Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭pissed

Decided to take mine back out of the box, have spent the last hour or two sorting the channels via the Ariva Channel Editor ..... word or warning, scan both satellite and terrestrial before you go to sort them. I learned the hard way. Had all my satellite channels in order and went and done a terrestrial scan thinking it would just add them in at the end. The whole list gets messed up again. All sorted now. Think this was mentioned earlier but on the scan it picks up 2 ITV HD channels. One is really out of sync but the second looks almost perfect. The good one is at 10936MHZ / 22000 / V.

Hav'nt had time to check out recording or time shift as of yet, leave that for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

pissed wrote: »
    Think this was mentioned earlier but on the scan it picks up 2 ITV HD channels. One is really out of sync but the second looks almost perfect. The good one is at 10936MHZ / 22000 / V.

10936 has ITV Granada with the ID 3851. This is full HD 1920x1080
    You will also see STV with the ID 3855. This is also full hd but offers different movies sometimes :)
    ITV HD London on 10832 is only 1440 res

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

10936 has ITV Granada with the ID 3851. This is full HD 1920x1080
    You will also see STV with the ID 3855. This is also full hd but offers different movies sometimes

Savage Cabbage Gerry!:D Knew that STV showed different movies but not that it was in HD! Will be adding this to my channel list in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭An.Duine.Eile

I have the box connected with both HDMI and SCART. Lip sync can be totally out on HDMI even on TV3 but switch to the scart connection and lip sync is okay. Scart is the best option until lipsync sorted.

Have the Ariva HD combo as well, it never had an issue with sync on HDMI, so feel confident that Ferguson can sort it.

Any ETA on new firware ?

BTW anyone work out how to save the channel listing to Usb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

I had a few free hours today so I decided to give this box a little more play time.

I connected up with scart since a lot of people have reported no problems using it and it certainly is much better now. I spent some time scanning the satellites and adding the terrestrial channels. I then exported to the Ariva channel editor to rearrange everything the way I wanted.

I then decided to give the HDMI a try again and it was actually much much better than when I first tried it yesterday. There is still a slight delay on some channels, particularly the HD ones but it is so slight now that I dont even notice it. I am much happier with it and will be using it full time from now on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Vick7

Any ETA on new firware ?

Is new firmware definately on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Vick7 wrote: »
    As previously mentioned in post 290

"Just got a response from the technical manager at ferguson :"

"Hello
    Yes we found this problem.
    New s/w will be available next week.
    Our engineers are working on it right now.
    Anyhow please help us to record streams of
    channels that makes the worse feeling "

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mick_ser

anyone have any problems tuning in the bbc streams? i cant seem to..thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Vick7 wrote: »

Not yet, but keep an eye on this page for the latest one;
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

The one installed on mine, atm, is the latest 2.13B5 version,
    hopefully a new one will address the lip sync issue.
    Earlier, a BBC HD channel I came across, had the Audio test screen up and the audio was hitting about 6-7 on the Audio Late section.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

has anyone set one of these up through an Amp ? i know on my amp i can set delays for lip sync issues. May work for someone.

• Advertisement

I've made a cleaned up channel list if someone wants to try it out.:)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?kqe9y3piyekfqnm

Let me know if you find anything left out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Has anybody got the Sky white FTV card to work? I can see the details of it in "Conditional Access" but the channels are not showing up.

Just noticed, looking back, that Kristopherus managed this. How did you do it? Even scanning the TPs doesn't show up 5*

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

bmaxi wrote: »
    Has anybody got the Sky white FTV card to work? I can see the details of it in "Conditional Access" but the channels are not showing up.

Just noticed, looking back, that Kristopherus managed this. How did you do it? Even scanning the TPs doesn't show up 5*

when scanning the TP's make sure that FTA is set to NO

Have a Sky FTV card in mine and its clearing them just fine

Also try going into Antenna setup and checking LNB frequency is Univeral 9750-10600 on both 2A AND EUROBIRD (mine was set at this but needed to be changed and changed back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

darth_maul wrote: »
    when scanning the TP's make sure that FTA is set to NO

Have a Sky FTV card in mine and its clearing them just fine

Also try going into Antenna setup and checking LNB frequency is Univeral 9750-10600 on both 2A AND EUROBIRD (mine was set at this but needed to be changed and changed back)

Thanks, I had just sussed that myself. Whether 5* and Sony are worth the hassle of deleting 900 stations is debatable. :rolleyes:
    Has anybody come up with a quick way of deleting unwanted stations? i don't know how those programme editors work, wouldn't even know how to load them. Don't recognise that .abs file, is it one you can open?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

bmaxi wrote: »
    Thanks, I had just sussed that myself. Whether 5* and Sony are worth the hassle of deleting 900 stations is debatable. :rolleyes:
    Has anybody come up with a quick way of deleting unwanted stations? i don't know how those programme editors work, wouldn't even know how to load them. Don't recognise that .abs file, is it one you can open?

if you only scan the individual TP's for the scrambled channels you want you won't have loads of channels to delete.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

mick_ser wrote: »
    anyone have any problems tuning in the bbc streams? i cant seem to..thanks:)

Can I re-ask this question? Anyone get the BBC streams running???- will be handy for the music festivals coming up

Can I re-ask this question? Anyone get the BBC streams running???- will be handy for the music festivals coming up

I am uploading my completed New Channel List & Favourites to here for anyone interested in downloading it. I have put a lot and lot of time in to compiling this just the way I want it. I have Channels organised in favourites also. The TV & Radio channels are based upon the order FTA Channels are listed on a S*y Box with a few exceptions. BBC & ITV Streams are also on this and have their own section in the favourites. If you choose to use it you might have to manually change name of the favourite groups on the combo box itself as the editor seems to have a glitch in that respect. Hope you will enjoy it if you choose to use it! :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?ffjsx0dixdpal49

PS: Bear in mind i am using the Carinn Hill Transmitter so you prob wont pick the Irish Channels up depending on where you are in the Country!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

Great little box barring the audio sync issue. Incidentally, is anyone else seeing audio sync problems on terrestrial tv also, or is it only me?

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

TJM wrote: »
    Great little box barring the audio sync issue. Incidentally, is anyone else seeing audio sync problems on terrestrial tv also, or is it only me?

TV3 and 3e are particularly moody in the lip sync department for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭swoofer

try the pause trick while watching dtt, press pause, then revert back to live.

gb--

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Any word on when this might be available again Tony? Waiting to order one off your site.

willyb007 wrote: »
    I am uploading my completed New Channel List & Favourites to here for anyone interested in downloading it.

Thanks for that list.
    I didn't have CBeebies and a few others on my list.
    Nice one. :)

Moon54 wrote: »
    Thanks for that list.
    I didn't have CBeebies and a few others on my list.
    Nice one. :)

Your Welcome! Took me a lot of hours (Over 2 days!) and patience to compile it! Running back and forth from the box! Glad you appreciate my effort!:D

Deedsie wrote: »
    Any word on when this might be available again Tony? Waiting to order one off your site.

I'm just waiting on the new firmware , we have plenty of stock. I asked the technical manager in ferguson for an update and he replied this morning.

"I hope on monday
    we are making it right now"

Edit: Thanks again to Mike @ freesat.ie for uploading the streams ferguson requested

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

I am uploading my completed New Channel List & Favourites to here for anyone interested in downloading it. I have put a lot and lot of time in to compiling this just the way I want it. I have Channels organised in favourites also. The TV & Radio channels are based upon the order FTA Channels are listed on a S*y Box with a few exceptions. BBC & ITV Streams are also on this and have their own section in the favourites. If you choose to use it you might have to manually change name of the favourite groups on the combo box itself as the editor seems to have a glitch in that respect. Hope you will enjoy it if you choose to use it! :D

PS: Bear in mind i am using the Carinn Hill Transmitter so you prob wont pick the Irish Channels up depending on where you are in the Country!

Thanks for making this available willyb007- Just what I was looking for.

Appreciate the effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

My area is served by woodcock hill. Will your download work for me? Can I exit the individual Irish channels and keep the fat channels? Thanks for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭philahern

My area is served by woodcock hill. Will your download work for me? Can I exit the individual Irish channels and keep the fat channels? Thanks for posting.

I'm woodcock hill too and it worked for me. The favs were still there but you have to rename them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

I have just bricked mine , A temporary problem I hope , I was updating the channel list from USB and my 11 mth old Son just pulled the USB out and it rebooted.

ASH is the messge on the box and no output to screen , According to the WEB the only recover is via Serial cable using RS232 port , I have the Firmware and Cable and I am just looking for the software required to flash it.

Many thanks in Advance.

galait wrote: »
    I

Many thanks in Advance.

You can get this at www.ferguson.pl if you don't want to wait for the updated firmware

• Advertisement

Yes the Sat Channels will work, Not sure about the Irish Channels though. If they don't work you can delete the Irish Channels from the list and do another Terrestrial Scan and save to USB by going to "Tools" - "Upgrade by USB" flick across to "Dump File" and Select. Before removing the USB ALWAYS select "PVR" - "Remove devise safely" Bring it to your computer to organise your Channel List with the Ariva Editor. (You can use my list as a template in another window) When done export your completed list and save it with an extension of abs (that is .abs from a drop down list)

Though this will take time as doing a Terrestrial Scan will mix up already stored list. This tho is the only way around it if the Irish Channels don't wonk for you! It can be quite frustrating but very satisfactory when done!:D

Advertisement