Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

hdowney wrote: »
    I am wearing that (as per above pic). Only thing is I am finding it is chipping REALLY easily. Lemme know how you get on wi it will ya?

Will do - I applied two coats over a base coat, but I forgot to add top coat, which I will do later tonight. This technique usually gets me about 5-7 days from a polish.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

dudara wrote: »
    Will do - I applied two coats over a base coat, but I forgot to add top coat, which I will do later tonight. This technique usually gets me about 5-7 days from a polish.

I have base coat, two coats and top coat :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

ladypip wrote: »

How cool! Can see myself sitting at home later trying to slice some ultra-thin fimo and do a fruit jelly sandwich :)

@LizT The Angelica Hip Hop polish Dancingqueen mentioned is good & jellyish & only €2.75 in Penneys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

How cool! Can see myself sitting at home later trying to slice some ultra-thin fimo and do a fruit jelly sandwich :)

@LizT The Angelica Hip Hop polish Dancingqueen mentioned is good & jellyish & only €2.75 in Penneys

It's fun to do - if you can find a blinking jelly polish - I saw Hip Hop here so went to get it to try the Sandwich and loved the glitter to much to cover it back up :D

I believe OPI Bubblebath is a jelly - or anything sheer like it, but not pearly. Essie, Nfu OH all have some and I believe that Zoya are bring out some new Jelly polishes soon.

Nails Inc did the Juicy Sheers too but they didn't do so well with them :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Seren_ wrote: »
    I saw a few bottles of it in Clerys on Sunday! Going into town now so if it's still there I'll pick up a bottle for you :)

Seren that would make my life , thank you!!! :D

• Advertisement

LizT wrote: »
    I love jelly sandwiches! But I'm finding it really hard to find nail polishes with a jelly finish.

Essence have great polishes for it. I use all essence polishes for my one anyway :)http://cuti-clue-les.blogspot.ie/2012/04/polish-days-jelly-sandwich.html

musical.x wrote: »
    Essence have great polishes for it. I use all essence polishes for my one anyway :)http://cuti-clue-les.blogspot.ie/2012/04/polish-days-jelly-sandwich.html[/QUOTE]

Ohhh I think I have cotton candy... I'll try that one out - loving your glitter combo in this blog BTW :D

Essence have great polishes for it. I use all essence polishes for my one anyway :)http://cuti-clue-les.blogspot.ie/2012/04/polish-days-jelly-sandwich.html[/QUOTE]

Ohhh I think I have cotton candy... I'll try that one out - loving your glitter combo in this blog BTW :D

Thank you :D I only started getting into glitter and now everything has to be sparkly or I get bored haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Seren_ wrote: »
    I had on Essence Dopey there the last day. 3 coats but it's a really gorgeous polish.

<pic>

Has anyone seen Essence you belong to me in the shops? I really want to get it before it's gone completely :(
    I saw a few bottles of it in Clerys on Sunday! Going into town now so if it's still there I'll pick up a bottle for you :)

If you manage to find blue addicted could you pick me up a bottle too? I'd really appreciate it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

If you manage to find blue addicted could you pick me up a bottle too? I'd really appreciate it!
    I couldn't see any bottles of Blue Addicted on my travels, but I'll look around Maynooth for you tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I'm not sure about the jelly polishes. I'd be panickin over them the whole time (cos I'm sad like that!) cos they'd never look set!

I'm not sure about the jelly polishes. I'd be panickin over them the whole time (cos I'm sad like that!) cos they'd never look set!

The essence ones dry so quickly you won't have to worry about them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

For jelly sandwiches I've used the OPI Ballet ones before with pleasant results! Essie Marshmallow is also a common one.

For jelly sandwiches I've used the OPI Ballet ones before with pleasant results! Essie Marshmallow is also a common one.

I have Marshmallow on the way and searching for My Pointe Exactly. OPI is priced ridiculously here :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I have Marshmallow on the way and searching for My Pointe Exactly. OPI is priced ridiculously here :(
    I agree. I saw the Ballet Collection in a chemist and each (normal sized) bottles were E17.50, absolute rip off.

I think OPI is something like €12 in my local chemist. €17 is pulling the proverbial p*s

they're 13.49 in Sallys and same in Clerys (at McCabes)

I am doing some US swaps now at the mo - so lots of COOL polishes coming my way
    Brands I recommend looking up are Sation (on www.trandesign.com and www.cherryculture.com) Icing, Spoiled, Sinful Colors, Milani.

I am addicted. Seriously.

they're 13.49 in Sallys and same in Clerys (at McCabes)

I am doing some US swaps now at the mo - so lots of COOL polishes coming my way
    Brands I recommend looking up are Sation (on www.trandesign.com and www.cherryculture.com) Icing, Spoiled, Sinful Colors, Milani.

I am addicted. Seriously.

Spoiled and Sinful Colors have some great polishes for their price ($2! and they are sometimes on sale). Milani is also nice but I kind of think they are highly priced for a drugstore brand.
    OPI is $6.80 on Trans Design.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Toast4532 wrote: »
    I agree. I saw the Ballet Collection in a chemist and each (normal sized) bottles were E17.50, absolute rip off.

I don't know why people pay these prices. Ebay is selling OPIs for $6 plus $4.50 shipping which is currently about e8.50. Seller is beautyzone2007. I buy all my high end stuff from ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Speaking of Ebay, decided to get this OPI Germany collection polish called Every Day is Oktoberfest. Reminds me of Max Factor Fantasy Fire. Think it will be a nice colour for autumn winter.

Pic from google images

Every%2BMonth%2Bis%2BOktoberfest_9.jpg

• Advertisement

I bought some of the Snow Whites today - will post up what shortly. I didn't get any of the 3 topper polishes and I am short 3 dwarves. Hope to get them soon

Pythia wrote: »
    Speaking of Ebay, decided to get this OPI Germany collection polish called Every Day is Oktoberfest.

I'm in love with several shades from that collection. I definitely think I'll be indulging.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I am short 3 dwarves.
    :D:D:D

Sorry I'll grow up now.

I'm giving my nails a break from polishing and it's SO difficult! I am itching to cover my nails in glitter again!

Excuse me while I repaint my toenails for the fifth time this week...

atm I've got on Essence Nude it! (which I love! It's such a perfect shade of nude)

essence-nude-it2-copy.jpg

I think I'm going to cover them in OPI Rainbow Connection later though, I miss the sparkles.

phasers wrote: »
    :D:D:D

Sorry I'll grow up now.

I'm giving my nails a break from polishing and it's SO difficult! I am itching to cover my nails in glitter again!

atm I've got on Essence Nude it! (which I love! It's such a perfect shade of nude)
    Love this polish! It's one of my favourites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I keep finding half price Essence everywhere.... It's so hard to resist at less than a euro a bottle, so I didn't :p Bought five today :D

OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest is gorgeous!! I am *this* close to buying a back up bottle in case I lose/break/run out of my current one.

Currently I have on Deutsch You Want Me Baby and I love it more than I thought I would. Definitely much more vibrant and glowy than in the bottle.
    deutscheyouwantmebabyflash.jpg

I sorted thru all my polishes yesterday (well the ones I could find, I know some have gone walkies somewhere :() and I don't have anywhere to store them. The Winnie the Pooh tin I use is full to the brim, as is a Bassets Allsorts tin I robbed off the mammy :( I need more space cos there is NOWAY I am NOT buying more polishes!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

I'm wearing OPI's Pedal Faster Suzi! It's very sheer, I had to put on four or five coats (I lost count) and it's still not completely opaque. I love it though, it's so delicate!

I also realised how messy my nails are after I took the pictures. It's because the polish is so sheer, I swear. :o

219029.JPG

219030.JPG

If you want, tweet your pics today on Twitter using the #FridayPolish hashtag

A new Nails Inc polish - Old Park Lane. it's a lovely dusky metallic pink.

7899330804_b6eaee4ace.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

So... Delicate is all good but I got bored of it very quickly and decided to spice things up with Wet 'n Wild Night Prowl. :cool:

219047.JPG

219048.JPG

Advertisement