Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

Meehan
    I love the grey Barry M polish that you got. How much are the polishes ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Ivenus wrote: »
    Meehan
    Barrym polishes are around E4.50 in Boots.

ASOS have them too for 3 pounds.

http://www.asos.com/Barry-M/Barry-M-Nail-Paint-Classic-Collection/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1634693&SearchRedirect=true&SearchQuery=barry%20m%20grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

A-England Tristam. 2 coats. It's a nice polish but I was a bit disappointed considering the hype surrounding the brand. I'll still wear it :D just not as often as I thought I would :P

Aengland+Tristam+Swatch+(10).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Meehan

Just had a look at the receipt there, they're E4.59 each, and if you buy two, you get a E1.50 discount. So you get them together for E7.68 instead of E9.18!

musical.x wrote: »
    A-England Tristam. 2 coats. It's a nice polish but I was a bit disappointed considering the hype surrounding the brand. I'll still wear it :D just not as often as I thought I would :P

http://cuti-clue-les.blogspot.ie/2012/09/trist-am-shout.html"]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-kemIvd3KUP8/UEZBupHJYII/AAAAAAAADD4/TaOzX9Y1Pqs/s1600/Aengland+Tristam+Swatch+(10).JPG
    Your nails are lovely, how do you keep them so long? and how do you keep your cuticles to clean/tidy looking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Essie Smokin' Hot - Lovely formula, great autumn colour!

IMG_20120906103935%2520p.m..jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Orlee wrote: »
    Essie Smokin' Hot - Lovely formula, great autumn colour!

Oh, that looks yummy :p I love colors that remind me of hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

One of my latest purchases, from the new OPI Germany collection. This is German-icure - a lovely rich metallic wine colour.

Here's my photo

7948343678_43ab5b6c9c.jpg

but here's a better one from Fashion Polish

OPI+German-icure+by+OPI.jpg

I also purchased Deutsch Want Me Baby? and Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine! from the same collection. All photos again from Fashion Polish

opi+Deutsch+You+Want+Me+Baby.jpg

OPI+Nein+Nein+Nein+Ok+Fine.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Meehan

I get a lot of my Barry M's on Littlewoods too, the basic ones are 4 euro with free delivery. (even better with discount codes!)

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Your nails are lovely, how do you keep them so long? and how do you keep your cuticles to clean/tidy looking?

Mawh thanks :D Length wise they are pretty easy to maintain. They are actually fairly short in that picture. I don't do anything special except when I want to shorten them I file them down instead of cutting them. Seems to keep them a bit stronger.

For the cuticles I keep them moisturized with the Pixy Aloe rescue gel from here: http://www.pixy.ie/lotions-potions/body/aloe-rescue-gel.html . I used to cut them but I think it makes them look tatty for a while after and the essence cuticle gel seems to make the skin around my cuticles peel so I've steered clear of them :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I was in penneys yesterday, very sad they did not have any of the essence snow white glitters. I picked up the purple Angelico glitter, I really like it! I think they are the best glitters I've ever tried. Just sorry I didn't pick up more colours.

Do Clearys still have Essence polishes reduced to less than a euro? Do they have any other good bargains on nail polishes/beauty products?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

A couple of weeks ago I bought NYC in the colour park ave which I adored, it went on really smoothly and even, and it lasted me nearly a whole week without chipping! I just opened it to put it on just now and it has turned really thick and gloopy and was so difficult to get it on evenly! Has this happened anyone before?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Saorenza

I was in Tuam yesterday and got Suzi Says Feng Shui by OPI for €6, reduced from 11. There was only one of it so I got it. I love the colour, though I think I have a Rimmel in a similar colour the OPI has better pigmentation and coverage.

Also I need a recommendation - some of my nails are peeling and they feel dry in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I picked up Essie grow stronger about 3 weeks ago and have been using it since. I'm really impressed!
    I work in a deli so I'm constantly washing my hands, in the fridges and opening boxes so, my nails are usually in bits, breaking, peeling, bending... The works.
    Since I started using it though (even after the first application) my nails are soooo much stronger and I havent broken one yet so theyre finally starting to get long! couldn't recommend this more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

I had a wee bit of a Catrice splurge! Ignore the state of my cuticles!

How I Matt Your Mother
    tumblr_ma39kbaiPs1rc4cmxo1_1280.jpg

I've never used a matte polish before, so this was a bit strange until I applied a top coat. Still, I liked the colour :)

The Pinky And The Brain
    tumblr_ma39khDDPZ1rc4cmxo1_1280.jpg

This is a lovely bright, bright pink. I have it on my toenails now, hope it lasts a while! In the photo I only have one coat on, it's veeeery bright!

Grey's Kelly
    tumblr_ma39g1UKBC1rc4cmxo1_500.jpg

This took two/three coats to get the same pigmentation as the pink, but it's quite nice, and glossy. I likes my neutrals!

Apologies for the massive photos!

I haven't done nail art in ages but I had some free time a week or so ago and managed to do some Rugrat inspired nail art :)

The+Rugrats+freehand+nail+art+(2).JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Essie Nice is Nice. Typical difficult pastel - after 3 not too thick not too thin coats there's still some streaking and uneven parts but it's not too noticeable in person. Nice soft color overall ... a little plain compared to musical.x though :rolleyes:

IMG_20120909062030%2520p.m..jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Musefan

Hi! I came across this thread this morning. I have never worn nail varnish before and I decided I would be adventurous (even though the colour might not be very out there) and paint my nails. I had no idea what the differences between different brands are so I picked purely by what colour it was! I also figured this colour wouldn't show up my mistakes so much. Thank you all for introducing me to nail varnish :)

The colour is caramel cupcake by Rimmel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

A2MihKFCMAAMUyA.jpg:large

Minnie Mouse pink shade and sparkly heart topcoat my lovely boyfriend treated me too! Love it!

Girls I'm having an Essence nail varnish comp at the mo' if you's are interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

There are a few snow white nail varnishes and glitter toppers in the penny's in Castlebar. Not sure which ones tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

These are a bit chipped and in need of a meeting with Mr Nailpolish Remover but I was playing around with some pearls, rhinestones & pink polish over the weekend.

pinkishnails.jpg

Love the sugar effect of the white microbeads but think the star needs to be curved slightly to work. Next time will set up a miniature lab and heat it up then shape it over something with a curve in it before using it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I haven't worn polish for nearly a month I think, so tonight I finally got to try out some from the nail polish swap. I'm wearing Max Factor Fantasy Fire - SO PRETTY! I have seen some gorgeous pics online with people putting it over a plain purple or blue base but I just have 3 coats of FF on it's own so mine looks like this:

FantasyFire007-1.jpg
    (Pic from makeupwithdrawal.com)

I love it!

So pretty, Valentina! Where can you find Max Factor Fantasy Fire in Ireland (if at all)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

So pretty, Valentina! Where can you find Max Factor Fantasy Fire in Ireland (if at all)?
    They have MaxFactor stands in Boots and some other chemists too. I've seen Fantasy Fire in a few places recently so it's still around!

Seren_ wrote: »
    They have MaxFactor stands in Boots and some other chemists too. I've seen Fantasy Fire in a few places recently so it's still around!

Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My new OPI shade - Deutsche Want Me Baby? I think I've finally found the perfect orange shade!!

7975939175_f9cfd13547.jpg

Dudara that orange is just beautiful! I'm after China Glaze in 'Riveting' at the moment but yours is quite a heap classier, may have to buy both!

ChinaGlaze-Riveting.jpg

Picked up Barry M in Cappucino at the weekend, love it. Normally hate browns on my hands (they make me look distinctly corpselike) but this has a lovely purple tint to it, sort of a dark mauve

DSC00771.JPG

pics from glittertips blog & thegoreprincess.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

This is Nails Inc Cambridge with China Glaze Latticed Lilac crackle... I picked up the crackle for e2.98 In Sallys - liking the glitter ones, the plain ones don't do it for me!

• Advertisement

Silver foil over Barry M in cappucino

barrym_cappucino_foil.jpg

Advertisement