Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

willyb007 wrote: »
    it will not give any Info on Irish channels which is weird!

Not really weird :) Its as a result of a change RTE made to the transmissions . Other boxes are affected too.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Tony wrote: »
    Not really weird :) Its as a result of a change RTE made to the transmissions . Other boxes are affected too.

Ah rite I stand under ya now as they say! :) It must be a new measure they made to ensure that only official Saorview boxes will get the information! Its not a major issue just a little annoying when the satellite channels can do it!

Have to say the father has this box over a week now and is really impressed with it as am I! Slight sync issue on couple channels but not terrible picture amazing and built in media player. Have one coming on Monday for myself. Would highly reccommend to anyone who don't have one to get one as soon as Tony has them available again. Fantastic piece of kit!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 james1966

hello i am new to the bords.ie
    i was just wondering about the ferguson ariva 120 combo
    have any of you being using it and if so what do you think of it as i was looking at
    the polish site and it looks good value

• Registered Users Posts: 12,429 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

james1966 wrote: »
    have any of you being using it and if so what do you think of it as i was looking at

Maybe if you looked through this thread, you could answer all your questions........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

TheDriver wrote: »
    Maybe if you looked through this thread, you could answer all your questions........

No maybes about it he would learn all he needs to know. LOL :D

• Advertisement

thanks to you both will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi James
    I too will be going for this - but think I will get it off Tony - local businesses and all. Added to that when/if there is a problem I will feel happier knowing there is someone around to help.

Definitely looking forward to the firmware (sync) issue being resolved :)

Welcome to Boards matey - hope it doesn't cost you the rest of your free time....

i would agree with you about the local business but like a lot of us out there money is very tight and in normal circumstances i would be the first to buy local
    but we have to cut our garment acording to our cloth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

willyb007 wrote: »
    Use a USB Stick and go to "Tools" - "Upgrade by USB" scrool over to "Dump File" and Dump your list to USB. This can be used to reload your list after the FW Upgrade. Hope this helps, If not i have posted a link to a list based on the S*y FTA Channel List earlier in this thread.

On another note can anyone tell me if the Cyfra+ card is compatible with this box? Am thinking of buying one but would be a waste of money if was not to work. I have Googled and nothing comes up for it like a compatibiliy list for recievers etc

How do you dump your list? I have made a favourites list but I can't see an option to search for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

i would agree with you about the local business but like a lot of us out there money is very tight and in normal circumstances i would be the first to buy local
    but we have to cut our garment acording to our cloth

Your choice but difference does not seem that large to really be worth it. Added to that - just look at this thread - Tony seems very active in helping folk out - for me that is a sign of a business I want to support - and with the Boards discount he quoted earlier in the thread the difference does not seem all that huge, maybe just a round or two at the local.

Your call though - I just personally prefer to get items like this (while not really expensive - it is still quite a price (but not as high as the autotune ones)) from someone I can call up and get immediate or really fast help from.

Best of luck with it though. Me - just looking forward to getting TV back again after I cut one of my 2 LNB lines into the SKY HD box - long story...

• Advertisement

thanks taltos
    what is the cost with tony including shipping with the bords.ie discount
    i am always open to advice i got sky disconnected also as it was a robbing price and i have a free view box i may not have as many channels but its nice at the end of the month to have no sky fee
    i hope you get your telly back soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

A couple of observations. Firstly, this is an amazing piece of kit for the price so no complaints there.
    One or two little niggles. In my case anyway, there is definitely an issue with DTT and HDMI, whether it is box, weather or broadcast related I don't know.
    There are a couple of problems in the EPG , it doesn't populate for some channels unless I actually select that channel, which is a bit of a pain.
    Secondly, I have a Sky FTV card, which it decodes (nice one) but if I try to navigate out of it's parameters, say channels 40-50, by channel up/down the box wont do it, it will only go outside if I select a numerical key and will return to the card's parameters if I use channel up/down from any other channel.
    On the Audio sync, I wouldn't have noticed only it was pointed out but hopefully that will be fixed soon.
    All in all, very pleased with the box and if anybody has any suggestions on the EPG issues, I'd be grateful.

hi does any one know how much tony is for the box including shipping and the bords.ie discount:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

€106 ish

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

99euro for the box 7.50 postage

thanks celtxx
    i still do not know what do do as satskelp has it for around €88.00 delivered
    money is tight its a pity that tony doesn't do them for around the €95.00 mark
    as that would be near to to the satskelp price and it would steer the most of to buy from tony but i guess every body knows their own business and what profit amount they are prepared to accept

thanks all for the replys about the price of tonys
    as i said its apity that he dosen't do them for around €95 including the shipping as the polish site are around €88 including shipping
    as i said i guess every one knows their own business
    thanks again for all the information
    i will just have to think about it

Unless ferguson sell to us at the same price they sell to satsklep there is very little I can do on price I'm afraid . I'm guessing satsklep is buying at much bigger volumes as they have a far bigger market. Satsklep has a great reputation so you should have no fear buying from them. The only downside is the vat stays in Poland.

hi tony thank you for your reply i would much prefer to buy from you but i am unemployed at the present and have very little income
    so if i do decide to buy one i am afraid that i will have to go for the cheapest one i can get and of course i would have much prefered to see the vat comming to ireland but finances makes me look further a field
    i would like to thank you for your advice about satskelp as a seller your self i must admire the way that you carry on your business and for the way you gave me your advice and opinion on satskelp
    i thank you and i know now why so many respect you
    i am only too sorry that i can not afford to buy from you
    again i thank you :o:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Vick7

Could someone who bought from Satskelp tell me how long does delivery take?

• Advertisement

hi tony thank you for your reply

Its no problem at all James, everyone needs to go with what is right for their budget, its what competition is all about and I would not have it any other way. You will get lots of support here and many guys have bought from satsklep with no problams at all apart from the obvious lip sync issue which should soon be resolved.

Vick7 wrote: »

I think someone said they use DPD which takes 3 to 5 days to get here usually.

Edit: looking at willyB's post its actually UPS

thanks a million tony
    and hopefully the lip sync software will be soon able to be downloaded
    many thanks for you help and advice

Vick7 wrote: »

Takes 1 week shipping is standard if ordered on a sunday mite have it friday cost me jus a few cents short of €83 inc. delivery. (Althogh the 3V card I bought to buy it cost me €92.50!)

Have also ordered from Tony, and his delivery service is next day. Would have ordered again but i have no sky at the minute and am inpatient being honest i suppose to get going with the Irish channels too. Also he has it frozen from his site understanably pending a new FW Upgrade which will prob be available from tomorrow!

I would wait on Tony to have it in stock, In my opinion his service is second to none and his help through this thread has to be commended so in thanks I would recommend his business.

To sum up unless money is extremely tight order from Tony, €106, next day delivery and any query is answered to best of his ability on this forum.

PS, A few of my and my auld lad's friends & family have shown keen interest in this box and i will be referring them to Tony if they are to purchase one for themselfs.

Just to give you an example of up to date tracking from Satsklep for the box I ordered on the 13/6/2011 which I still haven't received! Making my case to order from Tony stronger:

Dublin, Ireland 06/17/2011 10:30 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Newtownabbey, United Kingdom 06/17/2011 7:00 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/17/2011 6:59 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Tamworth, United Kingdom 06/17/2011 5:32 A.M. Departure Scan
    06/17/2011 1:28 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Barking, United Kingdom 06/16/2011 10:36 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/16/2011 4:05 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Herne-Boernig, Germany 06/16/2011 7:24 A.M. Departure Scan
    Herne-Boernig, Germany 06/15/2011 11:41 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Langenhagen, Germany 06/15/2011 8:30 P.M. Departure Scan
    Krosniewice, Poland 06/15/2011 3:10 A.M. Departure Scan
    06/15/2011 12:21 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Katowice, Poland 06/14/2011 7:49 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/14/2011 6:45 P.M. Origin Scan
    06/14/2011 4:33 P.M. Pickup Scan
    Poland 06/14/2011 10:52 A.M. Order Processed: Ready forUPS

Guys just got another mail from the technical manager at ferguson. He is asking for more streams to be sent over so I don't think the firmware will be ready today as he indicated last week.

I'll keep on top of them though and apologies for this delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

i notice tv3 is now being affected by the lip sync issue. coronation street was fairly bad out of sync the other night when I was watching it via scart. utv when i turned over was not affected.

Guys is anybody using the box on astra 1 and seeing any affected channels ? Reason I ask is Astra 1 can be received easily in Poland yet ferguson are saying they are not seeing any problems on astra 1 transponders.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

seems to be related to MPEG4, I haven't seen it on any Mpeg2 channels. Also not consistency in it some times its there sometimes not (or not significantly bad to affect viewing) Worrying development that on the day they had said to expect a firmware fix they are now saying that they cannot see the issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

I emailed ferguson myself over weekend and got reply this morning, they dont know when they will have if fixed! they reckon only one channel affected and they cant see the problem.....stalling tactic with the recordings i reckon as surely they can see the problem themselves!!

Dosent sound good for a fix anytime soon!!

Advertisement