Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Last result back tonight. Leaves me with 5 A1's (HL Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Applied Maths) and 3 B1's (Irish, English, Spanish). Delighted as I had left study 'til the last minute and had a mad cramming session the night before each exam. Just don't have time to actually study with the amount of homework I've gotten. It works out as 585 using the old system or 610 with bonus points so I'm fairly chuffed with that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Friidaaaaayyyyy :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

So lads; what's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I detest Mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

So how is everyone.?

• Advertisement

You know, I'm actually pretty happy right now. Things are just going fairly well and I'm not under much pressure school-wise right now. and yourselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

We've exams the second half of next week
    They decided to tell us this last week giving us a week to learn what we've done since November in 7 subjects. I'm not a panicy kind of person like other people, I can hande this kind of stuff in my sleep but I can definately feel the pressure mounting. So much to learn so little time........

The amount of work I have to do is actually a joke :(
    Just wondering if anyone here goes/has gone to CTYI?

I went to something CTYI, but that was like 10 years ago or something :L

Colm! wrote: »
    I went to something CTYI, but that was like 10 years ago or something :L
    I've been going since I was around 7 years old and I'm going this summer but I'm not sure what to do. Plus I'm a bit apprehensive as it's the residential one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

I've been going since I was around 7 years old and I'm going this summer but I'm not sure what to do. Plus I'm a bit apprehensive as it's the residential one.

Went last year, hopefully going again this year, but its fairly expensive :( Its absolutely brilliant tbh, you've great craic for 3 weeks with a bit of learning in between:p

Glee_GG wrote: »

Went last year, hopefully going again this year, but its fairly expensive :( Its absolutely brilliant tbh, you've great craic for 3 weeks with a bit of learning in between:p
    I'm going to session 2 but I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My main worry is making friends but I'm going to go anyway as my sister went and she said it was brilliant too.

I'm going to session 2 but I'm not sure what I'm going to do. My main worry is making friends but I'm going to go anyway as my sister went and she said it was brilliant too.

went to session one last year but I'll be going to 2 this year if im going. Hopefully do medicine or one of the science courses anyway!

Making friends really isn't too hard. When i arrived it seemed like everyone already knew eachother but you get to know your roommate and people in your class really quick!

Truth. I've never been to residential CTYI but down in Irish college I had a similar experience. People will get to know eachother pretty damn quickly if you're staying with them for three weeks.

Truth. I've never been to residential CTYI but down in Irish college I had a similar experience. People will get to know eachother pretty damn quickly if you're staying with them for three weeks.
    Yeh I've been to the Gaeltacht and French college a few times. I don't know what it is, I just find it hard making friends for the first time but I'm sure I'll be alright. I want to do medicine in college but I'm not going to it in ctyi, I think maybe law or psychology but I really have no idea :/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

The amount of work I have to do is actually a joke :(
    Just wondering if anyone here goes/has gone to CTYI?

Yep! Session 2 in 2008 (Superhero Science), 2009 (Psychology) and 2010 (Medicine). Best nine weeks of my life - made my closest friends on those courses :3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Ugh, so jealous of all you going to CTYI. I only found out about it the month after I became too old to apply for it, despite scoring in the high 90 percentiles pretty consistently throughout my life. No one ever decided to mention it to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

...it's all ahead of ye 5th years! :D

I wasn't aware of the 2nd level of CTYI for people like my age and stuff, I'd have done a test when I was 16 if I knew :L I thought it was just for the 7 year olds and stuff

Coeurdepirate: Sound! And really cool username. I dig it.

+1 for the username :D J'adore son nouveau album :3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

So mocks on at the moment, scary to think that that will be us next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

decisions wrote: »
    So mocks on at the moment, scary to think that that will be us next year.

:( i am fecked for irish. Thinking about giving up already :p sure, I can get the points in the other subjects heh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Exams are over thank god. None of them were actually thay bad. The worst was probably English, I would have rathered write an essay on Bishop than Macbeth, could definately have done with an extra 10 minutes because I only had 5 minutes to write the final paragraph and conclusion. It probably would have helped if I hadn't wasted the first 10 minutes trying to figure out where to start! But shure ah well, good luck to the teacher even trying to read the essay, I couldn't even read most of it!

It feels slightly weird not having anything to do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Dam Coeur you beat me to it :P ;)
    haha 5th years.... hate to be ye :P

here lads, does this give us permission to invade your OT thread then? ye talk more and stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

here lads, does this give us permission to invade your OT thread then? ye talk more and stuff.
    i think you'd find OT a bit unsettling... we have a guy who is preggers , another who fingers himself .... the list goes on ....
    plus there is a tradition of 6th years going on 5th year threads and telling them about the horrors that await them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Ugh, so jealous of all you going to CTYI. I only found out about it the month after I became too old to apply for it :(

Same story here. So many missed opportunities, my youth is slipping away... soon I'll be sitting in an old folk's home complaining to anyone in the general area about my regrets :P

Ha the year behind us will be doing Macbeth for the Leaving Cert too :P http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/cl0001_2012.pdf?language=EN

Had to rescue this from a few pages back. How y'all doin?

• Advertisement

MegGustaa wrote: »
    Ha the year behind us will be doing Macbeth for the Leaving Cert too :P http://www.education.ie/servlet/blobservlet/cl0001_2012.pdf?language=EN

damm them for getting to do Heaney and Yeats for poetry:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement