. Looking forward to trying the,m out:)

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Me too please!

Give me two seconds and I will :D

If i somehow manage to have enough posts by then, would i be able to join?
    If you have 100 posts or more there's no reason you can't join :)

These are the 2 freebies I picked up today in Marie Claire and Harpers Bazaar. Each mag has 3 different colours to choose from.

I also attached a pic of what the ciate purple sherbet paint pots looks like on. I used 2 coats with no top coat. it could probably do with another thin coat of polish.

Would you be able to pm me the link aswell please? Thanks

Would you be able to pm me the link aswell please? Thanks

Of course :D chickenbutt is going to be famous by the end of the week :P

Of course :D chickenbutt is going to be famous by the end of the week :P

wahey! go chickenbutt. checked it out there. I WANT those china glaze summer neons. they look amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Can someone PM the link to me too, please?

Advertisement