Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

To drop German or not to drop German... Current LC/Life dilemma :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Easy to get a C or B in. Impossible to get an A in.

It's the easiest language in terms of structure and verbs. Most sound english.

IMO Just try hard at it. Do not drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Does anyone else go on a retreat in lc"

Random old post, but it's the page my browser opened on. We went on retreats, Áine. Everyone in the year. We'd a choice of 5 retreats, 3 of which had limited numbers, and had to pick one.

There was an overnight yoga based one, a three day pilgrimage, two normal overnight ones and one day-only retreat. I did the yoga one and thought it was great. Food was entirely vegetarian for the two days though, which was an experience to say the least.

Double post, yay!
    deise_girl wrote: »
    New Concise Project Maths have a heap of wrong answers in the back of the book too..
    I suppose its the work of an ultra rushed book though
    We started using that book, but my teacher was only waiting until Texts & Tests had produced a book. We now use T&T4,5 and 6 and they have none of the same problems.
    Cruel Sun wrote: »
    It's people doing project Maths in two or three years time I feel most sorry for. It'll be marked fairly generously for us so project maths is a "big success"... :rolleyes: and students can't complain about how it's unorganized etc...

From 2015 on (when they have it all sorted out) it will be marked much harder. . .
    Na, it'll probably have been written off as a failure by then. I've a vague recollection of reading an article saying that Sweden had adopted it before us, and had already reverted to the old course before we even brought it in.
    Slow Show wrote: »
    Looking at the complex numbers (b)(ii) I feel like I should know what to do but at the same time I'm slightly stumped. I can name all the points (if I tried to explain I think I'd confuse everyone including myself, but it's fairly straightforward I think if you've done the rotations section) but how does one find the approximate value of k when no numbers are given? :confused:
    Furthest right is z1.
    z2 is then furthest left as multiplication by i causes a 90° anticlockwise rotation about the origin. (z1 and z2 can be seen if you join them both to the origin)
    z4 has to be the highest, as it involves the adding of the second highest(z2) and another positive complex number.
    z3 is the remaining one.

The approximation is based solely upon appearance. z3 appears about half way out to z1. Therefore, k≈½

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jackobyte wrote: »
    ... overnight yoga ...
    Now that sounds interesting! :pac: :D

• Advertisement

Easy to get a C or B in. Impossible to get an A in.

It's the easiest language in terms of structure and verbs. Most sound english.

IMO Just try hard at it. Do not drop.

Mmm... Well im already not counting it, I have 7 other honours subjects including French.
    Plus my teacher is a spa. We've had like no class this year because she keeps leaving to take care of first year stuff because she's their year co-ordinater. It's a bit of a joke tbh.

Now that sounds interesting! :pac: :D

Jaysus Randy, you'd pick up on anything. :P

It was a two day yoga retreat, and it involved an overnight stay in the yoga centre.

/checks to see if there is anything ambigious in post for randy to latch onto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Adele has a new song out today :D It is the theme for the new James Bond movie, it sounds like a traditional James Bond theme, hopefully Skyfall will be a return to the great older James Bonds rather than that Quantum of Solace shíte!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Jaysus Randy, you'd pick up on anything. :P
    yo-dawg-thats-my-job.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

yo-dawg-thats-my-job.jpg

Dat Face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Adele has a new song out today :D It is the theme for the new James Bond movie, it sounds like a traditional James Bond theme, hopefully Skyfall will be a return to the great older James Bonds rather than that Quantum of Solace shíte!

Aye not a bad song but not top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Anyone know any good websites for Spanish? Think I just decided to go ahead with doing it, only in ordinary level though..
    9 subjects is gonna need some serious time organisation but :/

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

moriz wrote: »
    Anyone know any good websites for Spanish? Think I just decided to go ahead with doing it, only in ordinary level though..
    9 subjects is gonna need some serious time organisation but :/

http://learnspanish.com/ may be of help. You can get most of the course free. Think it's based on South American Spanish but not too much different, just some different pronounciations/spellings. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

English essay,
    Please go away.
    Regards,
    dec.

Ended up not doing any work yesterday and just readThe Perks Of Being A Wallflower straight through instead, best idea I've had in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Ended up not doing any work yesterday and just readThe Perks Of Being A Wallflower straight through instead, best idea I've had in a while!

Respect! I remember doing that during the summer. :') Cannot wait to see the film, it looks brilliant. :D

I did a Macbeth answer there and came out at 6 pages. I get a bit carried away but its a very good 6 pages :P

Slow Show wrote: »

Respect! I remember doing that during the summer. :') Cannot wait to see the film, it looks brilliant. :D

Have to admit, the film is half the reason I bought the book, I wanted to read it before I saw it because it does look really good! I might be biased because of my love for Emma Watson though :P

David1994 wrote: »
    I did a Macbeth answer there and came out at 6 pages. I get a bit carried away but its a very good 6 pages :P

jaysus, what was the question ? 6 pages on a Macbeth question.. Makes me dread the life of an English corrector for LC during the Summer months!:pac:

ray2012 wrote: »
    jaysus, what was the question ? 6 pages on a Macbeth question.. Makes me dread the life of an English corrector for LC during the Summer months!:pac:

The question was: Do you agree that we feel pity for Macbeth and Lady Macbeth?
    I felt there was a lot to talk about with two characters :P I do sometimes get carried away though :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Can anyone else feel that extra bit of pressure inching up every week ? Feel like I'm not getting enough done.

Also, Irish is ****e. Never liked it :o

Yeh, after my totally unproductive weekend I'm starting to feel the pressure a little. Feel like I shouldn't waste the time.

I just lay in bed this morning thinking "it's Sunday, I don't have maths done. It's Sunday, I don't have physics done. Etc" I got up so depressed then! I got the vast majority of stuff done except 4 pages of Irish grind work which is only accumulating every week :L yeah I really feel pressure is building, like I had this grand study plan prepared to get everything covered by the start of November (cause we've November tests rather than Christmas tests, which has its advantages!) But I never even get time to get working on it with all the homework they give us! Also does anyone else have ridiculously early pres (mocks) ours start on the 30th of January, like that's my Christmas all gone!

Why would you have Mocks that early?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,837 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Fairly annoyed at myself and how little Ive done for the past 2 weeks now. Bare minimum is even pushing how little I've done. Gonna need to think up some drastic plans coz Im just not arsed doing anything :/

And yea our mocks 30th January too.

decisions wrote: »
    Why would you have Mocks that early?
    Their argument is that Easter is very early so everything is pushed back, but we'll have none of our courses close to finished at that stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

Same time for our Mocks. I think it's a good thing cos' it gets ya working that small bit earlier. And yeah this weekend's been a complete write off (even more so than usual :cool: ) Anyone stressing yet? :pac: Was told there this week that the first month of the nine month year was gone and I got very worried :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Yea I think ours start the 28th of January or something ridiculous like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

I have three English question B's to do for tomorrow evening. It's not happening :(

• Advertisement

yeah, my mocks start the 30th January too. Spent around 6 hours on homework today, seriously. No study, just homework. Had 3(long) experiments to write up for chemistry and also 2 full Accounting Q's.. 2 full q's like come on, took me around 2 and a half/3 hours to do cause we hadn't done the a/c in ages and needed to go back over notes to know how to do it..
    I keep saying ''next weekend i'll start studying'', but I notice myself saying the same thing every weekend now and doing no study. NEXT WEEK!.....maybe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement