Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Anyone else still not filled out the CAO yet?? I honestly can't pick a course! :(

Haven't even registered yet :P I'm doing Comput science though, love computers :D find something you're passionate ago and study it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

Any of ye going to UCD on Monday to see Macbeth? Full day off, pretty sweet. :P

Registering with the CAO right now, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've always wondered how someone's phone can fall into the toilet....why would you have it out anywhere near the toilet?
    I use my phone on the toilet all the time. Great for a quick email/facebook check while going about your *ahem* business. Increases productivity. I'm going to check my email at some stage. If I can do it at the same time as something else, it'll saves time that otherwise would have been wasted. Have had a few lucky bounces though tbf.

My Spanish alone is going to work out at about €20 apparently (including an oral by an outside examiner on a saturday). Haven't been told about anything else.

Going to Macbeth in Limerick on the 25th. we're only getting 4 classes off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Anyone else still not filled out the CAO yet?? I honestly can't pick a course! :(
    Still have yet to register and have no clue what I'm going to put down from 2-10.........I'll probably do it tomorrow sometime. Hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I'm taking one last gander at the courses that interest me. I'm definetely not putting up 10 choices. I don't want to end up doing something I'm not passionate about.

Otherwise I told myself to study pretty hard over the weekend, about time to get some constructive work done..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

Do we have to submit our choices by the 20th of January?

I could just answer, but I suggest reading this - http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php .

mixery wrote: »
    I could just answer, but I suggest reading this - http://www2.cao.ie/handbook/handbook/index.php .

Thank you!

Just incase anyone else is wondering, it's the 1st of Feb. 20th of January appears to be the deadline for the online discounted rate, I just knew it was a deadline. :p

Honestly, if you haven't read the handbook then do. There's then the "change of mind" also if your dreams suddenly change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

I could cry with all this CAO stuff :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

HugsiePie wrote: »
    I could cry with all this CAO stuff :(

Chill, the final decision doesn't have to be made til' July. You just have to have some course down for the February deadline. No need to stress over it yet, you've loads of time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I had so much fun filling up my Level 6/7 courses last night! I reckon I'd rock forestry in WIT, or Sports with Community Leadership in Dundalk IT! ;)

Chill, the final decision doesn't have to be made til' July. You just have to have some course down for the February deadline. No need to stress over it yet, you've loads of time :)
    I could bet a million bucks that I still won't be sure by July, and my parents keep pressuring me about what I'm going to put down :(

I could bet a million bucks that I still won't be sure by July, and my parents keep pressuring me about what I'm going to put down :(

Tell your parents to fúck right off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cardozo

sooner the dead line comes the better.. im changing my mind every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I dont think any of us can really be 100% sure if its the right course until we actually try it. I'm just praying that when i get to my course that i like it!
    I have the same stress with my parents, my mother keeps trying to get me to choose courses in Cork, as my first few are in Dublin and i get the impression she doesn't really want me to move. Any time i bring up moving to Dublin she's negative about it and it just stresses me out:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I dont think any of us can really be 100% sure if its the right course until we actually try it. I'm just praying that when i get to my course that i like it!
    I have the same stress with my parents, my mother keeps trying to get me to choose courses in Cork, as my first few are in Dublin and i get the impression she doesn't really want me to move. Any time i bring up moving to Dublin she's negative about it and it just stresses me out:(

Maybe discuss it with her? What negative things does she say?

I get the same shîte about moving. Tell her the universities in dublin will look better on your CV

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

Maybe discuss it with her? What negative things does she say?

I have and she is slowly coming around. I think she finally realises that she cant change my mind. It was just a negative tone she kind of had towards it, like she would always try and change everything to how great Cork was, and that Dublin was so far away and just in general not being very enthuastic about it. But like I said she is coming around :)
    Methememb wrote: »
    I get the same shîte about moving. Tell her the universities in dublin will look better on your CV

Thats my thinking exactly! Plus i really just want a change of scenery, EVERYONE i know is going to UCC,I just want a change :o

Well, I had my first dream about results last night. In January :o I opened 'em up and was 5 points off from what I needed. It stung and stung really bad. Even in my dream I was completely distraught. The plus side is that the fear of failure, which I woke up with, is serious motivation

He said while logged in on Borads :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Well, I had my first dream about results last night. In January :o I opened 'em up and was 5 points off from what I needed. It stung and stung really bad. Even in my dream I was completely distraught. The plus side is that the fear of failure, which I woke up with, is serious motivation

[SIZE="1"]He said while logged in on Borads[/SIZE][COLOR="black"][/COLOR] :p
    I really want to dream about that to motivate me! I always say ill start tomorrow :(
    Probably should get off boards too!

He said while logged in on Borads :p

I had to distinct dreams last night. One of them was me being held at gun point by drug dealers and the other me running through a train from someone who wanted to kill me. I don't know where my state of mind is at these days. :D

I really want to dream about that to motivate me! I always say ill start tomorrow :(
    Brain swap? :p
    0mega wrote: »
    I had to distinct dreams last night. One of them was me being held at gun point by drug dealers and the other me running through a train from someone who wanted to kill me. I don't know where my state of mind is at these days. :D

Is it possible it could represent your fear of yano... gettin' killed :pac: I always have really vivid dreams, which is cool enough I suppose :D Especially on the weekend it seems, must be something to do with getting a better sleep or something. LC related ones are all too common as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

My dad who's 50 something, says he still gets nightmares that it's the morning of his leavin cert and he hasn't studied at all, more than 30 years on! :O

My dad who's 50 something, says he still gets nightmares that it's the morning of his leavin cert and he hasn't studied at all, more than 30 years on! :O

Alot of people are like that apparently. Amazing what stress can do...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

I filled in three choices for level 8 the other day, I don't think I'll be changing between now and the deadline anyways. Anyone else for CS & IT in NUIG? :P

I filled in three choices for level 8 the other day, I don't think I'll be changing between now and the deadline anyways. Anyone else for CS & IT in NUIG? :P

Was looking at it but you need a lab science which I don't have :(

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

Was looking at it but you need a lab science which I don't have :(

I was lucky, I have biology, but I almost didn't pick it. Glad I did though, it's pretty easy to get marks :)

Anyone for UCC?

• Advertisement

I had so much fun filling up my Level 6/7 courses last night! I reckon I'd rock forestry in WIT, or Sports with Community Leadership in Dundalk IT! ;)
    Finally filled in my CAO, must admit, my level 6/7 courses are so random, I put down bar management as my no.10, I've never even had a drink :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement