Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I have been so incredibly lazy today :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Only did my Geog Homework tonight, just so tired :( Gonna do loads of study tomorrow to make up for it. :rolleyes:

Bought a new pair of runners today :P I got them in penneys lol..They are size 11 but seem a bit small to be 11's :L Its cool to have a pair of size 11's that fit though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

TheStook wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain that "Free Refills" was a deal Subway had for like the first year, then everyone just grew accustomed to it and just do it when they want.
    That and the staff dont really care

Nah, Free Refills are actually something that was borrowed from Subway's American roots. Every fast food place I encountered in the US does refills, apparently - even most cafés like Starbucks let you refill cups at a small fee rather than charging you for a full one again.
    Apparently the drinks cost a fast food place like 10c a cup and they can make mad profits on it while keeping the costs of food low, but because people in Ireland don't expect it, nowhere really offers it.

I'm big into Applied Maths. I'm not finding it easy but that's why I'm loving it right now. Actually challenging work seems to be far easier to motivate me to do - moreso than motivating me to parrot learned notes on Mo Ghrá-sa (idir lubíni) which is damn near impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

here lads who has seriously knuckled down yet? I feel like we havent done anything yet as school feels so laid back at the moment so I only look over things for an hour or so every other day but I have a major guilty feeling hanging over me constantly over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

^kind of like myself... but I don't have the guilt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Come after the October mid-term you will feel that you need to start knuckling down and face reality. Just my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

good way to learn a bit of french :D

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Have an Irish debate to do -__- Despise them :|

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    What are ye all doing for your comparatives? We're doing the film "I'm Not Scared" which is brilliant so far (half way through), "Circle of Friends" which I haven't read yet but don't like the look of, and "How Many Miles To Babylon?" which I really like.

I think we're doing that same film, haven't watched it yet though. For the books we did My Sister's Keeper and Circle of Friends. I actually thought the Circle of Friends was grand once you get into it after the first few chapters. Don't watch the film though, it'll confuse you to bits!

• Advertisement

Doing a Spanish essay on drugs...My mind has gone blank in regards what to write about :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

David1994 wrote: »
    Doing a Spanish essay on drugs...My mind has gone blank in regards what to write about :P
    Shouldn't have taken those Spanish drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

ray2012 wrote: »
    Have an Irish debate to do -__- Despise them :|
    Love Irish debating :) especially as I'm doing the Gael Linn competition this year, anyone else doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

My room is now empty apart from the bed, wardrobe, dressing table, locker and a ton if empty shelves. It looks so miserable.

Now to buy some paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

So many tests! Parent-teacher meeting Wednesday so teachers are piling it on. :(

I have a Bio test on Tuesday which I'm not so worried about, but I've got a Maths test coming up and I know the teacher is skeptical about me doing Higher, so the pressure's on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Tried to study today... Super Sunday wouldn't let me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

I had five tests last week and I have one (so far) next week. Typical. :rolleyes:
    I just looked up the day the LC starts and it's the 5th of June, only 254 days to go!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

correction. 255 days, sorry had to be said

D3luka wrote: »

No 254 days, the last day doesn't count because you spend it sh1tting your pants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

D3luka wrote: »

I guess it depends if you're counting today or not, I blame the timer I googled:D Still every little (day) helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

oh yeah i geuss your right you wouldnt count the last day :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Really need to start and break the back of an English essay on Shakespearean Sonnnets tonight. :(

Shakespeare was one tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

With 250 to go I'll start working.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭F9Devil

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    No 254 days, the last day doesn't count because you spend it sh1tting your pants.

Depending on the person I think we can safely say from the day before to a few weeks before :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Woke up so sick last night, I feel ok now but still taking the day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

So I have to write an Irish essay, about the recession *surprise surprise* but I have seem to gone blank at this sentence - how would you say "who should we blame?" .. Is it "cé ba cheart dúinn on milleán a chur?" I think I have it completely wrong, I am usually good at Irish but can't figure how to say what I want to say! Any help? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

So I have to write an Irish essay, about the recession *surprise surprise* but I have seem to gone blank at this sentence - how would you say "who should we blame?" .. Is it "cé ba cheart dúinn on milleán a chur?" I think I have it completely wrong, I am usually good at Irish but can't figure how to say what I want to say! Any help? :)

'Cé ba chóir dúinn an milleán a chur ar?' perhaps? Not 100% sure though, try asking in Teach na nGealt people over there are very helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Starting to have my doubts over the how realistic these sraiths are lads...I mean, I had my doubts back in Sraith 6 when those two lads managed to snag a job in a hotel in Dublin as if it was the easiest thing in the world but really, who calls a band 'The Crazy Crew'? It all seems very wrong to me, I personally think we should all be concerned. Very concerned indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Sounds fine to me! :) But as another poster said, Teach na nGealt are so helpful. Just don't do what I did in my oral and try to say "who is to blame" and let it come out as "cé ar an locht". :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement