Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Slow Show wrote: »
    Starting to have my doubts over the how realistic these sraiths are lads...I mean, I had my doubts back in Sraith 6 when those two lads managed to snag a job in a hotel in Dublin as if it was the easiest thing in the world but really, who calls a band 'The Crazy Crew'? It all seems very wrong to me, I personally think we should all be concerned. Very concerned indeed.

I might also add that in Fadhbanna Ar Saoire, Seán is totally creeping on Máire HIS SISTER while thinking sásta! Weirdo.
    2yw7d3c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

My class gets endless amounts of amusements out of the inaccuracies in the sraith pictuiri, Sean creeping on his sister was a highlight :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Sounds fine to me! :) But as another poster said, Teach na nGealt are so helpful. Just don't do what I did in my oral and try to say "who is to blame" and let it come out as "cé ar an locht". :P
    0mega wrote: »
    'Cé ba chóir dúinn an milleán a chur ar?' perhaps? Not 100% sure though, try asking in Teach na nGealt people over there are very helpful. :)

Thank you! I never knew about Teach ma nGealt before, I'll certainly be using them soon! :-) I hate it when you can't remember how to say something and no matter how long you look at it, you keep thinking "nah, that can't be right!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I might also add that in Fadhbanna Ar Saoire, Seán is totally creeping on Máire HIS SISTER while thinking sásta! Weirdo.

If you think that's bad, look what was on the straith pictures last year. :eek:

Edit: Directly in the centre of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Alright lads does anyone have a definition for "Homologous series" in Chemistry?
    Shounndd! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

David1994 wrote: »
    Alright lads does anyone have a definition for "Homologous series" in Chemistry?

A family of organic compounds that have similar chemical properties, preparation methods, same general formula and differ by CH2. :)

0mega wrote: »
    A family of organic compounds that have similar chemical properties, preparation methods, same general formula and differ by CH2. :)

Thanks man :) Forgot my book..Smart :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

Answer based on the marking scheme (from the exam edge book)

A homologous series is a series of compounds defined as the following:
    - A series of compounds of uniform chemical type.
    - Showing gradations in physical properties.
    - Having a general formula for its members.
    - Each member has a similar method of preparation.
    - Each member differs from the previous member by a (CH2) unit.

(Any one of these points - 5 marks) it was a 5 mark question in 2006

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

you only needed *1* of them for the 5 marks? Effort of learning all the points if all I need is 1 o.O

*tumbleweed*

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUFgacK8sZ0

This song always reminds me of Spain...*Sigh* :/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

That song is amazing. Listen to it like every day for the past 2 months cause I always heard it when I was in Madrid! Was in Madrid for the final of the Euro 2012 when Spain won :') Best night of my life!

Different point, what are you guys planning to do after school ? I'd love to do something with languages, maybe teaching, but i'm not sure.

ray2012 wrote: »
    That song is amazing. Listen to it like every day for the past 2 months cause I always heard it when I was in Madrid! Was in Madrid for the final of the Euro 2012 when Spain won :') Best night of my life!

Different point, what are you guys planning to do after school ? I'd love to do something with languages, maybe teaching, but i'm not sure.

I know its sooo good :D Was in Spain last year on an exchange and was the best week ever!

Oh and planning on doing primary teaching or maybe something in Science :)

Been listening to this all night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHqMkde7dU

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

In thinking either biomedical science in cork or general science in trinity going into maybe molecular medicine? Not totally sure just yet. Plenty of time left to decide though thankfully!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Teaching for me :) Not going to change my mind at this stage I don't think :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EvM

Hellooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Latest in the Sraith Pictiúr saga, a boy gets caught texting in class and ends up having his mother called in for a meeting with the principal. Good grief, do these people even try? If this is the kind of material they're stuck with in just the second year of churning out twenty top-quality series', I can't even imagine what it'll be like in ten year's time. Tubaiste Sa Seomra Suí: Boy sees chair. Boy decides to sit down. Boy walks over to chair. Boy sits down too soon, ends up on floor. Boy gets up and sits down again. Boy succeeds. Boy has learned an important lesson. *insert seanfhocal here*

Ah, hopefully the SEC see this and I shall fulfil my lifelong dream of becoming the brain behind the sraiths...

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Got tickets to Mumford & Sons in the 02 <3

What leaving cert?!

My god only finished normal homework due for tomorrow now, must now start studying for a Chemistry test in the morning, and would dearly love to get some Irish and Applied Maths work out of the way! There are literally not enough hours in the day!

• Advertisement

My god only finished normal homework due for tomorrow now, must now start studying for a Chemistry test in the morning, and would dearly love to get some Irish and Applied Maths work out of the way! There are literally not enough hours in the day!

I know how ya feel..Got a load of chemistry homework to do today :/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Classof2013

GIANT German test on Friday..I hate when they give you such little notice on such a big exam :/

GIANT German test on Friday..I hate when they give you such little notice on such a big exam :/

That has to be the worst feeling in the world. You just feel like...Why!?? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Has anyone else not even opened the prospectuses and stuff thet got at higher options last week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Has anyone else not even opened the prospectuses and stuff thet got at higher options last week?

Procrastinating with absolutely everything? That's the LC spirit :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

I left my prospectuses on a bench, and returned home with only a Sligo IT one to my name :)

They're all the same as last years, which I read. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Procrastinating with absolutely everything? That's the LC spirit :D

That's how I roll tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Classof2013

That has to be the worst feeling in the world. You just feel like...Why!?? :/

Exactly! so depressing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Every other year, if I got a new book I could start reading it straight away. This year however, JK Rowling's first book since Harry Potter comes out and even though I got it as soon as it came out and it is sitting on my desk this very moment, I can't start reading it until tonight which is KILLING me all because I have a physics test tomorrow, and too much homework. That's my rant for the day. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement