Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I pass it on the way home - I can either get you one or let you know it's there ?! It's on Dorset St near Drumcondra basically. No effort required in calling in (I'll probably end up buying more anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I pass it on the way home - I can either get you one or let you know it's there ?! It's on Dorset St near Drumcondra basically. No effort required in calling in (I'll probably end up buying more anyway!)

Ah you're very good, if you're in just let me know if they're there! thanks a million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Love this thread! I've just read back over 30 pages! :-)

I'll post up some of my own pics soon but for now a quick q. Can anyone recommend a nice glittery black colour and also a silver glitter top coat but not one with big bits of glitter, only the small stuff! cheap enough would be great. I'm planning on having a look on ASOS and checking out my nearest essence stand as soon as I can if that helps!

• If your Essence stand has the old colour & go bottles, check Galactic Black for 1.29, it's black with tiny silver glitter in it (similar to Orly Goth or China Glaze Haunting but not as sparkly).
    • Essence have lots of Nail Art toppers and there's one called Hello Holo for 2.29 that's a dupe for Nails Inc Electric Lane topcoat.
    • If the old bottles are gone, try Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Midnight in NY which is a black with lots of tiny multicoloured microglitter, they're around 7 euro I think but they're brilliant quality.
    • Rimmel do a glitter topcoat called Disco Ball, it's around 3.95.
    • If the old Essence bottles are gone and they've got the new ones in, check for Space Queen, multicoloured small glitter in clear base, 1.79.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

nails-1024x532.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

People who have gotten Sally Hansens in Dealz - which Dealz? I went out to Santry to get some and they had zero Sally Hansens.
    I've also noticed the Euro shop not doing nail polish anymore.
    Sucks!

I got Sally Hansens in Dealz Santry last week, they always get them back so keep trying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

If anyone is looking for the old style essence my local pharmacy has loads - their stand hasn't updated in at least a year and it's pretty much full.

I doubt they'll even get the new polishes!

Let me know ..

Orlee wrote: »
    If anyone is looking for the old style essence my local pharmacy has loads - their stand hasn't updated in at least a year and it's pretty much full.

I doubt they'll even get the new polishes!

Let me know ..

Do they have irreplaceable? Im dying that i never got it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

ladypip wrote: »
    Ooh I'd also love to know this! It looks to be a dupe of a China Glaze polish too, and it's sooooo pwetty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

ladypip wrote: »
    Seren_ wrote: »
    Ooh I'd also love to know this! It looks to be a dupe of a China Glaze polish too, and it's sooooo pwetty!

I'll check after work today and let you know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Essence walk on the wildside with gold foil

green_and_gold.jpg

Slightly paranoid that my nails look

a) like souvenirs from a slightly upmarket Carrolls tourist tat shop
    b) like I've dipped them in purple snack bar foil wrappers

but happy anyways :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Angel8ie

Essence have a sparkly black called 'Galactic Black' but it's been discontinued. There's still loads of the discontinued colours out there on Essence stands but might be worth doing a legger to one quickly

I got a bottle in clearys for €0.68 last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Oh my god! The Essence stand in the Galway Penneys is amazing! Wish I could've bought it all

I got the Disco Disco special effects topper
    IMG_7600.JPG

Doc, the only one I was missing :D
    essence-snowwhite-le_doc.jpg?w=500&h=315

And these stencils
    ess_fu_70222.jpg

Not my photos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

tomissex wrote: »

Doc, the only one I was missing :D

Not my photos :)

What's the snow white stand like? I need to pick up a few more but I don't want to travel in if it's a disaster :D

musical.x wrote: »
    What's the snow white stand like? I need to pick up a few more but I don't want to travel in if it's a disaster :D

Pretty full and tidy when I was in! That was about 12 o clock today

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Are those special effect toppers available anywhere in Dublin City Centre? They're so cool but I only ever see people from Galway posting them!

I FINALLY got the Snow White toppers yesterday! :D

I'm wearing Evil Queen today over Sally Hansen Delphinium (not my image)

Essence_Snow_White_TE_Evil_Queen_topper_nail_polish_parokeets.jpg

I love it but it took a bit of getting used to, I'm not used to such huge glitter flakes

phasers wrote: »
    Are those special effect toppers available anywhere in Dublin City Centre? They're so cool but I only ever see people from Galway posting them!

Haven't seen them anywhere! The Galway stand is like twice the size of a normal one so there's a lot more space. One side is practically all nail stuff! Hope somewhere in Dublin gets them, didn't have a lot of time to peruse :)

I want to visit Galway just to get the circus confetti topper!! and the stamping plates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

What Galway store has the big Essence stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Also had to have a go at that cloud effect..!

0043.jpg

Originally posted by Toast4532
    What Galway store has the big Essence stand?
    Penneys in the shopping centre in Eyre Square/Shop Street. I may have visited Galway earlier this summer purely to see the Essence stand :o (my brother was going down for something college-related so I tagged along).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

phasers wrote: »

The Doc Morris Pharmacy on the Tonlegee road in Coolock has them.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Right, that's it, shopping trip tomorrow methinks! I NEED that confetti topper, I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Circus Confetti topper when it was released but I couldn't find it anywhere, I'll be damned if I miss out on this one as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

Right, that's it, shopping trip tomorrow methinks! I NEED that confetti topper, I'm still kicking myself for not getting the Circus Confetti topper when it was released but I couldn't find it anywhere, I'll be damned if I miss out on this one as well!

They always have them in stock. Gorgeous topper. Hello holo is a winner too :)
    Oh and prince charming :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

I was in Gran Canaria last week and amid all the shops selling tourist tat I stumbled on a tiny make up shop selling Catrice polishes for €2.49. I would happily have brought the whole stand home but my bag was already over Ryanair's measly allowence on the way over so I had to limit myself to...

Birdy Reloaded

6800412656_677340a294_b.jpg

Karl Says Tres Chic

00.jpg

Meet Me At Coral Island

CatriceMeetYouinCoral03.jpg

The Doc Morris Pharmacy on the Tonlegee road in Coolock has them.

Really? I was only there about two weeks ago and they definatly didn't have them then.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

They have a HOLO nail polish out now too???? SOLD! :D
    musical.x wrote: »
    They always have them in stock. Gorgeous topper. Hello holo is a winner too :)
    Oh and prince charming :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

If anyone is in Ardara or Dungloe in Donegal the pharmacies there have quote full Snow White collections on their essence stands!

Also, have essence gotten rid of blue addicted in their new collection?! I'm going to need to stock up if that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I just wrote a tweet on Twitter with the hashtag #FridayPolish

The idea is for people to post pics on a Friday of their nail polish. Maybe get the weekend off to a cheerful start.

Anyway, here's todays polish - OPI Your Royal Shini-ness. It's a lovely silver foil polish with slight golden tones.
    7850662632_1f115ab19b.jpg

If anyone is in Ardara or Dungloe in Donegal the pharmacies there have quote full Snow White collections on their essence stands!

Also, have essence gotten rid of blue addicted in their new collection?! I'm going to need to stock up if that's the case!
    Yep they have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Seren_ wrote: »

Yep they have!

What!!!?? I love blue addicted :(

Advertisement