Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Just started my OL Maths test this morning and it was the most mind blown exam I've ever sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Did anyone else do that Irish Maths Olympiad thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Oh yes, I did.. :p Needless to say I won't be doing it :P

Was one of the questions about cats?
    I got the joint highest in the school but I seriously don't want to have to waste like 10 Saturday mornings on pointless maths.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

I got the joint highest in the school but I seriously don't want to have to waste like 10 Saturday mornings on pointless maths.....:(
    Fcuk that...have a lie in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

Jackobyte wrote: »
    A google group maybe? Generally are pretty handy. We use one for debating and it's fair handy.

A google group may work. I don't know whether boards have groups... would you like to do the honours and set up a group? :D

Yup :P Don't do it if you don't want to, it's not going to affect you greatly! Plus depending on where you are it's a lot of travelling for something you're not really going to use. Congrats :) we got ours back in envelopes. What score do you need to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I did it last year, stuck with it the whole way through to the big test, but it clashes with Applied Maths this year, and even if it didn't, I just wouldn't have the time. Argentina this year though! :eek:

Yup :P Don't do it if you don't want to, it's not going to affect you greatly! Plus depending on where you are it's a lot of travelling for something you're not really going to use. Congrats :) we got ours back in envelopes. What score do you need to get in?

I think it's whoever gets the highest in the school gets to go so there were 2 of us that got 6/10 and a few that got 5/10.
    I'll probably end up going to th efirst one and then not bothering to go back again because the closest one to me is Maynooth and that's still more than half an hour away so there's no way am I getting up half 8 on a Saturday morning to go to it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Anyone intrested in joining the applied maths boards group send me a PM.

• Advertisement

Starting to get results back so far:
    Irish B
    Maths D (you have no idea how happy I am with that)
    Physics C
    Still have Applied Maths to get back and I have French and Economics next week.

Less than 3 weeks til ours start.. Haven't done any study :( TY so got me out of the whole study thing.

Less than 3 weeks til ours start.. Haven't done any study :( TY so got me out of the whole study thing.

TY killed my ability to work. And I now use a calculator for even the basic maths stuff eg. today 45/23+39/23.

decisions wrote: »
    TY killed my ability to work. And I now use a calculator for even the basic maths stuff eg. today 45/23+39/23.

I'm not looking forward to Christmas tests. Starting in a week and a half and haven't started with study yet. Also, I'm going to fail Applied Maths, 'twill be fairly epic! :P

I've lost the ability to perform the most basic of arithmatic. I used the calculator to check that 9+64=73 in Maths today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

It's so weird some people still haven't started their Christmas exams, ours finished last Friday! The wait for the last few results is the worst part IMO :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

We're getting continuous assessment so we've been having Christmas tests since September! Then just a few class tests next week and we get an average! Good way of keeping us working the whole time. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Our school exams are right up until the 23rd of December :eek::o

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

We've been having constant exams and whatnot since September, 90% average so far :D

But our Christmas exams go right up to the 22nd, sucksss.

So anyway I got a C in Applied Maths.:D

So anyway I got a C in Applied Maths.:D
    I'd happy take a C as well. Imma fail. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

A bit off-topic but guys what do you think of this tune? I'm so addicted to it now!:P The video is cool though imo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Levels is a good tune, but it's gotten a bit old by now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I spin it constantly (yes, I DJ) but it's getting kinda old by now.

Avicii is an interesting producer though. Here's some form of preview of his upcoming single, which is almost as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Colm! wrote: »
    Levels is a good tune, but it's gotten a bit old by now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I spin it constantly (yes, I DJ) but it's getting kinda old by now.

Avicii is an interesting producer though. Here's some form of preview of his upcoming single, which is almost as good.

IMO this is a way better version:

I prefer it to levels, tbh its a pretty insane song, can't stop listening to it atm.

^I think that's a different song, but it sounds really similar. Downloaded that one anyway.
    Love the Justice sample he does there too. The original D.A.N.C.E is better though.

I'm going to a Justice gig in Cork next June, anyone else in? :L

Anyone wanna tell me hOw to learn French verbs..?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EvM

Anyone wanna tell me hOw to learn French verbs..?

I think I heard someone say something about reading them and trying to commit them to memory. They were probably lying though.

^Unfortunately, that's the way. Irregular verbs are pure awful and the only way to get past them is just constant work.

Regular verbs are pretty easy though, the rules and formations make perfect sense

Test tomorrow.

So exams went well bar French (I think I failed...). How did everyone else get on..?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

So exams went well bar French (I think I failed...). How did everyone else get on..?

Exams ended last Friday, got 5/8 results back. Still waiting on Maths, Irish and French (they all went pretty well though...). A1s in Biology, History and Applied Maths, A2 in English and B1 in Music (no one got an A though so I'm not so upset...).

Got my Japanese exam on Saturday though and I'm off school but sick so I'm not doing too much study...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement