Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert 2012-13 *OFF-TOPIC* (hideaway) thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭curly135

Kinda sad now, dunno why but it feels like Christmas has gone by way too quickly, all of a sudden that festive feeling is gone :( ah well, time to get cracking with the study I suppose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm gonna properly begin to study and do homework from today on... hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Just realised today we are half way through the holidays :( still haven't opened a book

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Dunno bout ye but actually getting down to study feels physically impossible! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

All I've done so far is play some piano, and read a bit of a Spanish book. I can't see myself doing much more any time soon :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Also have not done a tap since the start of the holidays, tonight is very much a last hurrah between now and Easter. Lot of work that needs to be done between now and then.

But you know what, we'll all be grand. All on the way to 625 I tells ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭BrownBear11

curly135 wrote: »
    Kinda sad now, dunno why but it feels like Christmas has gone by way too quickly, all of a sudden that festive feeling is gone :(

This.

It's the same story with me every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Same, I haven't done anything yet!! But I plan to, I really do.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Decided since I haven't done anything yet I cleaned my room to feel less guilty :) all I have to do it start study tomorrow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Y'know those people that go on about how they study all day everyday? Like the ones that casually say 'Oh I did about eight hours there yesterday, I usually do nine though, ten on a good day'(may be a slight exaggeration). I've come to the conclusion that they're lying or else are doing maybe a third of that time studying efficiently...or else are just superhuman. I spent Wednesday-Friday having my days pretty much revolve around study, obviously I took breaks and stuff, like I'm no good at getting up early so I was studying on/off from 12-8 each day. And like...I'm done. No more of that. Like looking back I can clearly see what a waste of time a lot of that, like there were some things, generally at the start of the day, that I got done right and others that I rushed just to cross something off on my ridiculous plan.

Three days of this and I'm close to burned out, dunno how people doing this from September and earlier are managing, eek. It'll be fine, had an epiphany today, I'll be far better off in the future doing three/four hours efficient study and actually having some sort of a holiday. Sanity's important too.

• Advertisement

People lie all the time when it comes to study. I for example have done a billion hours of study today. The only person you should care about us yourself, you know if you are working well and if you are studying efficiently, and not the definition of study I posted a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

decisions wrote: »
    People lie all the time when it comes to study. I for example have done a billion hours of study today. The only person you should care about us yourself, you know if you are working well and if you are studying efficiently, and not the definition of study I posted a while ago.

Yeah I get it, different strokes for different folks, just fed up and needed to vent my frustration somewhere. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

8 hours study? that is bloody insane! 2-3 hours is fine and it won't kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Ugh being on this thread making me feel so guilty. :( Ah well, there's always tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Finally got round to doing some (home)work. YAY :D Reading everyones posts urged me in to being somewhat proactive :) Thanks for the guilt trip guys ;) (Seriously I'm being genuine, thanks!)

decisions wrote: »

25 hours a day, honest!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Gonna do a bit of study today..
    I dont know what "a bit" is exactly, but by telling myself Im doing the indefinite quantity, I shold just be satisfied afterwards..

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭MGMTea

I was gonna study early today but then football. Couple of hours in the evening maybe :D

MGMTea wrote: »
    I was gonna study early today but then football. Couple of hours in the evening maybe :D

I can relate. If only there were LC points going for having good intentions :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Okay everyone call off mountain rescue, I'm alive and off the mountains! (it snowed up there! Jealous?)

Also I'm freaking out as seemingly as it turns out we have a huge amount of homework which I will not get done by the 7th of January! Should not have spent that whole week arsing about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

I finally saw the Hobbit today, now that thats out of the way lets get around to my study! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Are any of ye doing the Leeson St. grinds for the coming week? It'll be a bit of craic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I finally saw the Hobbit today, now that thats out of the way lets get around to my study! :D

Thats funny I saw it today too :P

Tomorrow study will be done. I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

envious of all of you who are studying, i cant manage to even open the bag :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭Vito Corleone

The purchase of Football Manager has had a detrimental affect on my Leaving Cert already. Stayed up until about 6am playing it last night. Getting really into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I have no homework due for next week, can't bring myself to open a book and I don't plan to for the rest of the xmas holidays, studying that much for the xmas tests burnt me out, so no more for me for a while :P

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

The purchase of Football Manager has had a detrimental affect on my Leaving Cert already. Stayed up until about 6am playing it last night. Getting really into it now.

didn't get it this year for the first time since i started playing it in '07 in the hope that i would study if i have nothing to do, seriously addictive game!

So I see I'm not the only one in the Instiute tomorrow. I'm doing Physics A and French.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

If any of ye will be at the Bruce course tomorrow and see someone who you think might be me, stop them up and say hi. See if it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I've been playing it a lot as well. Just tidying up my first season. Had some blunders early in the season, so I ended up finishing 4th in the premiership. Have an FA Cup Final and Champions League Final to play yet though.
    didn't get it this year for the first time since i started playing it in '07 in the hope that i would study if i have nothing to do, seriously addictive game!
    Started playing in 07 as well, but this is the first year I've paid for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement