Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alert: New Ferguson HD DTT/Sat Combo Box - €63 before postage

Options
196979899100102»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I thought I had posted this previously but cannot find my post, maybe I would be better posting this query in its own thread (but where?) .... anyway here goes .....

Do any users of the Ferguson 120 have experience in using the media functions to access media files in a server/NAS on the LAN?

I have recently resurrected the 120, and have been examining what might be possible in the media functions.

First the radio ........ the 120 will download, according to a list of radio types/genres, listing for radio streams and save them to an attached drive.
    I found no means to add my own 'heading' to the list of 'genres'.

If anyone knows a means to do so I would be grateful.

So I have edited one of the downloaded files so that it contains my preferred radio streams.

I am relatively happy with the radio listing ....... but it is in danger of being overwritten if someone should download the default file. (yes I have a backup on the attached drive).
    A separate heading would be great if it is achievable.

That brings me to stored audio files on the LAN.
    Has anyone devised a means to play these files using the 120?

I am looking into the possibility of setting up a 'radio station' on the LAN playing through the stored files, and then tuning into that LAN station by adding to my edits explained above.

Is there a better way?
    Can the 'media' player, which plays files from the attached drive, somehow be used to play media stored on the LAN?

Any and all info and thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

just noticed the view count :)

STB. wrote: »
    It'll never get to 500K views will it ?

:)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

That brings me to stored audio files on the LAN.
    Has anyone devised a means to play these files using the 120?

IIRC I don't think the 120 can play files from your LAN. I still have a couple of active boxes though, so I'll check/confirm later

Spocker wrote: »
    IIRC I don't think the 120 can play files from your LAN. I still have a couple of active boxes though, so I'll check/confirm later

I believe it is not built to do so ...... but am more asking if anyone had succeeded in getting around this limitation by some means.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

somehow managed to loose all our channels here.. anyone have a channel list download link?

• Advertisement

STB. wrote: »
    It'll never get to 500K views will it ?

:)
    Tony wrote: »
    just noticed the view count :)

Today

Views: 492,000

:D

Advertisement