Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Sam Giffney did deadly today in his exams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

So November exams start tomrrow after lunch. Apparantly our Enligh question on Macbeth is "painfully specific" according to our teacher. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

so we had to stay in school until 5:30 to do a maths test that cost us €5.
    on top of the hour's extra morning maths class we have to do normally.

what.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Colm! wrote: »

what.

Thats not for the thing in UCC by any chance is it? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Colm! wrote: »

what.
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Thats not for the thing in UCC by any chance is it? :pac:

Irish Maths Olympiad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Nope, it's just honours maths.
    Our teacher is mad

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Irish Maths Olympiad?

Yaww well I was talking about that!

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yaww well I was talking about that!

There is one on in UL as well but I can't go... :/ I went last year and enjoyed the whole process, even though I hadn't a clue what was going on for the most part. And I ditched the classes by the lecturers I didn't like. But it clashes with Applied Maths this year so can't go. ;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭iLikePiano99

My lack of being on boards recently has been due to my november exams all week. Last one tomorrow yippee *dance of joy* :D I had forgotten how stressful it is to have exams every day since TY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EoinOCall

Looking set to drop to pass Irish anyway. Already in pass maths but doing 8 subjects, 6 at higher for definite so should be ok.

Hopefully Sports Medicine in Uni. of Glasgow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Anyone know a Business Quiz website? so I can test my knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 EoinOCall

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Anyone know a Business Quiz website? so I can test my knowledge.

There's skoool.ie that's goes through all the chapters with questions in between, not a full quiz website but closest I've found.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

So many x-mas exams this week and it's not even proper exam week type thing, so I still have classed and homework. Do teachers not realize I have more than one subject...?

I got four of my xmas exams back today - Music, French, Maths and Irish. I was shocked with french - A1 - I was convinced I had gotten at most a low B! Irish - B1 - really happy with that. Music - A1 - Kind of expected that :) and Maths - B1 - disappointed with that. Loads of silly mistakes! But overall I am fairly happy. Now just waiting on English, Biology and Physics.

Also, I think its so cool the way we get subgrades now i.e. A1s, B1s etc. Really makes me feel like a senior student!

Anyone able to tell me how much the 2nd IoE installment is ..?

decisions wrote: »

You got a text too? I amn't too sure how much - you think they'd tell us in the text! But if I remember correctly I think it was a little over 300 euro. I'm just gonna ask in the IOE on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

I've never wanted a Friday so bad! Exams are frying my brain! However my maths result made me smile, a cool 97% :)

You got a text too? I amn't too sure how much - you think they'd tell us in the text! But if I remember correctly I think it was a little over 300 euro. I'm just gonna ask in the IOE on Saturday.

Yep got the text. How are you finding it so far. Is applied maths hard without a teacher as such..?

Yep got the text. How are you finding it so far. Is applied maths hard without a teacher as such..?

Yep - it's hard! I understand everything in class but then when I go home I am like "Wait...did we learn how to do this?" and the worst part is that I can't ask a teacher during the week! But I am still liking it. I think the only reason I am finding it hard is that one topic is condensed in to two one hour and a half lessons. I plan on really working on it over the christmas holidays because I have been tending to give more time to my subjects in school! How are you finding the App. Maths? Is the French (that's what you're doing right?) good in the IOE?

Yep - it's hard! I understand everything in class but then when I go home I am like "Wait...did we learn how to do this?" and the worst part is that I can't ask a teacher during the week! But I am still liking it. I think the only reason I am finding it hard is that one topic is condensed in to two one hour and a half lessons. I plan on really working on it over the christmas holidays because I have been tending to give more time to my subjects in school! How are you finding the App. Maths? Is the French (that's what you're doing right?) good in the IOE?

Yeh French is going good.
    Me thinks we should set up some kind of an applied maths support group thing where we can help each other and deal with all the mini head melt moments.

• Advertisement

Me thinks we should set up some kind of an applied maths support group thing where we can help each other and deal with all the mini head melt moments.
    Great idea! Could we set one up here? Or maybe facebook or something? It's a great idea - I think it would certainly help us with the applied maths!

Great idea! Could we set one up here? Or maybe facebook or something? It's a great idea - I think it would certainly help us with the applied maths!

We could set it up here, I don't know 'twas just a idea. But we should defo. do something at some point.

Also knowing me I won't bother so if you want to go ahead and do it, do.

A google group maybe? Generally are pretty handy. We use one for debating and it's fair handy.

Personally I don't think a Facebook group is a good idea but a google group may work.

What about a boards group ( they do exist don't they... )

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MegGustaa

Exams started today - Biology and History. They were grand; wasn't too worried about Biology, but I was worried about History. It was just two of the 100 mark essays. Got a 6 page one on Hitler's Foreign Policy, and 5 pages on Lenin/Stalin's economic policy, both in ~37 mins eac - my hand is still dead, and I've English tomorrow.

Our English teacher doesn't want us to do exams; we've like half the time per question that we will in the real Leaving so he's all 'Just show me you know your stuff, write as much as you can, etc'. We've been told the questions on Macbeth and Plath so I'll just look over my notes and stuff and hope for the best ^_^

Also shock and horror I've Maths, Music and Applied Maths on Friday. I know what I won't be studying on Thursday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Is there anyone here NOT doing applied maths?!

Feckin maths nerds taking over the world!
    *Shakes fist*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

*Shakes fist*
    Me. I hate maths, when I see a bunch of x's and y's and theta I just give up.

Funny thing is I'm doing honours for the LC :pac: I've turned into such a lazy bastard that I don't even do my homework in it because my teacher never checks it, I'm basically screwing myself over

*Shakes fist*

Once again:
    “Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.”
    -Bill Gates

• Advertisement

Christmas tests tomorrow
    ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH |:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement