Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Got a lovely polish at the weekend: Catrice - It's Time for Lovender. Put it on Sat night for a Communion yesterday - was stuck for time so just put one coat of polish on, no base or top coat and look at the state of it this morning! Very disappointed as it's a lovely colour.

Wow, was there a trace of oil on your nails before you applied it maybe? I find a quick wipe over with nail polish remover before applying polish helps them 'stick' better, it looks like that polish just lifted off.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

That's funny that happened with 1 coat I find the more coats I put on the more it chips and lifts OPI all the way I know its more expensive but it lasts, although I was looking for a mint green and couldn't find the right shade I spotted the exact colour i needed in Penny's while i was at check out can't remember name of it but it was only €1.50 thought it be crap but actually it lasted about 4 days without chipping and was dry within seconds of applying which was good cause that's usually how I smudge mine waiting for them to dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Currently wearing 'This Is Paradise' from SoSueMe's collection.

Short review for you as I haven't seen them mentioned here yet :)
    I love the colour, don't have anything like it. Possibly similar to China Glaze's 'For Audrey'
    The picture is from today and I applied it on Sunday afternoon so it's lasting well (no chips yet at all).
    I applied 2 coats with a base and top coat as she recommended but I don't think it has the
    gel finish that the collection is advertising. Application was ok, it went on a bit streaky and there were a couple of bubbles.
    Don't think I'll be shelling out for any more as I think you can get better quality for cheaper but I love the colour and I'll be reusing :)

IMAG0371.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

went on a little splurge in french cosmetics today, got all of these in geleration! :)

coral reef
    5951a39ed75e0b8cbc6fc10395ed35f3.jpg

soak up the sun
    c2de81b4ade4a95622e495ce57b4e9f0.jpg
    raspberry
    07de7e42f0b2df9aa7da3d4fb4fd4670.jpg
    viva la lime
    JC+Viva+La+Lime+Lights+2.JPG
    argon blue
    CBLZxXSWQAAaTnh.jpg
    lightening yellow
    9a14c97d2366b20c56d785cbae33c68a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Gold sparkles. These make me happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Not sure if I like them yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

PandaPoo wrote: »
    Not sure if I like them yet!

They're gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Chanel Rouge Noir. I love this polish :)

rn2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Picked up these in TK Maxx, Dealz and Penneys recently.

OPI I Saw You Saw Warsaw

OPI-I-Saw-U-Saw-We-Saw-Warsaw-nail-polish-swatch-euro-centrale.jpg

Illamsqua Kink

illamasqua-kink-nail-polish-varnish-swatch-rubber-waxy-coat-nameless.jpg

Maybelline Orange Fix

maybelline-colow-show-orange-fix-swatches.jpg

Revlon Amethyst

3495955.jpg

Dealz / Make Up Gallery - Purple Rain

blogger-image--498708465.jpg

Dealz / Make Up Gallery - Purple Glitz - the worst glitter polish I've used. You need several coats to get any decent amount of glitter, and even with the little but you do get, its still as much as a b!tch of other glitters to get off.

121527_23.jpg

Essence Electriiiiiic

essence_electriiiiiic-1a.jpg

Sinful Colors Timbleberry

SinfulColorsTimbleberry025-1.jpg

Max Factor Raspberry Blush

IMG_7217.jpg

Rimmel Loafer Love For You

2ym7of6.jpg

Revlon Rich Raspberry

243eqko.jpg

L'oreal Exquisite Scarlet

e08c93b6df059aa6cf64a1a2e056a92a.jpg

Continuation of my previous post as there was too many images. :o

Sally Hansen Miracle Cure - didn't do anything. Absolutely nothing. Waste of €10.

nail2.jpg

Save the nail toughen up base coat - This was reduced to 50 cents in Boots

10124999?id=wKjap0&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=433&hei=548

Save the nail wet look topcoat - this was also 50 cents in Boots.

10124995?id=yYwa52&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&wid=433&hei=548

Sally Hansen maximum growth cuticle pen - this was 25 cents in Boots

np5q3o.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

Ohh which boots did you get the save the nail stuff in? I loved the Toughen Up base coat but hated paying so much for it!

Ohh which boots did you get the save the nail stuff in? I loved the Toughen Up base coat but hated paying so much for it!
    Got it in Mullingar about two or three weeks ago. Girl said it was being discontinued hence why it was reduced. It wasn't in the clearance section it was in the nail section with a big sale sticker on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ah balls, is all Save The Nail stuff being discontinued? Bridge the Ridge base coat is one of my faves, makes polish last a really long time on me without chipping.

Got Rimmel Bright Back At You in Dealz - what a steal! Such a pretty colour.

rimmel+swatch.PNG

Pic source: http://thetreasurechestt.blogspot.ie/2012/08/rimmel-60-seconds-bright-back-at-you.html

Picked up these today in Dealz.

Revlon Bonsai

Revlon-Colorstay-Longwear-Nail-Enamel-Bonsai.jpg

Revlon Indigo Night

okDSC_0115.png

obsessed with dots lately! !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Harley Quinn hand painted on gels, done by my fantastic sister :)

072b0a8a-3f43-486d-b7ec-3da1f3e04fc2_zpseo6uqnle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Im going on my sun hols and want to do something fun with my nails. Any suggestions for some holiday colours? My job is professional so never get to break out! My sister is getting acrylics for the two weeks... are they not supposed to be for longer?

SATSUMA wrote: »
    Im going on my sun hols and want to do something fun with my nails. Any suggestions for some holiday colours? My job is professional so never get to break out! My sister is getting acrylics for the two weeks... are they not supposed to be for longer?

I get gels, they usually last me 4-5 weeks & I work in retail, lots of nail breaking opportunity. I think acrylics should last as long...

You should go for neons, nice & bright :)

SATSUMA wrote: »

I wear acrylics 24/7. Natural and round, so they would last longer than your typical long and square that tends to be more popular.

I've had the same set on for weeks now, just fill them in whenever I want. Usually every 3 weeks. No breaking or chipping.

PandaPoo wrote: »
    I wear acrylics 24/7. Natural and round, so they would last longer than your typical long and square that tends to be more popular.

I've had the same set on for weeks now, just fill them in whenever I want. Usually every 3 weeks. No breaking or chipping.

I used to always go for square tips, it too my sister ages to convince me to go for round... I wouldn't go back now.

• Advertisement

Picked up Catrice 'Blue and a Half Men' in Penneys today.
    Didn't have high hopes after the first coat - very little pigmentation - and it looked a little streaky after the second, but the brush is great, very easy neat application, and the colour built up really well after 3 coats (it's now fully opaque and streak free).
    Haven't used a Catrice polish in years and can't remember whether they wear well, fingers crossed!

Max Factor Diva Pink. Got this for free in a 3-for-2 offer.

jhsqs2.jpg

Thanks to Boots points for these two L'Oreal polishes. They were reduced to 30 cent each.

Ingenious Rose

L%E2%80%99Oreal-Colour-Riche-Nails-Ingenious-Rose.jpg

L'Oreal Flamingo Elegance - Really hard to get a decent pic of this online.

2d0dylx.jpg

Revlon Blue Slate €1.49 in Dealz.

2ns4zdl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Wearing Rimmel Mind the Gap, Victoria today (love the name!). Got this in a local pharmacy for like 1.70 or something. Beautiful colour.

2935de69a2a3bc2166080f96ba057003.jpg

pic source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/447334175463892278/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Seventeen Azure Amour. This is the most gorgeous summery blue, I love it. Have some white on top and they kind of remind me of stone wash jeans, which I think I like :)

Rimmel Shout Out Loud

Shout-Out-Loud1.jpg

Rimmel Rock n Red

3925f0d71aec07c62aff5c82d1edf6af.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Picked up Wet n Wild "Blazed" nail polish.

So disappointing; I gave it each nail two coats and still it's see-through and you can see the brush strokes.

Disappointed with a lot of Wet n Wild products; their mascara was far too wet and felt cheap, and their lipsticks are awful.
    Here's the nail varnish I'm talking about (not my pic):

2re1h82.jpg

fussyonion wrote: »
    Picked up Wet n Wild "Blazed" nail polish.

So disappointing; I gave it each nail two coats and still it's see-through and you can see the brush strokes.

Disappointed with a lot of Wet n Wild products; their mascara was far too wet and felt cheap, and their lipsticks are awful.
    Here's the nail varnish I'm talking about (not my pic)

I find I need 3 very thin coats of that polish, but I don't mind as it drys quickly between coats and lasts fairly well.
    I don't think I've tried any of their stuff other than nail varnishes, good to know your experience with their mascaras :)

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

can anyone recommend those stick on nails? I have never tried them.

I just bought the OPI travel kit at the airport which contains six nail varnishes. LOVE IT!

https://shop.klm.com/nl_en/opi-passport-to-color-travel-set.html

• Advertisement

Picked up these in TK Maxx.

Butter London Tart With A Heart. Photo from That Leanne

butter+london+tart+with+a+heart+swatch.jpg

Butter London Royal Navy. Photo from Pshiiit

seqb1k.jpg

Jessica Captivating 613. Photo from Kosmetista.ru

6b4542.jpg

Got these Essence ones from Penneys

On Air!. Photo from bibbedibabbedibeauty.de