Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Doing a big long maths revision booklet, basically, seemingly I've lost the ability to do maths over the Christmas holidays! Nothing is working except for differentiation!

Speaking of which our teacher is always like "Rely on the differentiation and integration questions as they're from the old syllabus!"

Also seeing as I can't seem to find the what are you listening to thread, here's my study soundtrack on repeat for the last few days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Soundtrack not showing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

decisions wrote: »
    Soundtrack not showing up.

Working fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

What we listen to thread touch.boards.ie/thread/2056439825?page=18#post_81831171

Back in Ireland, now it's time to get cracking on some study.
    But in keeping with my optimism: I AM going to get this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Just wondering, is this the book everyone says is brilliant for English? I thought it had a different cover when I last saw it (a year ago).
    http://www.mentorbooks.ie/book.aspx?filter=&contentid=287

• Advertisement

Yeh that's the one. It's brilliant.

Yeh that's the one. It's brilliant.
    Thank you, I think I'll get it. Getting seriously worried about English..

You won't regret it, it's well worth the few quid. It's full of sample answers and it gives you a very good idea of how to approach questions.

You won't regret it, it's well worth the few quid. It's full of sample answers and it gives you a very good idea of how to approach questions.
    I'll get it tomorrow. My teacher gives us no guidance at all and gives us essays due in 2 days.. Don't think I'll be counting English but I would seriously love to do well in it, I could do it but I think I should spend more time on other subjects.

So how has everyone's Christmas been? Super excited to be going back to school.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

I'll get it tomorrow. My teacher gives us no guidance at all and gives us essays due in 2 days.. Don't think I'll be counting English but I would seriously love to do well in it, I could do it but I think I should spend more time on other subjects.

So how has everyone's Christmas been? Super excited to be going back to school.. :P

First half, brilliant :D Second half, ehh.. study filled :pac: Until about Tuesday I had literally forgot I had to go back to school next week. Shouldn't be as big a shock to the system as usual though, might as well have been at school all week :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

How do you retrieve the ebook after you've paid for it? I've paid through computer. I would like to have it on my Kindle as it is an ebook after all..

Do they use your PayPal address as the delivery address?

First half, brilliant :D Second half, ehh.. study filled :pac: Until about Tuesday I had literally forgot I had to go back to school next week. Shouldn't be as big a shock to the system as usual though, might as well have been at school all week :rolleyes:
    Yeh I wish we had longer off! I didn't really do much with regards to study unfortunately and yet I'm even more tired than before :P
    Anyone have any New Year's resolutions? I might actually try to do te couch to 5k without stopping after week 1 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Super excited to be going back to school.. :P
    Weirdo :p

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Weirdo :p
    I guess sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet? :P

Not looking forward to going back at all :(

I still have a mountain of food to get through before I can get back to relatively healthy eating. So here I am with a selection box, a can of coke and a Westlife dvd. *runs* Serious guilty pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Not looking forward to going back at all :(

I still have a mountain of food to get through before I can get back to relatively healthy eating. So here I am with a selection box, a can of coke and a Westlife dvd. *runs* Serious guilty pleasure.

I really feel sorry for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Finally applied to the cao... oh god please don't let me have screwed it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Finally applied to the cao... oh god please don't let me have screwed it up!

I know right? The whole way through it, I was thinking, nope I'm doing it wrong, I was questioning did I spell my surname right by the end of it. :p

Yeh I wish we had longer off! I didn't really do much with regards to study unfortunately and yet I'm even more tired than before :P
    Anyone have any New Year's resolutions? I might actually try to do te couch to 5k without stopping after week 1 :P
    At this stage I've forgotten how it feels to be rested :P

I've abandoned ever making new years resolutions ever again. Last years attempt lasted all of two days. I'm not big into this whole self inflicted failure craic so early in the year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

kevin12345 wrote: »
    I know right? The whole way through it, I was thinking, nope I'm doing it wrong, I was questioning did I spell my surname right by the end of it. :p

I think i reread the form about fifteen times just for fear i spelt something wrong:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

This break has not been good for me, apart from looking over a small bit of german I can't even bring myself to organise my books let alone study. It's also depressing all the christmas decorations going down, my sitting room looks so plain :(

I guess sarcasm doesn't come across well over the internet? :P
    Oh, whoops! Sorry that was obvious, that's just me, I don't cop onto sarcasm most of the time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

Do it, you won't regret it. :)

I might actually try to do te couch to 5k without stopping after week 1 :P
    May I ask what that actually means?

Am I the only one with no clue as what to put down for the CAO yet? I have a course in mind but its not as if I really want to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Am I the only one with no clue as what to put down for the CAO yet? I have a course in mind but its not as if I really want to do it.

I'm putting down science because the course sounds interesting and I've gotten to like Biology, but honestly there is no job that really interests me at all. :/

I'm putting down science because the course sounds interesting and I've gotten to like Biology, but honestly there is no job that really interests me at all. :/
    Are you me :p I was thinking about putting science down myself but like you, no job interests me :(

Just found myself my new best friend
    http://www.focalfilter.com/

May I ask what that actually means?
    Basically you go from not bring able to run small distances to being able to run 5 kilometres. They ease you into it so for the first week it's like walk 1.5 mins, run 1 min and you keep repeating it for around 20 minutes. 3 days a week for I think 8 weeks. My plan was last year to run the Flora mini marathon but that never happened so I think I'll plan for 2014 :)

• Advertisement

Just there 15 minutes ago we had the neighbour from the back in. So in be came to the kitchen and says " Don't mind me I'm looking for a parrot" Turns ouy his neighbour's parrot escaped out the back door and flew away. There was no luck in our back garden though, not a trace of him.

Anyone sees a green parrot, answers to the name Charlie, gimme a shout. :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement