Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 06 - Monaco Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

amacachi wrote: »
    It's gonna take a lot of luck and track position I think, Mercedes just don't seem on the pace at all, especially in races.

I agree but 1 front guy hits a barrier or whatever then there is every chance.
    HE would be impossible to pass if he somehow got track position after stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Since Lewis had his lap removed And didn't set a Q3 lap, wonder can he start on any tyre he wants

If teams are going to try a one stopper, might be better to have the soft and run it till there are enough laps left to switch to super-soft. Would be lucky not to get held up though. Safety car though would make it interesting now that theres no refuelling, more incentive to stay out if the tyres are holding up

Hope the tyre situation makes it a close race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Since Lewis had his lap removed And didn't set a Q3 lap, wonder can he start on any tyre he wants

If teams are going to try a one stopper, might be better to have the soft and run it till there are enough laps left to switch to super-soft. Would be lucky not to get held up though. Safety car though would make it interesting now that theres no refuelling, more incentive to stay out if the tyres are holding up

Hope the tyre situation makes it a close race.

If he's allowed then that would certainly seem like the way to go. I'd assume that's what 11th and back will be attempting anyway. I don't know if Button will be able to do a one stopper starting on the super softs.

A Safety Car will be interesting alright, but am I right in thinking that currently it's a case of the pit lane staying open and everyone having to hit a delta time? Kinda neutralises any advantage that could be gained by pitting off-sequence.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I fancy if the top three stay the same through the first corner Vettel will win quite comfortably.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

If he's allowed then that would certainly seem like the way to go. I'd assume that's what 11th and back will be attempting anyway. I don't know if Button will be able to do a one stopper starting on the super softs.

A Safety Car will be interesting alright, but am I right in thinking that currently it's a case of the pit lane staying open and everyone having to hit a delta time? Kinda neutralises any advantage that could be gained by pitting off-sequence.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I fancy if the top three stay the same through the first corner Vettel will win quite comfortably.

Always appreciate your posts, would you mind explaining the above about Delta time?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

:pac:

Brundle's comment about stepping on a wing and being fined

:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Always appreciate your posts, would you mind explaining the above about Delta time?

Thanks

basically means that you have to keep up behind the safety car and not purposely run slowly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I'm going to make an optimistic prediction

Mercedes GP-One, Two.
    Michael Schumacher-1 Nico Roseberg-2

Thanks

Delta time is a time set by race control or whatever it's called in F1 that the drivers have to match-ish when the safety car is deployed but the cars aren't behind it yet. It should mean that all the cars run the same speed til they catch the SC but as I was saying it may stop drivers from getting a big advantage by pitting under the SC as they can't go full tilt before pitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

On live timing sheet, hamy has no time (due to missin g chicane) and perez is missing meaning all cars shunt up one from 10 back.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Delta time is a time set by race control or whatever it's called in F1 that the drivers have to match-ish when the safety car is deployed but the cars aren't behind it yet. It should mean that all the cars run the same speed til they catch the SC but as I was saying it may stop drivers from getting a big advantage by pitting under the SC as they can't go full tilt before pitting.

do they have a button for that or must control gas pedal themselves?

• Advertisement

Good call! :P

freestyla wrote: »
    do they have a button for that or must control gas pedal themselves?

All down to them, I assume there'll be a display on the steering wheel or at least word on the radio to let them know whether to speed up or slow down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Good call! :P

Hamilton on the softs, this will be interesting to watch play out!

Love the start of a grand prix hope it's a good race

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

ooh, always the event, Hamilton had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭andyman

Great move by Schumacher after a poor start.

blistering Vettel grrr comooon someone could catch him up already!

Hamilton on the softs, this will be interesting to watch play out!

Gone already I think. Got 3 slow cars ahead, can't see him get higher than 6th.

I have a feeling Vettel is going for a 2-stopper, Button's gotta stay within a pitstop of him.

Odd start, Button had great traction and I think he'll regret being so defensive off the line. Horrendously bad start for Schumacher and got caught up in Hamilton weaving.

How long is the time in pitlane for the race this weekend? I'm not trusting the commentators on it this weekend. :pac:

what a fight Hamy vs Schumi :)

dunno about pit stop time here.

• Advertisement

Button matching Vettel the last few laps if anyone's wondering, doesn't look like the commentators give a crap. :)

great battle, can see them coming together though

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Hamilton and schumi - great fight on!

great move

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

good move by Hamilton

Hamtilon through, so much more speed down the straight, caught Schumi napping!

Looking like there's actually a race upfront, 6 seconds covering the top 3.

hand waving again by Hamilton, he really doesn't help himself to be popular :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ballsy manoeuvre by Lewis on Schumi. Could have easily ended up smashing into him.

Button now catching Vettel. Just.

• Advertisement

Brundle saying exactly what I was thinking about Barrichello there. :pac:

Very strange how the Mercedes are burning up their tyres.

Leaders' tyres definitely going off now, very inconsistent sector times for the top three.

Advertisement