Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Put in an order for 15 vinylux polishes yesterday. So excited! I will post photos of the colours when they arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Put in an order for 15 vinylux polishes yesterday. So excited! I will post photos of the colours when they arrive
    Wow, 15! I just bought two recently - Wild Moss and Thistle Thicket.

Here's a recent one on my nails - Essie's Blossom Dandy. The white is OPI Alpine Snow and the gold is China Glaze's I'm Not Lion

CBCO41EXEAAhHa-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

they are gorgeous Pythia! Love the accent nail! I have to force myself to paint my nails recently. The sheer volume that I have is stressing me out so I'm trying to work through some to see whether to keep them or get rid. This is definitely going on my keepers list. It's Moment of Impact by Emily de Molly and it's fab!

EdM-Moment-of-impact-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nursemar88

Decided to turn boring interview nails into something more interesting :)

Easter themed nails :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

nursemar88 wrote: »

Fab, just like mini eggs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Can anyone recommend a good nail strengthener? My nails are in bits lately and anytime I paint them, they polish doesn't last 24hours without chipping, whereas I would have gotten a few days without chipping (mostly) before.

Really don't know what to try or where to start looking so would love a few recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sally Hansen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Sally Hansen
    What product though? There are quite a few and I'm at a loss as to what to try.

I use the maximum growth as my base coat always and the insta dry as my top coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

What are the names of the colours on your ring and index fingers? :)

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a good nail strengthener? My nails are in bits lately and anytime I paint them, they polish doesn't last 24hours without chipping, whereas I would have gotten a few days without chipping (mostly) before.

Really don't know what to try or where to start looking so would love a few recommendations.

I'd really recommend OPI Nail Envy. Outs expensive though so if you can't afford that Sally Hansen Nail Growth Miracle. It's the one in the gold bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got Sally Hansen's Nail Rehab the other day and think it's quite good :)

Valentina wrote: »
    What are the names of the colours on your ring and index fingers? :)

They are both Essie. The index is Absolutely Shore and ring is Liliacism :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

YrohGhU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Omg, absolutely beautiful nails PandaPoo! What glitter polish did you use?

I went back to an old fave today, OPI Sparrow Me The Drama. It was part of the Pirates of the Caribbean collection that came out in 2011. Can't believe it was that long ago!!

SparrowMeTheDrama.JPG

Pic from The Polishaholic blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Thanks :) it's Sally Hansen gem crush, Razzle Dazzler. I really like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Anyone tried Leighten Denny polish? Or the sally Hansen gel range?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

SATSUMA wrote: »

I'm not a Leighton Denny fan, have tried 2 (one was I Love Juicy, a pale coral which I got free with a magazine, the other was a red one I bought and didn't like anything about) and found them rather thick yet streaky, so that it's hard to apply without ending up with visible ridges on the nails. I also found they chipped very quickly, as in within hours of drying. The finish of one of them was odd too, I think it was intended as a satin finish but it was kind of... neither here nor there, if that makes any sense! Not great considering it's in the same price bracket as the likes of OPI.
    I'm interested in the idea of the Sally Hansen gels but haven't seen a colour I like enough to buy so far, will be interested to see what people think of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭crestglan

OPI you get in Hennessy's in town down the side street from GPO or Salon Services in Kinsale Roundabout

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

SATSUMA wrote: »

Just bought the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel - 240B Girl Shade.
    Easy to apply, which is good for me as I am not great at applying it. And looks great. Don't know how long it will last as its the first time I've tried it.
    I did use 3 coats instead of the 2 recommended.

• Advertisement

Have used Catrice myself it does chip I usually put on 3 coats and then top coat I find if the top coats a good brand the nail varnish lasts longer but I only get about 3 days out of Catrice though

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Found this Nails Inc Alexa set in TK Maxx for €18 and had to have it!

Love these squishy marbled nails I tried :)

p8DW6FS.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Love these squishy marbled nails I tried :)

p8DW6FS.jpg

Love these! Beautiful colours.

Beautiful

My nails for campaigning. I'm really hoping subliminal messaging works!! :)

Obbvo4N.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Wobbly_Legs

Love them Nursemar88!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Ahh love your vote yes nails nursemar88! Defo will have to try do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Got a lovely polish at the weekend: Catrice - It's Time for Lovender. Put it on Sat night for a Communion yesterday - was stuck for time so just put one coat of polish on, no base or top coat and look at the state of it this morning! Very disappointed as it's a lovely colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Got a lovely polish at the weekend: Catrice - It's Time for Lovender. Put it on Sat night for a Communion yesterday - was stuck for time so just put one coat of polish on, no base or top coat and look at the state of it this morning! Very disappointed as it's a lovely colour.

Forgot pic

Advertisement