Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Kablamo! wrote: »
    It's called 'Buff'. If you Google it there's better pictures, I really like it.

thanks Kablamo ... is this it?

Looks much more blue :o

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kq0AT73sS2w/U1f5XW5rBiI/AAAAAAAAD5k/p4zGTeDYtvs/s1600/topshopnailsbuff1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I was looking at that in Boots the other day. How does it stand up to wear?

I'm using CND Stickey Base coat and Sally Hansen Quick Dry Top coat and have no chips yet after 4 or 5 days wear which included lots of typing, washing pots, playing guitar and picking out horses' feet :pac: I really like the brush with the Kate Moss polish - one of those thick ones that nearly covers your entire nail in one sweep. Makes putting on polish so much easier! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Orlee wrote: »

It is blue but it's very pale. It's really a lovely, unusual shade. I believe they do a nice, not tipp exxy white! If that's what you're after there's a nice Essie one called marshmallow, it's slightly more opaque if memory serves though. Haven't tried the topshop one, its on the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cossiem0d0

Has anyone had a problem with Butter London nail polish? I removed 'Slapper' (what a name?!) and my nails and finger tips were dyed blue! It took about 2 days to remove! Was super disappointed bc they have such great colours.

Oh well...back to Essie...

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I was looking at that in Boots the other day. How does it stand up to wear?

I find the Rimmel Salon Pro Kate Moss polishes excellent, they've a great finish (a few people have asked me if I have shellac on) and they stay on really well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I don't know if this should be in its own thread or not, but what do people think about nail length?

I've tried growing my nails longer a few times, there's even times I like them that way, generally though I much prefer my nails shorter even if they're painted. I don't mean as short as worn down, bitten nails, but well trimmed and not really showing past my fingertips. I think there's a much more rough and ready look to it.

Similarly, my friends will take off their polish as soon as there are one or two chips, or they'll reapply polish for as long as they can get away with and then take it off once that's not working. To me though, worn and chipped nail polish looks great, for much the same reason I think short painted nails look great.

Anyone with me on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

For me, this kind of length is perfect (Jwacqui, I hope you don't mind me using you as an example, you have lovely nails :D). Personally I don't like them much longer than that. Back in the day I used to get gel nails constantly and the technicians in the place I'd go used to laugh at me asking why I bothered getting them cos I'd have them file them down so low, but I got them for the durability, not for the length!
    Jwacqui wrote: »
    105v5ux.jpg

I hate chipped nail varnish, I wouldn't be happy going on a night out with it chipped! But I do tend to get a bit lazy during the week. If it chips a bit I'll usually leave it a few days before reapplying, unless I've somewhere to be besides work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I think long nails look the best, but they just aren't practical for day to day. I'm super clumsy too so if I let them get too long I just end up hurting myself. The pic of Jwacqui's nails above are the perfect length in my opinion too. I hate chipped polish, but I can get a bit lazy at times so leave it longer to reapply than I probably should.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

I like that length as well, it works well for me and I think it looks nice. Jwacqui you have lovely nails!!
    I hate chips though, it's all off straightaway if I get any!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Jessica geleration in bellini baby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Essie's Fiji with gold studs from the Born Pretty Store

7vlEvknl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Pythia wrote: »
    China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy and Essie's Fiji with gold studs from the Born Pretty Store

7vlEvknl.jpg

LOVE those colours!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Absolutely loving this thread!
    I've only gotten in to painting my nails over the past year and am slowly building up a collection of polishes. I was wondering where all of you get your Essie, OPI, China Glaze etc? I'm a little scared of ordering off ebay - I wouldn't know how to spot a fake, but I don't want to spend too much either.

alroley wrote: »
    Absolutely loving this thread!
    I've only gotten in to painting my nails over the past year and am slowly building up a collection of polishes. I was wondering where all of you get your Essie, OPI, China Glaze etc? I'm a little scared of ordering off ebay - I wouldn't know how to spot a fake, but I don't want to spend too much either.

There are very little fakes in the world of nail varnish luckily. When I was in China, I saw fake OPI there but it was fairly obvious - wrong names attached the bottles.

I buy from beautyzone2007. There are a few more I go for if she isn't in stock such as enchantedbeautyspot. They take about a week and a half to arrive and the products are always perfect!

Summer white nails.

OPI Alpine Snow, Essie Babys Breath with Essie Carnival on top. Silver striping tape on ring finger too.

AWYTtaZl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

alroley wrote: »
    I was wondering where all of you get your Essie, OPI, China Glaze etc? I'm a little scared of ordering off ebay.
    I buy from beautyzone2007.

Another vote for beautyzone2007. I've bought lots of China Glaze from her over the years. Delivery is always really fast too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Rouge Louboutin ... Couldn't resist the packaging!

lEaNGY4.jpg?1

Beautiful bottle and a lovely piece to have on my cabinet but it's totally not worth the €45 ... essence do as good a red for less than 2 quid

Thank god I had a voucher :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Orlee the bottle looks quite big. Still couldn't justify paying that price for a bottle of nail varnish!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Summer white nails.

OPI Alpine Snow, Essie Babys Breath with Essie Carnival on top. Silver striping tape on ring finger too.

AWYTtaZl.jpg

Beautiful! How do you keep your cuticles so perfect?!

PennyWren wrote: »
    Beautiful! How do you keep your cuticles so perfect?!

Thank you!

Cuticle gel (OPI Avoplex), cuticle pusher when doing mani (from ebay) and cuticle nipper if required to get those little bits of skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭VanillaLime

I also buy from beautyzone2007 and am very happy with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Barry m blueberry - I'm going to take a break from shellac for a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I also buy from beautyzone2007 and am very happy with them.
    I also buy from BeautyZone2007 and have never had any problems. I've always received my order within a week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I need to buy more Barry M polishes, the shine from them is fab. I have a black polish by Barry M and it's one of my faves!

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

Love all the pics, great inspiration, what do you use to get polka dots?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Barry m -mint green

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Seventeen Gel Colour in "Azure Amore". Love it, nice big brush and lovely shine from two coats (Collection 2 in 1 Base coat, no top coat)

IMG_20140825_2046352.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

2ufc7ra.jpg

Purple is "grape gum" by shellac. Just some gold flowers stuck on. Pythia, the nails are amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Cocolola wrote: »
    Seventeen Gel Colour in "Azure Amore". Love it, nice big brush and lovely shine from two coats (Collection 2 in 1 Base coat, no top coat)

I don't have any expensive polishes but that 17 Gel Colour range is really good quality from what I can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

I don't have any expensive polishes but that 17 Gel Colour range is really good quality from what I can tell.

I'm terribly lazy when it comes to beauty, nails especially, but I'm fast becoming a fan of this range. Went back to Boots to pick up another one yesterday (Mocha-tini, lovely but not sure it suits my skin tone) and it's got the same luxurious look and feel IMO and easy peasy to apply. They're only €5.09 in my Boots, you can't go wrong :)

Advertisement