Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

hi, i was in a house at the weekend that had a ferguson ariva 200,i was suprised to see serious lip-synch problems on ITV HD,it was very bad indeed,i could not see any other hd channels im afraid,the 200 was connected to an old tv via a scart cable,there was no hdmi socket in the tv,i couldnt see any dtt signals im afraid,i was just wondering has anyone else seen this on the older 200 ?. is it something in common withe the newer 100 i wonder?it was like watching an old dubbed kung fu film the synch was so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Indeed, hes giving mixed messages, on the one hand says he cannot see the issue and on the other he is saying they are working on new firmware ?
    darth_maul wrote: »
    Worrying development that on the day they had said to expect a firmware fix they are now saying that they cannot see the issue.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

Tony wrote: »
    Indeed, hes giving mixed messages, on the one hand says he cannot see the issue and on the other he is saying they are working on new firmware ?

Seems like the dont have a clue how to fix it to be honest!!!

s_gr wrote: »
    Seems like the dont have a clue how to fix it to be honest!!!

Well they fixed it on the FK7000 just recently so no reason why they cannot apply the same process.

It was most likely the ITV London feed which seems to cause problams across a wide range of boxes.

pegasuspub wrote: »
    hi, i was in a house at the weekend that had a ferguson ariva 200,i was suprised to see serious lip-synch problems on ITV HD,it was very bad indeed,i could not see any other hd channels im afraid,the 200 was connected to an old tv via a scart cable,there was no hdmi socket in the tv,i couldnt see any dtt signals im afraid,i was just wondering has anyone else seen this on the older 200 ?. is it something in common withe the newer 100 i wonder?it was like watching an old dubbed kung fu film the synch was so bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭darth_maul

Tony wrote: »
    It was most likely the ITV London feed which seems to cause problams across a wide range of boxes.

ITV HD london, yeah this seems the worst but not as bad when audio is switched, This might not be the best sample to send them as there seems to be an major problem with this particular channel anyway and a fix for that may not solve all our problems Has anyone seen it on a non Mpeg4 channel BTW. Also is there any FTA mpeg 4 transmissions on 19e or 13e, as I could test it later with a bit of rewiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Probably wise to state (in writing) that if they can't fix the lip sync then the units will be returned for a full refund?

On a separate issue, are people happy with their DTT picture? Mine's not great compared to upc digital. Also anyone else getting picture breakup on DTT?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Probably wise to state (in writing) that if they can't fix the lip sync then the units will be returned for a full refund?

On a separate issue, are people happy with their DTT picture? Mine's not great compared to upc digital. Also anyone else getting picture breakup on DTT?
    If you're getting picture breakup it's nearly always because of a reception issue. Otherwise Saorview's picture quality beats UPC's digital service hands down in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

ITV HD london, yeah this seems the worst but not as bad when audio is switched, This might not be the best sample to send them as there seems to be an major problem with this particular channel anyway and a fix for that may not solve all our problems Has anyone seen it on a non Mpeg4 channel BTW. Also is there any FTA mpeg 4 transmissions on 19e or 13e, as I could test it later with a bit of rewiring.

Anixe and a few others @19.2e are FTA & MPEG-4;
    http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/astra19.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Harcrid

The more people that contact Ferguson to report the issue and their dissatisfaction then the more likely they are to do something about it.

So if you have not done so already get in touch with them.

serwis@ferguson-digital.eu

• Advertisement

Agreed , I know we should not have to do this but the more pressure the better

Celtxx wrote: »
    The more people that contact Ferguson to report the issue and their dissatisfaction then the more likely they are to do something about it.

So if you have not done so already get in touch with them.

serwis@ferguson-digital.eu

Ok tried 19e and they suffer the same audio sync (sorry for the delay had to wait for a native german program) Currently Das Erste HD is showing some kind of german drama and the audio sync is very noticeable especially when audio is set to "3/3 deu (6022) [DA]" not too bad on "1/3 deu (6020)"

It can also be see on Zdf with the audio again set on DA.

these channels are on Astra 1, TP 11361 H 22000k

Think it would be better for Tony to pass this on to them as he seems to have a more direct line to them.

edit ok the news is on now on both and very noticeable (but only really with the [DA] audio option selected, remember on 28.2 the main audios are [DA] execpt ITV granada and Narration

Thanks I'll pass that on .

Ok tried 19e and they suffer the same audio sync (sorry for the delay had to wait for a native german program) Currently Das Erste HD is showing some kind of german drama and the audio sync is very noticeable especially when audio is set to "3/3 deu (6022) [DA]" not too bad on "1/3 deu (6020)"

It can also be see on Zdf with the audio again set on DA.

these channels are on Astra 1, TP 11361 H 22000k

Think it would be better for Tony to pass this on to them as he seems to have a more direct line to them.

edit ok the news is on now on both and very noticeable (but only really with the [DA] audio option selected, remember on 28.2 the main audios are [DA] execpt ITV granada and Narration

Tony TVP Polonia (polish) is currently showing a concert of some sort and the sync issue can also be seen here its mpeg 2 but has a [DA] audio option

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Willyb007,

Thank you very much for your list. I am trying to transfer it to my Ariva 200 combo by using a usb stick.
    I have left the name as it was downloaded and used suffix .abs.
    I keep getting a message to say bin file mismatch.
    Can you tell me which "upgrade from usb" type to use for channel upgrades.
    There are a few possibilities ( data1,data2,user db etc.)
    Thanks a million.

Freddy

new software released a while a ago

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu

Hope this fixes the problems.....fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

I will probably invest in one of these boxes if this fault is now fixed. Could anyone recommend a speedy USB flash memory that could be used for recording with this box?

s_gr wrote: »
    new software released a while a ago

http://www.ferguson-digital.eu

Hope this fixes the problems.....fingers crossed.

Testing this now

cheers Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

freddy99 wrote: »
    Willyb007,

Thank you very much for your list. I am trying to transfer it to my Ariva 200 combo by using a usb stick.
    I have left the name as it was downloaded and used suffix .abs.
    I keep getting a message to say bin file mismatch.
    Can you tell me which "upgrade from usb" type to use for channel upgrades.
    There are a few possibilities ( data1,data2,user db etc.)
    Thanks a million.

Freddy

Freddy,

My list was for the Ariva 120, maybe this could be your problem, however id say all Arivas run off the same hardware so it should work (Tho I am not sure) save it to the root of your memory stick that is dont have it in a folder, Go to "Upgrade by USB" - "Allcode + Bootloader" And scroll across to whatever name you saved the list as and start upgrade. Hope this helps if not, you will prob have to compile your own list :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Hmm, I'm getting an error when I try to upgrade firmware.
    It says, "BIN do not match, Do you still want to upgrade?"

Even if I say yes, the upgrade does not go through, it's still at the 2.13 version when restarted.
    Anyone else see that happen?

The box here is showing 2.14B2 ok. BBC HD is off air, BBC1HD is showing tennis so I'm waiting on some interviews etc to get a good hard look at it. ITV HD looks ok but i'd really like to get others opinions .

Edit: ITV London still out but Granada looks ok to me here

Moon54 wrote: »

Even if I say yes, the upgrade does not go through, it's still at the 2.13 version when restarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Willyb007,

Thanks a million.
    All sorted now.
    Really appreciate it.
    Freddy

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭willyb007

Moon54 wrote: »

Yes same happened me, worked with new firmware then when i loaded channel list it reverted to original firmware.

willyb007 wrote: »
    Yes same happened me, worked with new firmware then when i loaded channel list it reverted to original firmware.
    Yeah looks like the firmware is part of the dump, so a new channel list will be needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Thanks Willyb007, you're right, it does upgrade but my channel list knocks it back a version.
    I'll just do a rescan and check for lip sync issues

ok to get the channel list to work with new firmware this is what is needed.

Open ariva editor and open you channels list.
    go to file export and save it as a udf (user database)
    close arivaeditor and open again
    open udf file
    the goto file export and save it over the new firmware abs file
    this now has new firmware and your channel list

put usb drive back in combo box
    goto upgrade by usb
    upgrade mode userdb
    select the new firmware file
    click start

have one ready here if anyone needs it

audio sync is still there at times (need to test further to see if it is any better)

information on RTE still not working (interestingly this also wasn't working on the polish stations (TVP) on 19e while testing earlier)

Need to check if network is now working

Darth is the nar audio track the same as the DA track ie are both stereo? On BBc HD the nar track seems spot with the DA track ever so slighly out.

• Advertisement

no they are not the same, they are a different audio format, I think the DA one maybe Dolby surround, the nar one is just normal stereo sound (BTW this cannot be always used as a replacement as it is an audio description stream for blind people similar so in movies and drama you will hear a person describing whats going on,

As I said earlier the problem seems to be with these [DA] labeled audio as I even seen it on mpeg2 with a DA stream on 19e

Advertisement