Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I thought (s)he might have meant regular mathematics, but (s)he did mention that it wasn't in h(is\er) school so assumed it was something else entirely

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Colm! wrote: »
    I thought (s)he might have meant regular mathematics, but (s)he did mention that it wasn't in h(is\er) school so assumed it was something else entirely
    It is indeed a curious case, but after much deliberation I have decided that this student is misguided in their thinking, and may have heard the word "common maths" bandied about, mistaking it for another maths subject.

Only time will tell, when he/she responds.

actually having read back the thread, some people were talking about common level maths classes in TY, that's probably where it comes from, as opposed to being a LC thing.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

yournerd wrote: »
    My school doesn't even do Applied Maths or Common Maths whatever that is!?
    I hate my school sooo much -_- even though we didn't get any homework i may start working out the maths i never get xD fun fun fun!!
    Anyone here got twitter?

i think its pretty obvious they mean applied maths but are just confusing the name which would be understandable seeing as its not offered in his/her school.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

4 One Direction Tickets!!! Il buy one if yar selling it :)

:D haha sorry I ain't selling - I don't think my sister would forgive me if I did! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

Common maths as in Pass maths

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

All this fuss about my 'common maths' awkwaaaaaard!!
    Wel theres definitely no Applied Maths in my school and im not stupid whoever is saying I might have mixed up the mathses!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 93 ✭✭smurphy11

just seen how quite its got here so wanted to liven things up, just with a simple joke

relationship counseller : do you speak to your wife when you are having sex?
    man: i do if theres a phone handy

• Registered Users Posts: 16 spalpinfanach

any a ye do chemistry? need some helpsies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I'm in 6th year doing chem, I'll do my best to help you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I'm doing Chemistry, 5th Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I can help, what's your question?

as some future advice: just ask the question, there will always be someone to help :L
    I do Chem, 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

My school doesn't even do Applied Maths or Common Maths whatever that is!?
    I hate my school sooo much -_- even though we didn't get any homework i may start working out the maths i never get xD fun fun fun!!
    Anyone here got twitter?

Yep @Meggustaa

MegGustaa wrote: »
    BTW, your blog is great! Your style of writing is very enjoyable to read. :D /stalker

Jackobyte wrote: »
    BTW, your blog is great! Your style of writing is very enjoyable to read. :D /stalker

Haha thanks! It's not stalkerish at all

After that recommendation I checked the blog out.
    Class blog. (award-nominated? deservedly so) Well written, excellent music posts and good content. Thumbs up from me.

I wish I could get back into blogging, but I get writer's block hard. I'm good at writing when I've something to write about, but I find it hard to find a starting point. I'll possibly be setting up Blog 4 (blogs 1 & 2 were abandoned after nobody read them and I ran out of stuff to write blog 3 was a tumblr, tumblr sucks) around my new website once I learn web design.

In other news, my decks arrived today.
    OD23D.jpg

After that recommendation I checked the blog out.
    Class blog. (award-nominated? deservedly so) Well written, excellent music posts and good content. Thumbs up from me.

I wish I could get back into blogging, but I get writer's block hard. I'm good at writing when I've something to write about, but I find it hard to find a starting point. I'll possibly be setting up Blog 4 (blogs 1 & 2 were abandoned after nobody read them and I ran out of stuff to write blog 3 was a tumblr, tumblr sucks) around my new website once I learn web design.

In other news, my decks arrived today.
    OD23D.jpg

haha thanks :) Also Tumblr is great for many things but proper blogging really isn't one of them. I practically live on Tumblr because I'm a little too obsessed with Castle.

I tried to love Tumblr, but I just didn't find the blogs worth following. The site has potential, but without finding good blogs or having many friends to follow, I dropped the account. Way prefer Twitter, Facebook, Boards and Reddit to waste my time on the internet.

(some good music blogs set up on Tumblr though, but Hypem.com's sorted out music blogs for me forever)

I tried to love Tumblr, but I just didn't find the blogs worth following. The site has potential, but without finding good blogs or having many friends to follow, I dropped the account. Way prefer Twitter, Facebook, Boards and Reddit to waste my time on the internet.

(some good music blogs set up on Tumblr though, but Hypem.com's sorted out music blogs for me forever)

ahh see most of my friends from outside school (and then their extended circles of friends) are on Tumblr, plus I follow a whole load of Castle/Bones/Glee blogs too, and other random people so idk my ~experience of it is good. Also I don't have Facebook so I waste my time on the internet almost solely via Twitter and Tumblr :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

plus I follow a whole load of Castle/Bones/Glee blogs too, and other random people so idk my ~experience of it is good.

Love tumblr <3 whats your url? :D

Glee_GG wrote: »
    Love tumblr <3 whats your url? :D

Are you nocturnalparachute?

So, I left all my homework 'til today. And am now watching the football. Oops... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Ugh, can't even begin thinking about school tomorrow :(

*waits for unexpected snow storm*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Did all of ye get homework for the holls? Our English teacher contemplated giving us George Orwell's 1984 to read but then decided we would do it during the next term, so I had 2 weeks of sleeping till 12, generally doing nothing other than play the xbox, read on my kindle that I got for xmas and watch The Wire. The adjustment will be difficult tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

buyer95 wrote: »
    Did all of ye get homework for the holls? Our English teacher contemplated giving us George Orwell's 1984 to read but then decided we would do it during the next term, so I had 2 weeks of sleeping till 12, generally doing nothing other than play the xbox, read on my kindle that I got for xmas and watch The Wire. The adjustment will be difficult tomorrow!

nope didn't get any homework myself :) but only got used to sleeping in late, oh well..

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I've been staying up until about 6am every night.. I dunno how I am going to be able for school tomorrow morning..

0mega wrote: »
    I've been staying up until about 6am every night.. I dunno how I am going to be able for school tomorrow morning..
    Same, nodded off around 6.30 this morning. :/

0mega wrote: »

I've been staying up writing and/or aimlessly browsing the web on my iPad until 3 most mornings for the last week. I was going to go to bed early but then I started watching the series Once Upon A Time (I really recommend it, though it's not on Irish or UK TV yet) and yeah, I was watching episode 4 at 2 this morning >.< Still managed to pull myself out at 8:30 for Community Service (Silver Gaisce...)

But I've to be up at 7 tomorrow and I don't think I'll manage it XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

I've been staying up writing and/or aimlessly browsing the web on my iPad until 3 most mornings for the last week. I was going to go to bed early but then I started watching the series Once Upon A Time (I really recommend it, though it's not on Irish or UK TV yet) and yeah, I was watching episode 4 at 2 this morning >.< Still managed to pull myself out at 8:30 for Community Service (Silver Gaisce...)

But I've to be up at 7 tomorrow and I don't think I'll manage it XD

I'm doing the Silver Gaisce too...what are you doing for it? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement