Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

SleepAlone wrote: »
    I was at higher options today and I'm more confused if anything. :rolleyes:

Snap.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Basic and most important rule of CAO:

Rank your courses in the order in which you actually want to get them!!!

Not in the order of which you think might have highest points ...

Not in the order that your parents think is best (though obviously where you want to go to college etc. is something which you need to discuss thoroughly with them, especially as there are financial implications) ...

Not in the order that your friend down the road has on his / hers ...

What is the course YOU want to be offered next September? ... that goes down first.

If you don't get that one, what would your second choice be? ... that goes down next.

If you get that much straight in your head, you've made a good start on everything to do with the CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I was at it. I thought it was alright, but as someone already said I'm more confused than ever!

I went to the UCAS talk, that was it. The rest of the time was spent going around the different stands. I got loads of free stationary though so that's always good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

Did you guys already know what you wanted to do? Or you just got even more confused of what you might want to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

moriz wrote: »
    Did you guys already know what you wanted to do? Or you just got even more confused of what you might want to do?

I knew what I wanted to do...Music. But then today I was completely confused over where to do it! And whether I should apply through UCAS as well. Or whether I should do another subject with music. It's so hard to decide and before today, I knew fairly well what I was aiming for, now I don't know.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 SleepAlone

I want to do a course with very high points that is only in one college in Ireland. I just realised it's the only thing I want to do and have very littel interest in anything else...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I want to do a course with very high points that is only in one college in Ireland. I just realised it's the only thing I want to do and have very littel interest in anything else...
    What's the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

Is anyone here going to the higher options tomorrow? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Slow Show wrote: »
    Really? I'm really disappointed with it tbh, I think it starts off well and then come track 4 it all starts to sound the same to me. Perhaps it'll be a grower though...I thought the same of Brandon Flower's solo album back in the day (roughly this time two years ago, eeeek, time be crazy) but that ended up being a huge grower.

@Gunslinger92: Nah it's been the same since 2003 afaik!

Well after a couple of listens I really like it, some really great songs. It is a bit of a grower imo.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that they seem to be going down a more pop route. I loved there rock style. This is no Hot Fuzz, but imo that's one of the best albums of the last decade.

Battleborn still a very good album though, I love Flesh and Bone, Miss Atomic Bomb, and Battleborn in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

What's the course?
    Yeah I think you've made us all interested in what the course is also?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah I think you've made us all interested in what the course is also?

Agreed, spill the beans!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

Nanoscience at trinity ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Not really sure why but HO was a bit of a let down. Like it was exactly what I expected but maybe it was just, too cramped or something?
    Saying that tho it was enjoyable and im happy I went..

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭moriz

deise_girl wrote: »
    Not really sure why but HO was a bit of a let down. Like it was exactly what I expected but maybe it was just, too cramped or something?
    Saying that tho it was enjoyable and im happy I went..

Yeah I agree with ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

mulciber wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to the higher options tomorrow? =)

yup, i'm going tomorrow. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Who cares about the leaving cert when Mumford and Sons have a new album out this week?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I'm going tomorrow. Don't know if I'll benefit that much from it as we only have about 2 and a half hours there to go to talks, visit stands and have lunch.
    Not a big fan of Mumford and Sons I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Love a bitta of Mumford & Sons.

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    Nanoscience at trinity ?

Could be Radiography in UCD ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Could be Radiography in UCD ;)

Or Radiation Therapy in Trinity. ;)

• Advertisement

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    Or Radiation Therapy in Trinity. ;)

Sure who would want to be doing that?! ;)

Is that your planned course Cruel Sun?

I would say but don't want to give away who I am :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Nah...had a look at the website though, sounds kind of interesting. Points are pretty high.

What course do you plan on doing? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

I would say but don't want to give away who I am :cool:

Saying what course you would like to do is hardly going to give away your identity?

Cruel Sun wrote: »

Nah...had a look at the website though, sounds kind of interesting. Points are pretty high.

What course do you plan on doing? :pac:
    Radiography in UCD (even higher points D: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

ConorCBS wrote: »
    Saying what course you would like to do is hardly going to give away your identity?

Honestly though, I actually figured out who Eurovisionmad was when he mentioned Radiography :P (well, his username raised suspicion too)

Colm! wrote: »
    Honestly though, I actually figured out who Eurovisionmad was when he mentioned Radiography :P (well, his username raised suspicion too)

Ah but that's cause my user name gives away a lot, and you know me in person. SleepAlone hardly gives it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Was at Higher Options today. It was ok but my school decided to go for only 2 hours so we missed some talks which was really annoying. Now I just don't know which college to put first :/

I know , but I'm a bit paranoid. Would hate for anything I say on the internet to get back to anyone I know :v Anyone else really disillusioned with the whole education thing after higher options?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Anyone here do Accounting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement