Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ladypip wrote: »
    Really? I was only there about two weeks ago and they definatly didn't have them then.

they were there on monday and Thursday this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Sally Hansen Salon Effects: Laced Up

lace+nails.jpg
    (not my pic)

Bought it in Tesco for about €8.60 or €8.70.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I haven't been on this page in ages and I missed it, so here is a few nails I did the past while.

418590_10152066207580393_1118844618_n.jpg

208637_10152072315980393_1777376126_n.jpg

314906_10152072461365393_1782463323_n.jpg

• Advertisement

215603_10152050011290393_597143996_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Ladies, I was in Clerys today and they have a ton of Essence polishes for .65c! I think they restocked it! They've loads of colours! I got the last Galactic Black though :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lyra Fangs

phasers wrote: »
    Ladies, I was in Clerys today and they have a ton of Essence polishes for .65c! I think they restocked it! They've loads of colours! I got the last Galactic Black though :cool:

Woo!! I'm heading there tomorrow so :D Thanks!

phasers wrote: »

Damnit, I was only in Clery's yesterday :( and I didnt see any.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seren_ wrote: »
    If anyone is in Ardara or Dungloe in Donegal the pharmacies there have quote full Snow White collections on their essence stands!

Also, have essence gotten rid of blue addicted in their new collection?! I'm going to need to stock up if that's the case!
    Yep they have!

Gutted! :-(

Does anyone know where in Dublin City Centre I could get a bottle on Monday?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

IMAG0186.jpg

Catrice Meet Me At Coral Island with an Essence lace effect on ring fingers. (blurry phone pic, sorry!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

So once in awhile here I get emails from Sally's Beauty Supply that all their clearance items are reduced 50% off. Pretty amazing deal if you ask me! Today I got these 2 beauties for less than $2 total!

electrify2.jpg
    China Glaze - Electrify

tinseltown.jpg
    China Glaze - Tinsel Town

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I got some really cute fimo sticks in the nail polish swap and tried them out, and here's the result! The yellow polish is from H&M and it's called Yellow. :p I'm aware of how horribly dry my cuticles are in both pictures btw. :o

218417.JPG

And here's what I'm wearing today. It's OPI Kiss Me On The Tulips. Love it!

218418.JPG

The colour isn't exactly like it is in real life, it's actually more hot pink than sort of dusty pink. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Are Essence You belong to me and Cheat on me polish bottles on clearance any where? I can't find either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Angelica Hip Hop over a white base. It's very sheer by itself, like a neon pink jelly, so not quite the intense kick-in-the-face neon coral colour that's in the bottle. Still lovely though, nice layered over other colours

angelica_hip_hop.jpg

Angelica Hip-Hop over a China Glaze polish in a creamy orange with a nice shiny decal. Tacky as all get out!

hip_hop_over_china_glaze.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

So I painted my nails and decided to have a go at the clouds thing. I confined it to my thumbnails this time round, too fidly to do all my nails. I also did some button dots on my right ring finger for an accent. So here it is:

187180928233694083_z1tTASj0_b.jpg

The colours are:
    ~ Catrice Limited Edition Coolibri in Virgin Forest (found them today in my chemist :D) Love the Colour
    ~ Catrice Sing: Hey Dirty-Lilah
    ? Catrice Rusty But Sexy

Then the dots are a sliver nail art bottle I have had FOREVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I have to give my nails a break form polishing to do a strengthening treatment, they were literally flaking away. I'm itching to start painting my nails again its like torture!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have to give my nails a break form polishing to do a strengthening treatment, they were literally flaking away. I'm itching to start painting my nails again its like torture!!!
    I am doing the same.

I painted my nails yesterday and today the polish chipped and peeled off and now the top layer of my nails is peeling.

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I am doing the same.

I painted my nails yesterday and today the polish chipped and peeled off and now the top layer of my nails is peeling.

We can help eachother through this hard time :)

Thats exactly what happened to my nails if the polish chipped my nails would peel as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I am doing the same.

My nails have had that problem since I've had paint on them consistently. About a month ago I bought Essie's protein base coat and I really like it! My nails don't flake at all now. So I'd give some sort of strengthening base coat a shot to protect your nails when you paint them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

We can help eachother through this hard time :)

Thats exactly what happened to my nails if the polish chipped my nails would peel as well.
    My nails have had that problem since I've had paint on them consistently. About a month ago I bought Essie's protein base coat and I really like it! My nails don't flake at all now. So I'd give some sort of strengthening base coat a shot to protect your nails when you paint them!
    Thanks so much for your recommendations, I will have a look around for that Essie product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I had on Essence Dopey there the last day. 3 coats but it's a really gorgeous polish.
    Essence+Dopey+nail+polish+swatch+(6).JPG

Has anyone seen Essence you belong to me in the shops? I really want to get it before it's gone completely :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

New Catrice polish - Virgin Forest. Lovely bright metallic green. Forgot how easy the Catrice brushes were to use.

Must do clean up now to remove all the tiny overruns

7882943476_ea14eab7fc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

This is Angelica Hip Hop with Leighton Denny Over the Rainbow.. I'd planned on making a jelly sandwich with Hip Hop but this was too nice :)

I'd planned on making a jelly sandwich with Hip Hop

A jelly sandwich you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I love jelly sandwiches! But I'm finding it really hard to find nail polishes with a jelly finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

dudara wrote: »
    New Catrice polish - Virgin Forest. Lovely bright metallic green. Forgot how easy the Catrice brushes were to use.

Must do clean up now to remove all the tiny overruns

I am wearing that (as per above pic). Only thing is I am finding it is chipping REALLY easily. Lemme know how you get on wi it will ya?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

musical.x wrote: »
    I had on Essence Dopey there the last day. 3 coats but it's a really gorgeous polish.

<pic>

Has anyone seen Essence you belong to me in the shops? I really want to get it before it's gone completely :(
    I saw a few bottles of it in Clerys on Sunday! Going into town now so if it's still there I'll pick up a bottle for you :)

Advertisement