Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Just found this video review of the models own Mirrorball collection i got on youtube and thought I have to share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kkvlo_5_jw

I tried the pinky one last night but I didn't use any base colour so I was disappointed with the result. Can't wait to try now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

do any peel off base coats exist at the moment? I'd love one as it would save me so much time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Essence have one. Not sure how good it is though. If you want to easily remove polish (especially glitter), just pop some nail polish remover on a make up pad, place over your nail and wrap your finger in tin foil, wait ten mins and press down on the nail while pulling the foil off. This removes most polishes really easily.
    do any peel off base coats exist at the moment? I'd love one as it would save me so much time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Ivenus

I bought OPIs new York ballet mini collection the other day. Four mini bottles & they are very mini bottles!
    I'm a little disappointed with them. I knew they were going to be sheer but even after 4 coats they r still ridiculously sheer. Haven't tried the glitter polish yet, looking forward to trying it !
    I usually love OPI polishes so it's a shame these aren't great ( IMO )

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Ivenus wrote: »
    I bought OPIs new York ballet mini collection the other day. Four mini bottles & they are very mini bottles!
    I'm a little disappointed with them. I knew they were going to be sheer but even after 4 coats they r still ridiculously sheer. Haven't tried the glitter polish yet, looking forward to trying it !
    I usually love OPI polishes so it's a shame these aren't great ( IMO )

I think the nail polishes in that collection are jelly polishes and that's why they're so sheer, so they're not even meant to be opaque. :) I have a set of OPI mini polishes too and the bottles are tiny! It's hard to get it to go on smoothly when the brush is so small.

• Advertisement

You are so right Suomi, the brushes are tiny and it's quite hard to paint your nails with them!
    I didn't know they were jelly polishes ! Ah well, I will know for the future. The bottles are so tiny anyway that I will get through them in no time :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

IMAG0227.jpg

Picked up a few Essences today, Ultimate Pink, I Love Bad Boys and Chic Reloaded.

Also, if anyone is still looking for Snow Whites they have all the colours plus one of the glitter toppers (the gold one) in Penneys in Cork, upstairs by the children's clothes section. The other Essence stand in that Penneys down by the till had the Cherry Blossom Girl stuff but it was stripped bare today. Hope they get it back in because I love the blusher.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Angel8ie wrote: »
    Essence have one. Not sure how good it is though. If you want to easily remove polish (especially glitter), just pop some nail polish remover on a make up pad, place over your nail and wrap your finger in tin foil, wait ten mins and press down on the nail while pulling the foil off. This removes most polishes really easily.

I personally find that quite a lot of hassle! Really puts me off glitter polishes. I think I would much prefer just peeling off the polish!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭stargirl.gra

Todays nails Sinful Colours Cinderella and Orly Rage. Love these colours together. I fell like I dont have enough pastels in my life!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/148741/221038.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I'm really disappointed with the amount of colours essence have discontinued :( There's not that many nice new colours out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

NYC's Rock Muse smoky topcoat

nyc-smoky-top-coat-swatch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I've been so busy lately that I haven't even been painting my nails. :eek: But today I thought "Enough! My nails have been naked too long." and, ironically, painted my nails with a nude polish. I'm wearing NYC's Carrie'd Away with some rhinestones to make it a bit less boring.

221085.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Just got these from beautyemporium.ie. €19 for the 4 with free shipping

China Glaze
    Mahogany Magic (nails and noms)
    Trendsetter (nails and noms)
    Fast Track (nails and noms)
    Optical Illusion (scrangie)

beautyemporium%2520haul.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My nails are currently painted with Models Own, Disco Mix. Love the nail varnish, hate taking it off. I just booked myself in for a file and polish on Thursday though, so the removal will be someone else's problem this time. :pac:

I'm a bad person.

Bought Essence's enchanted fairy recently in Clerys 65c!
    Love it, its a lovely pink.

I was looking for the Barry M Grey polish in Boots and couldn't see it there. will have to try a bigger boots.

Loving this right now, I'm cack with any sort of nail art!

nails-inc-the-strand-magnetic-effect-400x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

I got a new glitter topper in the post there recently so I threw it over my manicure and voila :D 2 coats of china Glaze exotic encounters and 1 coat of Cool Waves Lacquer Crocodile-hop

China+glaze+Exotic+Encounters+and+Cool+Waves+Laquer+Crocodile-hop.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OPI Nein! Nein! Nein! OK Fine!

It's a cream polish, quite dark, with black-green-grey tones.

8003754756_781b29b9b7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Beautyemporium.ie have free shipping! Bye bye money :pac:

So far I've bought:

China Glaze - Champagne Bubbles
    china-glaze-let-it-snow-holiday-2011-champagne-bubbles.jpg

China Glaze - Holly Day (I love this one the most, it's such a gorgeous Winter colour)
    china-glaze-let-it-snow-holiday-2011-holly-day.jpg

China Glaze - Mahogany Magic
    mahoganymagic.jpg

all for 11 euro! I've never tried China Glaze polishes so I'm ridiculously excited.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

phasers wrote: »

Is it automatic free shipping or is there a code? They have some very nice things I do not need :D

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    Is it automatic free shipping or is there a code? They have some very nice things I do not need :D
    Automatic! I spotted a post on the promos thread and was straight over bargain hunting :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Automatic! I spotted a post on the promos thread and was straight over bargain hunting :pac:

Deadly, thanks!

Edit: Picked up China Glaze No Plain Jane

China-Glaze-No-Plain-Jane1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

So far I've bought:

China Glaze - Champagne Bubbles
    China Glaze - Holly Day (I love this one the most, it's such a gorgeous Winter colour)
    China Glaze - Mahogany Magic

all for 11 euro! I've never tried China Glaze polishes so I'm ridiculously excited.

That's where I got my four this week .. got Mahogany Magic too :) Stephanie at BeautyEmporium is such a dote !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

First time using gems. Very cheap €2.50 nail art confetti wheel from New Look and Sally Hnasen Uptempo plum from Dealz €1.49

photolv.png

Not sure if I'm allowed post with no pic but just wanted to let you nail addicts know that the TK Maxx in Stephen's Green had a great selection of Essie, OPI, Models Own, Nails Inc and W7 when I was in yesterday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Shmeh

Essence's new "Gel like" clear nail varnish is fantastic for putting over a coloured nail varnish to prevent chipping! :) and it's less than €3 happy days :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Ginormous Essence stand in Penneys on Mary St (Dublin). So much stuff there I've only seen on Essence stands abroad before!

438B47FC-DC72-4C3B-96F6-B8AFC52A9A47-575-00000045C615E7CB_zps86a764d7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Ginormous Essence stand in Penneys on Mary St (Dublin). So much stuff there I've only seen on Essence stands abroad before!

The stand in Penney's in Galway is as big -maybe they're rolling out these stands to all stores?

Please let Blanchardstown be next!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

WAAAAAAANT

• Advertisement

:eek: :eek: :eek:

There's so...much...stuff...Are the first two rows entirely full of nail stuff!? :D

Does anyone know if they still have the special effects toppers by any chance?

Advertisement