Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

0mega wrote: »
    Is that work you have to have done, or you're choosing to do? :eek:

Only choosing to do the Biology but probably will not get all of it done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

David1994 wrote: »
    This is all the work I need to have done by the end of weekend:
    • Irish essay
    • English essay
    • Spanish essay
    • Study Migration and human influence on rivers
    • Study Redox titrations,Acid base titrations and organic chem
    • Photosynthesis,respiration and genetics for Biology

Good God.....At least I have some done so far :/
    Redox titrations are horrible, no matter how many times I study them they still make no sense :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

• Irish essay
    • English essay
    • Spanish essay

Redox titrations are horrible, no matter how many times I study them they still make no sense :-(
    Wheats redox titration? :) weve just finish volumetric analysis

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    Wheats redox titration? :) weve just finish volumetric analysis

Oxidation Reduction, they're very like Volumetric analysis only with a whole new layer of complication!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Aren't the redox ****e just like the balanced equations - which is being oxidised/reduced .. and stuff? *in need of Chem revision* . . worst part of chemistry so far were the titration experiments.. THEY NEVER ENDED. did around 50 of them, i'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Q1: Write balanced equations for the reaction of ethane, ethene and ethyne with oxygen.
    Q2: Use E.N Values to describe the polarity of two named functional groups:
    Q3: Draw tetra chloro –Methane.
    Q4: What is a boiling point?
    Q5: Compare the boiling points of a named alkane and aldehyde.
    Q6: Why is the solubility of alcohols and aldehydes similar when placed in water?
    Q7: Why is decanol not as soluble as propanol in water.
    Q8:Explain the difference between a secondary alcohol and a tertiary alcohol. Name one of each?
    Q9: Why is ethene one of the most important chemical molecules we know?
    Q10: What is a homologous series?

Chemistry homework for this weekend. Fun stuff. Teacher put it on dropbox for me because I missed class on Friday

We JUST finished that chapter like Thursday. Boring stuff tbh. I find the next chapter in the book even more complicating though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

• Irish essay
    • English essay
    • Spanish essay

The three biggest parts of the biology course in one weekend?! I wish you luck! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Glee_GG wrote: »
    The three biggest parts of the biology course in one weekend?! I wish you luck! :P

He's lucky it isn't Genetics/Reproduction/Ecology... Now those are the biggest chapters in the book :L

Just'a'creeping

feel like i wasted my weekend, did pretty much nothing (with regards to homework/study) and I'm going to the All Ireland tomorrow in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

ray2012 wrote: »
    feel like i wasted my weekend, did pretty much nothing (with regards to homework/study) and I'm going to the All Ireland tomorrow in Dublin!

There's still plenty of time to get a decent amount of work done tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

'mon Galway.

going to a party, feck studying for the night!

Pah, study on a Saturday night, doesn't seem right ! I've no school Monday anyways because there is a fair in my town that day and we get the day off every year. :D Yeaah i'm supporting Galway for this game, obviously when they're against Kilkenny! I'm a Roscommon man myself though !

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I had such an unproductive day of study today. I did nothing other than practice my French debating speech, and I went to a French class in the alliance...as for actual homework and study, looks like its all left until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Got a good few hours in today although my hour long lunch break turned into two. In that time i convinced myself watching two episodes of 'how i met your mother' that I'd already seen was a far better option than going back to my desk. :)
    Hopefully tomorrow's study plans don't disintegrate like last weeks.

I actually really like watching X Factor now! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

I actually really like watching X Factor now! :P

Judges' houses is my favorite part i like seeing all the massive houses, the view from the balcony in st.lucia really makes me want to go there. I have no idea where abouts in the world it is though and I'm too lazy to Google it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Judges' houses is my favorite part i like seeing all the massive houses, the view from the balcony in st.lucia really makes me want to go there. I have not idea where abouts in the world it is though and I'm too lazy to Google it :p

Somewhere in the Caribbean I think. ;)

Judges' houses is my favorite part i like seeing all the massive houses, the view from the balcony in st.lucia really makes me want to go there. I have no idea where abouts in the world it is though and I'm too lazy to Google it :p

Yeah that was nice looking..I would of hated to be the over's.They didn't go anywhere exotic! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Had a productive day today and still managed to lie in till two! Won't get much done tomorrow 'cause the match, really hoping for a Galway win. I'm half Mayo and half Galway so if Galway lose it'll be awful considering last week. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GoldenPoppy

Anyone got any suggestions on how to study for the HPAT? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone else getting October exams this week???

Anyone got any suggestions on how to study for the HPAT? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

I hate to say it but the only way really is to sign up for one of the preparation courses, like I went to my career guidance teacher cause at one point I wanted to do it (not anymore) and she said the only way is to do the ******** course, it's quite expensive but if you find someone else to do it with you and apply as a group it's almost half price.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 GoldenPoppy

I hate to say it but the only way really is to sign up for one of the preparation courses, like I went to my career guidance teacher cause at one point I wanted to do it (not anymore) and she said the only way is to do the ******** course, it's quite expensive but if you find someone else to do it with you and apply as a group it's almost half price.

Thanks for the reply, I will sign up for some preparation course, I just hope that is enough because I haven't started studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Have superstition about 13. Doing leaving cert in 2013 :(

Thanks for the reply, I will sign up for some preparation course, I just hope that is enough because I haven't started studying.
    Apart from that you can't really study, you'll be in the same boat as everyone else.

All Ireland was amazing today. Losing wasn't the way I pictured the day but it was still epic nevertheless ! Was in Hill 16 and the crowd were class haha, the 2 goals in the first half - Whole Hill 16 going MENTAL. Ah loved it. :)

Had my first Macbeth test the other day. Got 45/60 which isn't too bad for having only started it like two weeks previous :) I didn't get my answer finished but I really do like it so much more than monotonous Hamlet :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Had my first Macbeth test the other day. Got 45/60 which isn't too bad for having only started it like two weeks previous :) I didn't get my answer finished but I really do like it so much more than monotonous Hamlet :P

Noooo! Hamlet was fantastic! I like Macbeth, but it's not the same :( :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement