Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Boots in the Jervis are selling off a tonne of ORLY nail polish for four euro :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up this today.

Illamsqua Muse.

Illamasqua+-+Muse+013.jpg

Photo from Ulmiel Blog

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

been missing for a while. bought loads tho.

On day 2 of the Ciaté Mini Mani Month :)

Sinful Colours - Nirvana

da6a9734f62edf48211f2485f92d33ee.jpg

I don't have anything like this, surprisingly, but I really like it, I hope its nice on.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've been enjoying my Ciate advent calendar very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

My tacky as hell glitter Christmas nails :)

http://imgur.com/GQQh9Tc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I've been enjoying my Ciate advent calendar very much!

Meeee too. I 'think' I got an old one - ordered off the irish site, next year I'm ordering from the UK - nut as it's the first year I got it and they are my first ever Ciaté polishes I don't mind too much

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

hdowney wrote: »
    Meeee too. I 'think' I got an old one - ordered off the irish site, next year I'm ordering from the UK - nut as it's the first year I got it and they are my first ever Ciaté polishes I don't mind too much

I've bought mine from TK Maxx the last two years. Only €27! They're old but still plenty of pretty colours!

Picked these up in TK Maxx as I had a gift voucher to use :)

Illamsqua Faithful

nails-nailvarnish-faithful-swatch_1-600x600.jpg

OPI Viking In A Vinter Vonderland

nlbxpv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

TK Maxx has a great selection of nail polishes at the minute. Illamasqua, Nails Inc, OPI, China Glaze... I nearly picked up 10 of them haha. But in the end just got two Nails Inc ones - Uptown (a dusky pink) and Old Bond Street (a deep purple). Our WiFi is crap so can't post pics unfortunately, but they are lovely shades.

• Advertisement

TK Maxx has a great selection of nail polishes at the minute. Illamasqua, Nails Inc, OPI, China Glaze... I nearly picked up 10 of them haha. But in the end just got two Nails Inc ones - Uptown (a dusky pink) and Old Bond Street (a deep purple). Our WiFi is crap so can't post pics unfortunately, but they are lovely shades.
    Oooh I just googled those, must see if they have Uptown in my local TK Maxx, its gorgeous.

I have Old Bond Street, its one of my absolute favourites, its gorgeous.

Picked this up today in TK Maxx

L'Oreal Greyt Expectations

005.JPG

Received this as a Christmas present, its stunning.

Orly - Be Daring.

347d1rq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Bought an advent calendar for 13euro in tk maxx!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Bought an advent calendar for 13euro in tk maxx!!

Is that one of the ciate ones? I bought the 2015 and 2013 in tk, they were soo soo much cheaper than what they were going for online. Can't get over just how much you get!

Yep! Lovely!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I got a Red Carpet Manicure gel nail polish for Christmas (I have a UV Lamp already) and am thinking of investing in a few more bottles of gel polish with my Santa Money. :pac:

Just wondering if anyone has experience of this brand or any particularly good ones? Particularly the longevity of the polish in the actual bottle, as well as on nails!

I got a few bottles of Hairspray's own brand from a bargain bin a couple of years ago and they are still liquid and in perfect condition- my fear is investing a hundred quid in a few bottles of "good" polish and it's all a hardened lump within a few months. I've lost many a bottle of "normal" non-gel nail polish this way and don't want to spend €13 for a bottle of polish that cements itself after I've only had a couple of uses.

Do you dilute it with nail varnish remover when it gets thick?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I did- I have nail polish thinner too. I don't mind lashing a load of crap into an essence bottle and giving it a shake! But I'd rather avoid having to do that with pricey polish! :o

I don't know about the gel polish, but for "ordinary " polish, even if it's expensive, use acetone. Remover has a lot of water in it. That's what clumps it...

• Advertisement

Picked up this today in TK Maxx for €5

NARS Purple Rain

2w33w91.jpg

Picked this up today. €4 in TK Maxx.

OPI Romantically Involved.

tZHZySs.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

I am wearing essence 'dare' it's a bright fire engine red I love it for work with a suit.

I've never had acrylics and am thinking of them. My nails keep breaking. Can anyone recommend a really good person in Dublin City centre? I will pay for the best! I'm a perfectionist when it comes to nails.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've been on the look out for a Rose Gold nail polish and the only one I could find was SOSU nail polish in Dream Big.
    http://www.sosu.ie/collections/nails/products/dream-big
    I have another polish from this brand and wasn't happy with it - I found that it chipped after a day. So with a discount from Cloud 10 and a few other things to get - I took a chance on this. I've been wearing it since Saturday evening and it still looks well. The colour is nice on, it's not flashy bling metallic, it's wearable. Also it hasn't chipped and I work in an office which puts my nail polis to the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

Anyone do their own gel polish at home? My gelish base & top coat are on their last legs and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a slightly cheaper brand? My gelish ones have gone very thick very quickly.

I was looking up Blue Sky Polishes but I've found a lot of reviews saying people reacted to the polish with cuticle blisters :eek:

Got these done today. Essie 2week.

Does anyone find a difference between Essie and shellac? I find shellac has a better shine and less likely to chip. Essie almost feels slightly tacky to touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

aine92 wrote: »
    Anyone do their own gel polish at home? My gelish base & top coat are on their last legs and I am wondering if anyone can recommend a slightly cheaper brand? My gelish ones have gone very thick very quickly.

I was looking up Blue Sky Polishes but I've found a lot of reviews saying people reacted to the polish with cuticle blisters :eek:
    I used a 2 in 1 base and top coat I got from Salon savers for a long time and found it great. Can't remember the name, but it was fairly cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Dug this out of my nail polish drawer, Essie Aruba Blue. Haven't worn it in ages. Bit meh about it tbh.

Photo from http://cajkinekandze.blogspot.ie/
    Essie-Aruba-Blue-2.jpg

Revlon Cayenne.

yw13srF.jpg?1

• Advertisement

Shellac field fox- hate it! So boring! Want it off!

Advertisement