Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I'm ready for the 6 months of hell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

My plan to get my sleeping pattern back on track is working well so far. Stayed up all last night, am fairly tired now and will fall asleep easily, hopefully at around 7/8 this evening. Will then be able to get up at around 6 am. Actually forgot about some homework I had so will get it done in the morning hopefully.

I wish we had just a few more days off. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yea we were told by a few teachers now until the orals are gonna be the toughest time. Like the most stressful, most work needed to be done, the most everything..
    But apparently afterwards school becomes very enjoyable.
    Roll on end of April/May I say..

They're right :D May, especially, is a brilliant month. The school seems really relaxed (despite the LC, strangely), it's really summery and the stress of the orals, which are really stressful tbh, is all gone :D Teachers are way more easy going with ya as well, which helps :) I can't wait for that time of year to roll around again. Oh and this term is the shortest of the year, so despair not LCers. Bit of optimism :p

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Slow Show wrote: »
    I remember reading a lot of opinions before that the year absolutely flies after Christmas. I thought it was going fast enough as it was, so errr...God help us all. At the same time, five months and I will (hopefully) be finished secondary school forever. :eek: Which is both happy and sad but it's just weird to think this is finally approaching us. I dunno, I'm in a reflective mood today...

@0mega: I'd suggest the latter tbh, I wouldn't focus too much on the mocks really, I reckon they'll be excellent for things like timing (English P2 will be...interesting:pac:) and highlighting weak areas, but other than that, they have absolutely no significance in the grand scheme of things. And y'know, HPAT and stuff! Thank the powers that be that it isn't falling around mocks time I suppose!

Yeah, you're probably right. I know, I've got about two weeks in between mocks and HPAT so that's definitely a relief. What about you? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

0mega wrote: »
    Yeah, you're probably right. I know, I've got about two weeks in between mocks and HPAT so that's definitely a relief. What about you? :)

Three weeks, I think, if midterm is when I think it is! Loads of time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Slow Show wrote: »

Three weeks, I think, if midterm is when I think it is! Loads of time! :)
    I have 3 weeks too. I'm going to do quite badly in my mocks though but I'm just going to concentrate on the Hpat. Although I really don't want a bad report :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I have 3 weeks too. I'm going to do quite badly in my mocks though but I'm just going to concentrate on the Hpat. Although I really don't want a bad report :P

Aha I know what you mean exactly, instead of doing more than cramming for my pre-mocks I carried on with my own revision and yeah...not one of my better reports. :P

All the same I don't think I'll be devoting all,or even most, of my LC subjects time to HPAT prep, like hopefully I'll spend a few hours a week at it but I don't think it's like an average test where if you study loads you'll be grand. I don't really know what to do for it tbh, other than keep tipping away at practice material. Life is hard. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Just think about it, 5 weeks until midterm: 3 weeks of classes as normal and 2 weeks of mocks.

Optimism is key lads. Shure we'll be grand and it'll all work out in the end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

I should probably finish my homework now! :( so not looking forward to tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I worked so hard to have my homework finished by Friday, which I did achieve! But I then spent the whole weekend doing a HPAT course, I am dead after it I even went for a nap earlier and I'm not a napping person!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Tomas18

ah did you do the one in Leason street?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Leaving my homework til the last two days wasn't too bad. Started yesterday at 3 and got Spanish done before heading out to a party at 7.30

Today I started at 4, got Irish done and arsed around with Maths for ages (spent most of the time online chatting on IRC, and went for an hour long hot chocolate/polar bear documentary break). Just finished maths now, but tomorrow is only 2 and a half hours , and I never would have been able to sleep before now anyway as my sleep pattern has gone so bad. Be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Well, my plans to finish homework on sunday didn't work out. I had to stay home today to sleep the party off and get what's left of my homework done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Tomas18 wrote: »
    ah did you do the one in Leason street?
    No ME in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

OMG! The team of the year is an ffing disgrace. Even though I know the competition became a complete joke after Sneijder didn't win it in 2010, but this year is too much. I think ima have to make a video about it tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

mixery wrote: »
    OMG! The team of the year is an ffing disgrace. Even though I know the competition became a complete joke after Sneijder didn't win it in 2010, but this year is too much. I think ima have to make a video about it tomorrow..

It doesn't really matter though does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Not sure if I can post links to online newspapers anymore, after what I've read on AH, but there's an article on irishtimes.com about CAO points rising. I heard it on the radio this morning and just saw the article there. It's amazing how they can assume these points will rise even though not everyone has applied to the CAO yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

That reminds me, there was a supplement in the Independent today about the CAO and college in general. They do it around this time every year. I always found it pretty good, definitely worth a read anyway ;)

Are there marking schemes available for the sample Irish papers, does anyone know? I've trawled through examinations.ie but no luck. They're the SEC sample ones so I would have though the marking scheme would be available somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I did a couple of Cluaistuiscint tests this evening and could do with having a look at the marking scheme for them :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I have been wrecked since I came home from school. First day back is a toughie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Anyone else interested in Computer science?
    What colleges are you looking at? I'm not too sure which is the best tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Surprisingly managed to get a fair bit done today, let's see how long this lasts.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Methememb wrote: »
    Dit :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Methememb wrote: »

Went to the Comp Science talk at all the open days, and they all seem to be more or less the same(didn't see DIT or DCU). Entry requirements vary between them though, with a higher grade of Maths required for the Dublin colleges.

I think all but TCD offer work placements. If you go for the 4 year B. Sc. course in TCD, there's no placement but you do get one with their 5 year M.Sc. course though.

Personally UCD caught my eye, but that was the whole college experience, though the course did still seem top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

I looked into it and found that all the colleges are essentially the same for CS. Although UCD is meant to be the best in some way they're all very similar.
    UCC is my first choice in that regard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kate_B7

Anyone thinking of doing law? thinking of putting Law Plus first on cat, but really unsure, dont know anyone doing anything law related either so no one to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Kate_B7 wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of doing law? thinking of putting Law Plus first on cat, but really unsure, dont know anyone doing anything law related either so no one to ask!

Law and business is gonna be one of my options. My logic is why do one when you can do two together???

And what colleges have that course? never really thought of that as an option & dont mind business really! Do you know much about the law side of things,whether its difficult etc.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

And what colleges have that course? never really thought of that as an option & dont mind business really! Do you know much about the law side of things,whether its difficult etc.. :)

Lots have law and something else as a dual degree! I'm only looking at UCD and Trinity myself but they've both got law and business, law and economics, law and history and more.

Mmhm the most I know is it helps to be an articulate speaker, and apparently if you like history/English you'll probably like law as well. Actually I could probably write more but I'm not the best suited and I'm pretty tired right now, haha.

haha no worries, thanks very much!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

I don't do law in such, but I do a module on law as part of my course and I've got to tell you it's very difficult, well for me anyway, you have to put the work in. If you're interested in it, go for it. PM me if you're looking for any information about it :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement