Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

How I wish I had any money at the moment! Was in Sallys on Drury St (Dublin) yesterday and they have half off some sets of OPI minis, including the set of muppets minis. <le sigh> If someone buys them will they give them a hug and tell them I love them?

Where is this place? Do I need an account to buy here? How much were they At half price? I wanna go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

a-england Saint George. Such a pretty colour and unbelievable formulation. Opaque in 1 coat! Really crappy brush though :(

photo.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orlee wrote: »
    a-england Saint George. Such a pretty colour and unbelievable formulation. Opaque in 1 coat! Really crappy brush though :(

I want to buy some of those A-England polishes. The colours are quite unusual compared to most ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Hey,
    does anyone know where i can get a dupe of Essence gold rush? i think it has been discontinued and i really need to get another one or something similar! :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

musical.x wrote: »
    Hey,
    does anyone know where i can get a dupe of Essence gold rush? i think it has been discontinued and i really need to get another one or something similar! :P

Topshop Heart of Gold perhaps? Could be a little too yellow though.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Topshop Heart of Gold perhaps? Could be a little too yellow though.

they are really similar! quite dear though for such a small bottle :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

8ywKf.jpg

My Paddy's Day nails :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Putting on China Glaze First Class Ticket now :)

Photo from KarlaSugar.net

China-Glaze-First-Class-Ticket.jpg

Photo from CafeMakeup.com

chinaglazefirstclasstic.jpg

My stripey/polka dot nails

I used Miss sporty red tango,No7 white and stargazer black :)

the No.7 white is awful for any kind of nail art but it's grand for a base coat for designs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Anyone looking for max factor fantasy fire, plenty bottle in Childers road boots in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

They are a bit chipped but here's my st. Paddys day nails.

hwhg5y.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/197191.jpg

I made these transfers with striping brushes. Colours from left to right are:
    Dare to Wear-Rain Lilli, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear-Blue me away, China Glaze-Starboard and Catrice-Marilyn and Me.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/197193.jpg

Love that I can have my tattoo on my nails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Anyone looking for max factor fantasy fire, plenty bottle in Childers road boots in Limerick.

A few in Boots in Stephens Green, Dublin. Got one today.

(Revlon Lip butters also in if anyone is interested!)

yeh i was bad but they were Half price...HALF!!!!:D most of these (except for captain sparrows boat and khaki perry) are being discontinued :(

Catrice I'm a star
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSE6cEKnYHY5YKIQ_2I70OcEz17ekAtXSFxyksA9epOKPGc2Wt

Catrice goldfinger
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRNxOwLfBGJVXe4BZqHiF91Y5gj7MvieqK48Jqj9bF2huas3DLog

Catrice Blues Brother vol.II
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStifTmUnutlNncvNEBRnaLMPxY8r-n_2SSDzLj8b_4txQLTI6e

Catrice Khaki perry
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOxQawm7yWk0i961jN5oINitYVKEMGIUJmVITZV8i1ALPlc7xKjA

Catrice captain sparrow's boat
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMLvt0iSy82Nkj8-bvoZ-Vp4bZiV1kW6Tx_PLRuC1tQznvloN0OA

Catrice in the bronx
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEPQ7ppz_rK9OcySvQ-URsgZf4kRncJfDdAo-W8p3WZBXJpxWp3Q

Catrice let's mauve on
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTRPkcmiUFyHC6-CfFcvnX4KyYEHMKvmI9hmEHuir3fMZrB8xRZw

Catrice Prismatic effects
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSs18fTtcetp0rOnmqyRF3aJ6vPVG2eTIiWypg5izfgqTWHITgpQ

None of these are my pictures btw :) now i have no money but i am delighted i got them before they sold out :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Musical.x where did you get them?

There's a place in my town that sells Catrice, they've about five different colours and too many bottles of each colour FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

yeh i was bad but they were Half price...HALF!!!!:D most of these (except for captain sparrows boat and khaki perry) are being discontinued :(

None of these are my pictures btw :) now i have no money but i am delighted i got them before they sold out :cool:

Love them! Price wise, are they more like Essie or ELF? I've never seen them in shops.

suomi wrote: »
    Love them! Price wise, are they more like Essie or ELF? I've never seen them in shops.
    they are normally €2.79 a bottle. don't let that fool you though because they are the best quality polish you can find.
    Musical.x where did you get them?

There's a place in my town that sells Catrice, they've about five different colours and too many bottles of each colour FFS.
    I got them in a little (i mean TINY ) chemist in galway. they have a good 20-30 different kinds and about 5-8 bottles of each colour. They are amazing altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I just discovered a chemist in Maynooth today which sells Catrice, didn't think anywhere did. So that was a nice surprise.

Got this - Catrice Genius in the Bottle.

350x263px-LL-e8ff7d0a_atqabeauty.com_catrice_840_genius_in_the_bottle_01.jpeg

I bought 3 really pretty Essence polishes as well.

Passion for Fashion

essence-passion-for-fash.jpg

Glamorous Life

ESSENCE-Colour-and-Go-Nail-Polish-Glamorous-Life-91-Shimmer-317x317.jpg

and Viva La Green (this pic has the most accurate colour to it in real life).

essence-viva-la-green-L-FC0Haj.jpeg

I also got MaxFactor Fantasy Fire, but I won't post pix cuz everyone knows what it looks like by now :p

(Images all from google).

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

they are normally €2.79 a bottle. don't let that fool you though because they are the best quality polish you can find.

I got them in a little (i mean TINY ) chemist in galway. they have a good 20-30 different kinds and about 5-8 bottles of each colour. They are amazing altogether.

Where in Galway? Those I have most of those colours :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Orlee wrote: »
    A few in Boots in Stephens Green, Dublin. Got one today.

(Revlon Lip butters also in if anyone is interested!)

I have been buying these up and selling them on ebay for double the price. Sold 5 today! All going to America. As an actuary, you gotta love an arbitrage opportunity! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'm in the US for work and there's a Sephora in the mall across from the hotel. They sell lots of OPI and Nails Inc special editions, so I picked up these two today

Sephora by OPI "Teal We Meet Again"

P258213_hero.jpg

Sephora by OPI Electric Blue Blasted (crackle-type varnish I think)

P304411_hero.jpg

Saorenza wrote: »
    Where in Galway? Those I have most of those colours :P

i pm'd you the directions (i hope you get loads!!!)

:D

Mosaic nails :D

bit messy though:eek: i had these on for a week of so hence the growth and chip on the thumb :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Went to Taget today, where they have a really nice selection of polishes. I picked up the following

OPI An Affair in Red Square (pic from Babbling Brooke blog)

umd.JPG

Nicole by OPI in Iceberg Lotus (Pic from Swatch and Learn blog)

Nicole-by-OPI-Iceberg-Lotus-Nail-Polish.jpg

I can't tell from the receipt which polish is which, but together they cost $8.50 and $7.04

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Hello Kitty nails......

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/197776.jpg

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/197777.jpg

Colours used : purple thumb is a marks and spenser colour with no name. pink-Dare to wear rain lilly, blue is sally hansen blew me away, orange is catrice apropos apricot and red is catrice marilyn and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

My recent purchase online of one of the new China Glaze Prismatic Collection - this now means I need to get the other 5!!
    Optical Illusion, with flash, without flash and close up :) (pics taken from my blog)

1332932463503.jpeg

1332932607753.jpeg

1332932688036.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

dudara wrote: »
    I'm in the US for work and there's a Sephora in the mall across from the hotel. They sell lots of OPI and Nails Inc special editions, so I picked up these two today

Sephora by OPI "Teal We Meet Again"

P258213_hero.jpg

Sephora by OPI Electric Blue Blasted (crackle-type varnish I think)

P304411_hero.jpg

I picked up that same Electric Blue blasted color a couple months ago, absolute CRAP. Did not crackle at all (I accidentally bought it not realizing it was a crackle as well). Returned it as soon as I could. I'd check it first to make sure it does what it says so you'll be able to return it if it doesn't!

My recent purchase online of one of the new China Glaze Prismatic Collection - this now means I need to get the other 5!!
    Optical Illusion, with flash, without flash and close up :) (pics taken from my blog)

you have a blog....can i have a link? :pac:
    I picked up that same Electric Blue blasted color a couple months ago, absolute CRAP. Did not crackle at all (I accidentally bought it not realizing it was a crackle as well). Returned it as soon as I could. I'd check it first to make sure it does what it says so you'll be able to return it if it doesn't!

you can return polish? :eek: that's crazy! i thought it was allowed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

you can return polish? :eek: that's crazy! i thought it was allowed[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's great, Sephora do returns on everything as far as I am aware. I didn't have any problem with returning the polish (I actually bought 2 crackles and both were pitiful). You could even return foundation if it wasn't what you expected, or like if your mascara dries out quickly, you could exchange it, etc. I think they just mark the makeup as used or something and dispose of it in some way.

Advertisement