Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Anyone here do Accounting?

Mhmm, what's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Slow Show wrote: »
    Mhmm, what's up?

I'm not very good at it! :P

Can't balance my Cash Flow Statements. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

yeah. despise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

That higher options was some craic :P Could not keep a straight face at the "Vocations Ireland" stand...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I'm not very good at it! :P

Can't balance my Cash Flow Statements. :o

Ah don't sweat it, like most things in Accounting, it'll come with practise. :p If you can give me a particular problem/example of one you're having I'd be happy to help you out with it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Yep, best subject ever!! :D if you need any help just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Higher Options was terrible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Yep, best subject ever!! :D if you need any help just ask :)

Cheers! :)
    Slow Show wrote: »
    Ah don't sweat it, like most things in Accounting, it'll come with practise. :p If you can give me a particular problem/example of one you're having I'd be happy to help you out with it though.

Nah, nothing yet. I have to actually study them properly first and then I'll come back to you if I still have problems! :pac:

We moved onto Tabular Statements today... Seem grand so far, but we've only done OL questions so that is to be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

0mega wrote: »
    Higher Options was terrible..

Really? I thought it was grand.. I mean I just wanted a few things in fairly similar courses clarified but I know a lot of people in my year weren't happy with it. Most fcuked off to Dublin for the few hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

So I take it I'm the only one here who didn't go to higher options today? :pac:

• Advertisement

I thought it was ok but my main complaints are with my school. We missed the first 2 lectures in the main hall, one of which I really wanted to go to, and then missed the last I think. It was absolutely packed! Couldn't move at all and everyone was pushing :/ It did clear up after a while though. Wish we could have had longer there, I mean 2 hours to go to lectures, talk to people at stands and eat was not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was at higher options today.. was a waste of time. I woke up at 6 and was in school before 7, like our school asked, but we left late so missed the first few talks. I went to IADT and DIT stalls only, just to ask about film production courses and I'm really leaning towards IADT after today. We were there until 3pm though. Waste of time but it was fine I suppose. So hot in there though. Only got home at 7ish. Off to wales in the morning too for a rugby trip... Alarm set for 3:30am. (!@!@!@!@!@!@)

Funny thing happened too. While we were getting some food in subway (no idea which one or where it was but we just kept walking >>> that way until we found somewhere) and anyway we ate and as we were going to leave I went to get my drink refilled, which you can do all you want in the subways in Limerick.. but as I was doing it the guy from behind the counter came out and started saying something to me, all I heard was 'refill' and then some broken English in a different language, anyway he says this and I said "okay :D" and walked out.. my friend then walks up to me a second later when we're outside and asked what I was doing.. apparently the man came over and told me I had to pay for a refill and I just said "okay :D" and walked straight out. Do you have to pay for refills in subway in Dublin or something? Either way there's no way I was walking back into there to pay!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I was at higher options today.. was a waste of time. I woke up at 6 and was in school before 7, like our school asked, but we left late so missed the first few talks. I went to IADT and DIT stalls only, just to ask about film production courses and I'm really leaning towards IADT after today. We were there until 3pm though. Waste of time but it was fine I suppose. So hot in there though. Only got home at 7ish. Off to wales in the morning too for a rugby trip... Alarm set for 3:30am. (!@!@!@!@!@!@)

Funny thing happened too. While we were getting some food in subway (no idea which one or where it was but we just kept walking >>> that way until we found somewhere) and anyway we ate and as we were going to leave I went to get my drink refilled, which you can do all you want in the subways in Limerick.. but as I was doing it the guy from behind the counter came out and started saying something to me, all I heard was 'refill' and then some broken English in a different language, anyway he says this and I said "okay :D" and walked out.. my friend then walks up to me a second later when we're outside and asked what I was doing.. apparently the man came over and told me I had to pay for a refill and I just said "okay :D" and walked straight out. Do you have to pay for refills in subway in Dublin or something? Either way there's no way I was walking back into there to pay!

you get free refills in Limerick? jaysus need to get out there sometime! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Wow...the last two days study wise have been draining :/ I just have been so tired the last few days but I think I did good for having very little energy! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

ray2012 wrote: »

To be honest I've never actually asked, but I see people doing it all the time. The staff must either not care or be afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

So I take it I'm the only one here who didn't go to higher options today? :pac:
    No as a Corkonian our school is going to the Cork equivalent in the Rochestown Park hotel sometime in October ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Higher Options was a bit meh to be honest. I still haven't really got much of a clue about what I want to do but I think I'm starting to veer towards English in Maynooth or something of the like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

What are ye all doing for your comparatives? We're doing the film "I'm Not Scared" which is brilliant so far (half way through), "Circle of Friends" which I haven't read yet but don't like the look of, and "How Many Miles To Babylon?" which I really like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

ray2012 wrote: »

Same in Cork. Refills at subway being free was something I always thought was a universal constant. I've been refilling in Dublin anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

I'm pretty certain that "Free Refills" was a deal Subway had for like the first year, then everyone just grew accustomed to it and just do it when they want.
    That and the staff dont really care

• Advertisement

Oh I hate Friday evening, in no mood to do any work, even though I KNOW I have a huge amount to do over the weekend!

Oh I hate Friday evening, in no mood to do any work, even though I KNOW I have a huge amount to do over the weekend!

Story of my life :cool: And then the guilt kicks in as well which never helps...

Story of my life :cool: And then the guilt kicks in as well which never helps...

I'll DEFINITELY start at 7 (or so I always say ;) )

I'll DEFINITELY start at 7 (or so I always say ;) )

Slowly push it back a half hour at a time until it's time to sleep :p

*Sigh* Another wasted Friday. Maybe next week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Higher options was a bit of a laugh, the talks were terrible though, I went to the Working in Science and HPAT one and they both bored me so much to the point that we were falling asleep.

Felt fairly awkward with some schools being in full uniform and my school and a couple of others in plain clothes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

has anyone been watching french movies or anything , do you think it helps. I found a website that show disney movies in french all day but theres no subtitles, i have a few dvds aswell. Only thing i would say is my french accents improving abit.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Poufsouffle

007driver wrote: »
    has anyone been watching french movies or anything , do you think it helps. I found a website that show disney movies in french all day but theres no subtitles, i have a few dvds aswell. Only thing i would say is my french accents improving abit.

I watched half of ' Sleepless in Seattle' in French ( it was the only dvd i had in French :) ) with French subtitles on, they talk a bit too fast to catch about half
    of what they're saying
    bit I'd still say it does your pronunciation some good. Must go watch the other half.

007driver wrote: »
    I haven't yet but I really want to. Would you mind sending me the link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭007driver

http://www.odyovi.com/france/paris/free-online-french-tv/watch-live/disney-movies-french

you dont get to choose the movie, but all disney movies are great :D

• Advertisement

Success! I've had a burst of productivity and am ploughing through work, while belting out 212 and Zombie by the Cranberries :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement