Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If any of you have a TK Maxx card I'd whose getting to a store tonight! They have some of the Ciate mini Mani month calendars on sale! Three types in Arklow. I've gone for the one with mystery gifts for myself!

How much are they please? They look lovely, I won't make it to a TK Maxx in time though I suspect!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

dee_mc wrote: »
    How much are they please? They look lovely, I won't make it to a TK Maxx in time though I suspect!

Oops, I thought I'd written that in! €26.99. Still a good few here!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

They also have the baubles too!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

When I can't be bothered making an effort but want my nails to look "done" dots never fail me!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

dee_mc wrote: »
    Link doesn't work, page not found

I posted that on the 14th so it's not the star gift any more. That's probably why it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I posted that on the 14th so it's not the star gift any more. That's probably why it doesn't work.

Blonde moment, apologies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hi all

I'm looking to get a pale gold nail polish. Something like the Aurora by Rimmel but something that's not as thick. I have tried using Mavala nail polish thinner in this and it doesn't work, it works on every other polish but just not this one :(

This is Aurora:

ce71c233c431c0adfdeeea479042e137.jpg

I love All Hail The Queen by Butter London but it can't be found anywhere, and I don't particularly want to spend €15ish on a polish either :o

Would really appreciate any help with this, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

My attempt at Christmas nails. Quite pleased with them. The red is China Glaze Ruby Pumps and no photo could do this justice and the gold nail is just a LE Essence Twilight polish with Essence Snow White glitter polish over it. It is VERY blingy altogether and have been getting compliments on it :)

10872759_537370653066359_9102837696911733871_o (3).jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Tacky Christmas nails? Don't mind if I do! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

PennyWren wrote: »
    Tacky Christmas nails? Don't mind if I do! :):):)

That is really lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Early Christmas pressie from a friend :D
    natural_beauty_jordklode.jpg_web_1.jpg
    Love the new Nails Inc packaging, looks really luxurious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Suitably tacky Christmas nails. It looks like I dipped my fingers in glitter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭minipink

Just a little nail varnish bargain alert, River Island (in Swords not sure about other locations) have the Barry M Gel look polish reduced to €2 and they also have some sets reduced too. They have peach, green, pink and purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Always get 21 day Gelish although I find they last a lot longer! Love having my nails done!

These are my nails after 5 weeks on:

wk05za.jpg

Fresh nails today:

2n19xqh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

^^

You're so lucky! In the last year any time I've had any type of 2/3 week manicure they've started chipping within a couple of days. My nails are just too weak for them!

^^

You're so lucky! In the last year any time I've had any type of 2/3 week manicure they've started chipping within a couple of days. My nails are just too weak for them!

I always found that too and now I always get the same girl and she uses Gelish which I find lasts the longest.

If I didn't have this on my nails would peel and chip. They are so bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Jwacqui wrote: »
    I always found that too and now I always get the same girl and she uses Gelish which I find lasts the longest.

If I didn't have this on my nails would peel and chip. They are so bad!

I've had Gelish and results are the same :( I actually have longer lasting results with nail varnish I do myself! Your nails look gorgeous btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Love the colour on your nails now. Although the nail on your ring finger would drive me crazy. Can they straighten it for you? I hate paying money for something and have it done incorrectly.

It sucks because for my job I have to have short nails. I'd love to have your length.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Went with Grey gelish for a change!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Haven't had any interest in painting my nails recently and they've all broken...Starting again for the new year and picked this out of my untrieds..It's Refresh...ing by Colors by Llarowe and it was totally worth the effort..It's so much prettier than I thought it would be in the bottle..

Colors-By-Llarowe-Refreshing-2.jpg

**not my pic**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I was wearing Barry M Lychee this week, lovely colour on. But when I took it off this evening, 2 of my nails are stained a dark colour. I'd understand if I had a dark polish on but I hadnt. I haven't worn polish in a couple of weeks til this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

64j6tz.jpg

Shellac romantique and cream puff with gold foil

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Could anyone recommend a top coat that helps normal polish last longer? Love having my nails painted but no finances for shellac etc every few weeks. Get fed up of painting them at home and then the next day or two they're all chipped. Is there any top coat that gets you much longer out of the polish?

sillysocks wrote: »
    Could anyone recommend a top coat that helps normal polish last longer? Love having my nails painted but no finances for shellac etc every few weeks. Get fed up of painting them at home and then the next day or two they're all chipped. Is there any top coat that gets you much longer out of the polish?

I highly recommend Seche Vite. You can get it in Boots. It goes on like gel, is super glossy, dries really quickly and I would get about six days out of a mani before chips appear. I have recommended it to all my friends and they love it too. It makes any ordinary nail polish look like gels.

I tried Sally Hansen Insta Dri before but didn't think it was as good as SV. It's worth the extra few euro I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Valentina wrote: »
    I highly recommend Seche Vite. You can get it in Boots. It goes on like gel, is super glossy, dries really quickly and I would get about six days out of a mani before chips appear. I have recommended it to all my friends and they love it too. It makes any ordinary nail polish look like gels.

I tried Sally Hansen Insta Dri before but didn't think it was as good as SV. It's worth the extra few euro I think.

Thanks! Will give that a try so. Do you just take it off with normal remover then?

sillysocks wrote: »
    Thanks! Will give that a try so. Do you just take it off with normal remover then?

Yep it comes off with ordinary nail polish remover :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I got very dark red shellac last night and it's noticeably darker on the white tips of my nails, is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Congrats Jwacqui on the engagement :D I find that Gelish lasts a longer too. My nails are quite weak, and I always found Shellac lasts about 10 days max. Anytime I've got Gelish it hasn't chipped at all! Last time I had it on for 3 weeks! All depends on the manicurist too I guess.

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Congrats Jwacqui on the engagement :D I find that Gelish lasts a longer too. My nails are quite weak, and I always found Shellac lasts about 10 days max. Anytime I've got Gelish it hasn't chipped at all! Last time I had it on for 3 weeks! All depends on the manicurist too I guess.

Thanks Lia!! Very observant of you to notice!! :-)

The girl that does mine is great! Mine are on 2 weeks now although I did take a chip out of one of my nails yesterday in work. I closed the door on my nail :-( filed it out though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I had shellac done on Friday and over the weekend it chipped, and this morning on two of the nails it peeled off entirely.

Has never happened before I was hopping mad!

Advertisement