Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2011: Round 06 - Monaco Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Hamilton deserves a penalty for that move

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

Safety Car, yes... Race on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

What was buttons stop all about?? So he's on a 3 stop when everyone agreed noone would do a 3 stop? As he still has to use the softs. If vettel isn't on a 3 it is all over

• Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

wonder will Hamilton pick up penalty like de resta

• Registered Users Posts: 13,322 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Hamilton's "pass" on Massa at the hairpin was something like a move I would do on the F1 2010 ps3 game! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hamilton... "I went up the inside and he turned in on me"

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

"I went up the inside and he turned in on purpose"

Getuptheyard Hamilton :rolleyes:

That was your fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

McLaren put reds on Button? Very stupid IMO, gonna be behind Vettel with a stop each still to make. Really don't get that. And there's a few cars between them, really, really don't understand why they did that.

BBC are reminding me of Sky about Wayne Rooney, "oh isn't he a scamp!"

safety car might hurt Buttons strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

wonder will Hamilton pick up penalty like de resta

if diresta got one for the same move lewis has to

• Advertisement

Only chance Button has is to save tyres behind Vettel since he's on the faster ones. Then if there's a clear window on the track get out and bomb around on the yellows. If there's no gap then wait for Vettel to pit and try to put in a huge lap.

Very stupid from McLaren there though IMO.

Somehow Kobayashi and Sutil have managed to pit and kept 5th and 4th. :D

amacachi wrote: »
    McLaren put reds on Button? Very stupid IMO, gonna be behind Vettel with a stop each still to make. Really don't get that. And there's a few cars between them, really, really don't understand why they did that.

BBC are reminding me of Sky about Wayne Rooney, "oh isn't he a scamp!"

probably thought Button could keep making back the time like he had been doing to build up enough time to cover his extra stop, safety car gets rid of the 10+ seconds he had over Vettel before his stop

The inconsistency of yellow flags really grates on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

amacachi wrote: »

Very stupid from McLaren there though IMO.

+1

so much traffic

probably thought Button could keep making back the time like he had been doing to build up enough time to cover his extra stop, safety car gets rid of the 10+ seconds he had over Vettel before his stop

Aye but it's always risky around Monaco. Generally Less stops=track position so I think it's very silly. Had he put on the yellows he was pretty much sorted IMO.

Argh!

Gonna be fun for the last stint, reds or yellows for Vettel? :D

I was disappointed the SC came out, shan't say why, but it looks like what I wanted to happen may well happen yet. :D

Button right on Vettel now, hope its good few laps

Pity for about the penaltys, seems harsh, 5 live commentry didn't agree with lewis's pentalty

Funnily enough I think Button has to pit before Vettel to have a chance of winning this race.

• Advertisement

My prediction: jenson stays out 3 laps longer now than vettel, and puts in fast laps on the supersofts. Pit crews do their jobs, and jenson comes out first. Vettel is all over the back of him for the rest of the race, but can't get by

Button right on Vettel now, hope its good few laps

Button needs the Sutil train to stay in place for a little while longer and get in before Vettel and put in a stunner of an outlap while Vettel is poor on his worn yellows.

Is Alonso on the yellows or reds? He might come back into this yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

steve9859 wrote: »
    My prediction: jenson stays out 3 laps longer now than vettel, and puts in fast laps on the supersofts. Pit crews do their jobs, and jenson comes out first. Vettel is all over the back of him for the rest of the race, but can't get by

Possible i guess. Also Button rather maintaining tyres than attacking Vettel then will rev max with softs

steve9859 wrote: »
    Red Bull would be retarded to pit Vettel before Button. Also RB can put reds on Vettel if they wish. Button has to pit first but I think they're worried about Alonso.

30 to go, Button has to pit at the first sign of a clear bit of road if he wants to try to win this race.

Buemi wins the race for Vettel.

freestyla wrote: »
    Possible i guess. Also Button rather maintaining tyres than attacking Vettel then will rev max with softs

Well, so much for that prediction! Mclarens strategy was nonsense! Don't know what they were thinking

redbull probably worried that supersofts won't last if they go for them now

I don't think the top three will be pitting again...

• Advertisement

redbull probably worried that supersofts won't last if they go for them now

Would still be ahead of Button, not going to drop out of the top three are they? I think Vettel and Alonso are going the distance.

Advertisement