Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

So mid term break is nearly over :( Anybody get any study done? :D I sure as hell didn't

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

Trevor451 wrote: »
    So mid term break is nearly over :( Anybody get any study done? :D I sure as hell didn't

Nope :D A week of FIFA, music, and mindless tv was what I needed, feel refreshed now !

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Trevor451 wrote: »
    MGMTea wrote: »
    Nope :D A week of FIFA, music, and mindless tv was what I needed, feel refreshed now !

Are ye both reading my mind??:p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Cant bring myself to study.. So much to study for...

Argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Lads what are ye at with this "study" thing? :L

(I really need to take things so much more seriously)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Still haven't got it into my head that we are in 5th year and we need to do work.

Colm! wrote: »
    Lads what are ye at with this "study" thing? :L

(I really need to take things so much more seriously)

Ive to study for my 4 tests this week :P
    Stupid Macbeth quotes
    Stupid folding and faulting
    Stupid indices, logrimathics(or whatevz theyre called) and inequalities
    Stupid Equality Authority Law
    Stupid Economics (every class is basically a test)

Basically, a whole lotta stupid.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Ive to study for my 4 tests this week :P
    Stupid Macbeth quotes
    Stupid folding and faulting
    Stupid indices, logrimathics(or whatevz theyre called) and inequalities
    Stupid Equality Authority Law
    Stupid Economics (every class is basically a test)

Basically, a whole lotta stupid.

What have you covered so far in Economics..? Only had 2 teats so far :D

decisions wrote: »
    What have you covered so far in Economics..? Only had 2 teats so far :D

Oh god.. Well we dont ever get any homework, only tests, so I say covered very leniently, but we quickly went through factors of production, producer, consumer and markets(no tests on them, and not in great detail)
    Then we did demand, supply, the market equilibrium and elasticity in much more detail and had tests on the lot of them.. We're going onto costs, revenue and profit now!

Oh god.. Well we dont ever get any homework, only tests, so I say covered very leniently, but we quickly went through factors of production, producer, consumer and markets(no tests on them, and not in great detail)
    Then we did demand, supply, the market equilibrium and elasticity in much more detail and had tests on the lot of them.. We're going onto costs, revenue and profit now!

My class consists of a chat about whatever is on his mind followed by 10 min of work and then some more chat. We are on the Elasticity of Supply atm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 purple333

Hey Everyone :) I'm new to boards!
    I'm doing economics too! Do ye use the book by Denis L. O' Grady? Its a brilliant book! We've done the first seven chapters of that and we had a test on it before mid term. It was awful :P

purple333 wrote: »
    I'm doing economics too! Do ye use the book by Denis L. O' Grady? We've done the first seven chapters of that and we had a test on it before mid term. It was aawful :p

I don't know who the book is by but it Edco. Anyway, welcome and stick around we are nice people* honest. Drop into C&H were most of the fifth years post.

*Don't hold me to it.

purple333 wrote: »
    I'm doing economics too! Do ye use the book by Denis L. O' Grady? Its a brilliant book! We've done the first seven chapters of that and we had a test on it before mid term. It was awful :P

Yea we hav that book too! We're just onto chapter 10 now(altho we're not really using the book)

It seems all the economic teachers are similar then.. Hopefully it'll all work out by this time next year :P

I don't know who the book is by but it Edco. Anyway, welcome and stick around we are nice people* honest. Drop into C&H were most of the fifth years post.

*Don't hold me to it.

Thank you! :)

Deise_Girl, I'm hoping my teacher spends ages on each chapter before the Christmas Tests so that there's not a lot to study...Lazy, I know :o

It seems all the economic teachers are similar then.. Hopefully it'll all work out by this time next year :P
    Mines a fúcking looper, a good laugh but he is barking and we are all going to fail but at least we will have a good laugh for the next 2 years :p

And I have this book:
    419-1.jpg

Anyway I need to go do HW.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Hilarious moment in maths today

Teacher: First day back lets brake ye in easy - Complex numbers

" In complex numbers there are 2 types of numbers- real and imaginary. The 2 and 5 are real and the 3i and 7i are imaginary. We all listen attentively to what sounds completely unmathemathical "imaginary numbers" haha.

(2 + 3i) + (5 + 7i)

Something like that goes up as example one.

Confused lad at back of glass goes, " **** um, if its imaginary then we might as just leave it out, sure it would make no odds!" Cue hysteria of laughter in class, pupil reprimanded and one more class to add to the memory bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I actually don't know where my whole day went to today. Seriuosly though after I got home I just about had time to eat, do my homework, go to piano and then sit down for a while to "relax" (By a while I mean like 30 minutes watching tv while also having geog. notes open trying to learn during the adbreaks). Exams are starting the end half of next week and sooooo much study is still to be done.

And by sooooo much I mean all.

Haha my teacher must be reading this, we got our first piece of homework :P

Anyone do p40/41 Q 10 of the Economics workbook by any chance? I need a hand <.<

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

November Exams in a week...

MW3 & Skyrim just released

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

DermotOH wrote: »
    November Exams in a week...

MW3 & Skyrim just released
    I'm scared to buy them because I know they will destroy any productivity. >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I'll probably get Skyrim, it's one of the few video games I've ever cared about. I know how damaging it is though, I think Jackobyte is still trying to get over the productivity-destroying power of Pokémon, which I reintroduced to him this weekend

Colm! wrote: »
    I'll probably get Skyrim, it's one of the few video games I've ever cared about. I know how damaging it is though, I think Jackobyte is still trying to get over the productivity-destroying power of Pokémon, which I reintroduced to him this weekend

Charmeleon is level 27, Pidgeotto is level 21. >.<

Ughh, Logarithms are IMPOSSIBLE! :( along with everything else in maths!!! :o

What a weird week it has been,
    How's everybody..?

What a weird week it has been,
    How's everybody..?

weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Delighted to have made it to the weekend, week felt like such a drag. No homework being done, tonight, all my efforts will be focused on supporting Ireland! Big essay to right for english due monday, french opinion question, irish essay, accounting homework , maths, as well as Geography. Ill be busy tomorrow, but at this stage I have managed to make an art of procrastination and I dont see any point in trying to change. One way or another the homework will get done. Happy weekend everyone

Generally horrible week! Stupid amount of work, zero hours to myself. :/

I'm blaming my absence on Boards this weekend on Skyrim...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Anyone here finding Geometry in OL maths hard?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement