Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

New Year's Resolution: optimism and study!

Let's be realistic here. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Colm! wrote: »

Let's be realistic here. :P
    Hey I was being optimistic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

So, on the biggest going-out-and-getting-hammered night of the year I did a ridiculous amount of drinking... of tea... in bed :o Was feckin' sick so I didn't get out last night. Joys :cool:

Happy new year all the same lads :) Have a feeling I have something important coming up in 2013, just can't think of what it is? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Does anyone know to do the supervised study in any of the institutes do you need to book in advance? I've tried ringing but no answer cause its new years

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

So, on the biggest going-out-and-getting-hammered night of the year I did a ridiculous amount of drinking... of tea... in bed :o Was feckin' sick so I didn't get out last night. Joys :cool:

Happy new year all the same lads :) Have a feeling I have something important coming up in 2013, just can't think of what it is? :rolleyes:

That was me on St. Stephens night, the first year I was 18 and I got the flu, all my friends went out and I was at home. In bed. But hey, there will be plenty nights out after the LC :D

New years resolution: No more saying LOL and YOLO in actual conversations the ammount that i say LOL in everyday life is embarassing, and try harder to study, but mainly the first one :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

That was me on St. Stephens night, the first year I was 18 and I got the flu, all my friends went out and I was at home. In bed. But hey, there will be plenty nights out after the LC :D

The plus side is I have one of the few fresh heads in the country atm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

New years resolution: No more saying LOL and YOLO in actual conversations the ammount that i say LOL in everyday life is embarassing, and try harder to study, but mainly the first one :rolleyes:

How do you even pronounce that :confused: Spelled out or like "Luhl"? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

No more saying LOL and YOLO in actual conversations t

Oh god I do this too! Once you start doing it you just can't stop :L

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

How do you even pronounce that :confused: Spelled out or like "Luhl"? :pac:
    Say lollipop, then take out the ipop, :p
    Glee_GG wrote: »
    Oh god I do this too! Once you start doing it you just can't stop :L
    It's all my friends fault, she says it all the time, and has got me saying it, its contagious :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Happy New Year everyone :)
    Just wondering how long a Macbeth essay should roughly be? My poetry essays are usually around 5 pages. I know it's quality over quantity but I'd just like a rough length. Thanks!

• Advertisement

Happy New Year everyone :)
    Just wondering how long a Macbeth essay should roughly be? My poetry essays are usually around 5 pages. I know it's quality over quantity but I'd just like a rough length. Thanks!

I was always told that comparative should be longest, followed by poetry and then single text. If that's any help (which is doubtful) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Bleugh, never again. :(

Drink is the devil!

I was always told that comparative should be longest, followed by poetry and then single text. If that's any help (which is doubtful) :o
    Thank you, I'll just write what I can, it's my first time doing. Macbeth question so hopefully it will go well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

Happy new year everyone! Got my work done, time to do something enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I can honestly say I haven't opened a book at all over the holidays? Yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

I can honestly say I haven't opened a book at all over the holidays? Yet ;)

Same but I have homework too !!

Same but I have homework too !!
    I have so much homework as well .. All I'm gonna get done is the homework :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Anyone doing Accounting want to help me out with something small? :)

Slow Show wrote: »
    Anyone doing Accounting want to help me out with something small? :)
    I will :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I will :)

Aha just as I was typing out my question comprehension dawned on me! It was something silly to do with dividends, turns out I mixed up debenture interest paid with dividends paid (and thus forgot that dividends paid of any sort existed at all) and all sorts of crazy stuff happened. Thanks anyway :)

I've become seriously rusty at q1's though, thought I'd just do one and it'd all be grand and it'd balance and I'd feel spectacular, gonna have to do some work on them before the mocks -_-

Slow Show wrote: »

Aha just as I was typing out my question comprehension dawned on me! It was something silly to do with dividends, turns out I mixed up debenture interest paid with dividends paid (and thus forgot that dividends paid of any sort existed at all) and all sorts of crazy stuff happened. Thanks anyway :)

I've become seriously rusty at q1's though, thought I'd just do one and it'd all be grand and it'd balance and I'd feel spectacular, gonna have to do some work on them before the mocks -_-
    No problem, any time! :) I'm quite good at accounting but I find that I forget a lot of things from certain topics after a while of not doing them. This year has been a blur, I couldn't even remember we had done the previous topic :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Productive day of studying done and CAO completed. Finally found some motivation. :D Mocks start 4 weeks tomorrow...

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Productive day of studying done and CAO completed. Finally found some motivation. :D Mocks start 4 weeks tomorrow...
    *shivers*

I have no idea what to put down on my CAO :(

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DonallFitz

*shivers*

I feel your pain, when i look at the art courses everywhere i'm left stumped. Aren't they all the same in the end of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

kevin12345 wrote: »
    CAO completed.

Filling in my CAO and registering for he HPATs been the most productive thing I've done!

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

*shivers*

Just stick down medicine for the your first few options, it'll make you look good :D

kingcobra wrote: »

Just stick down medicine for the your first few options, it'll make you look good :D
    Hahahaha :) I'd love to do medicine though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

I pretty much know what I want to put down, but I keep putting it off, thinking about it all the time. When I study for too long I just subconciously turn to thinking about the future. It's such a big decision I don't want to screw it up :/ .

I just finished watching Dirty Harry. Pretty good movie, but predictable. Though the acting and directing were fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

It's a definite sign that I'm leet.
    leetcao.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement