Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Two HD on Sky [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

Prowetod wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked already. Can you get this in the UK?

Only if you're a subscriber in northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nolanc

rte two hd is on sky channel 294 or somewhere around there, if you have sky hd it should be in the usual rte two place at 102

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Johnny Johnson

Have a read of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭stevethesatguy

Did not read the full thread but RTE 2 HD is available on Saorsat from 9east easily to receive in Northern Ireland and parts of the UK mainland

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joey101

can anybody help some say you can get rte 2 hd on other channels on sky i put in these numbers 10744, h 2200, 5/6 rte 2 hd comes up i save it but then it says contact operator i think it is very unfair to have to pay for our own countries channels and maybe illegal hoping someone can help thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

joey101 wrote: »
    can anybody help some say you can get rte 2 hd on other channels on sky i put in these numbers 10744, h 2200, 5/6 rte 2 hd comes up i save it but then it says contact operator i think it is very unfair to have to pay for our own countries channels and maybe illegal hoping someone can help thanks in advance.

First, this only applies if you have a HD box, regular SKY+ or Sky SD boxes wont pick this up at all

RTE2 was in other channels but only for testing before the EPG launch
    Its now on the EPG.

HD SUB
    102 - RTE2 HD
    294 - RTE2 (SD)

SD SUB
    102 - RTE2 (SD)
    294 - RTE2 (HD) [HD subscription required]

Hope that clears it up for you! Yeah it sucks big time but not much will be done without maybe intevening from RTE / TD's in the runup to ASO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

The only way without paying 15 x 12 per year is to get a seperate Saorview box or a Saorsat setup if you cannot get Saorview. If you have a HD box but an SD subscription, and if you are out of contract with Sky you could try haggle for free HD upgrade or at least HD on RTE 2. Threaten to leave, say you will get a Saorview and FreeSAT+ HD box etc....

You could send a letter to the BAI and complain, like I did......

Either way ring Sky and explain that you are an unhappy customer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭mike2084

I've noticed that none of the Euro 2012 listings on RTÉ Two HD are actually flagged as HD. The only explanation I can come up is that the studio based analysis is just upscaled and the live match will be surely in native HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

I've noticed that none of the Euro 2012 listings on RTÉ Two HD are actually flagged as HD. The only explanation I can come up is that the studio based analysis is just upscaled and the live match will be surely in native HD?

You'd be correct there Michael - RTE as of yet still don't have a HD studio.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Tomorrows euro 2012 is flagged as HD on my sky box tv guide as is Saturdays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

copacetic wrote: »
    Tomorrows euro 2012 is flagged as HD on my sky box tv guide as is Saturdays.

All Euro games will be shown in Native HD on RTE2 HD. Thanks be the God the studio camera's aint though lol:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

That is correct - rte have been doing sports like that since rte 2 hd fully started. rte wont have hd studios in donnybrook for a few years yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

rte wont have hd studios in donnybrook for a few years yet.

RTE has one studio upgraded for Hd for a long while now. The problem lies in the switching system that feeds all the studios for transmission. That is currently being upgraded. The main delays are mechanical in actually installing new cabling throughout without disturbing the old cables.

During the boom they hoped to build a whole new building....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

zg3409 wrote: »
    RTE has one studio upgraded for Hd for a long while now. The problem lies in the switching system that feeds all the studios for transmission. That is currently being upgraded. The main delays are mechanical in actually installing new cabling throughout without disturbing the old cables.

During the boom they hoped to build a whole new building....

Ah cheers for the clarification :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone else missing RTE2 HD on 102 now? I'm getting the "call 08442 415161 to upgrade subscription2 message".

RTE1, RTE2 on 294 and all my other HD channels are working fine???

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Bit of a mess RTE TWO HD has the upgrade screen on even with the HD pack, on to sky now

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Why is my RTE 2HD on Sky gone? Why is there a sign saying I must upgrade to receive this channel? :eek:

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

DigiDec wrote: »
    Bit of a mess RTE TWO HD has the upgrade screen on even with the HD pack, on to sky now

im in the same boat

the number on screen is engaged too

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

bucks73 wrote: »
    Anyone else missing RTE2 HD on 102 now? I'm getting the "call 08442 415161 to upgrade subscription2 message".

RTE1, RTE2 on 294 and all my other HD channels are working fine???

Yes, it's gone :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

Is this blocked out for anyone else? Thought Euro 2012 in HD was one of the event Sky highlighted when it launched on the EPG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Shocking!! That's RTE for you. As soon as their flagship tournament is about to start there's a glitch!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

Yep, seeing the same. Off to BBC so, nice one RTE.

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

Batesy wrote: »
    Shocking!! That's RTE for you. As soon as their flagship tournament is about to start there's a glitch!

:rolleyes:

RTE have nothing to do with it , its sky

its still available on channell 294

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

I switched on the Euros on RTE 2HD (102) and got a message saying to upgrade my sub - I have Sky World with HD!. I can watch it on RTE 2 SD on 294 and the Sky phone number 0818716098 is engaged. Any one else having problems. Its working fine on terrestrial

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Sky (Scotland) call centre were helpful but the poor chap has no idea what's wrong, the Cork office must be swamped with calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Yep bang on 4pm. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

+1 rte HD gone

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Whats the story? anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

what the hell is going on?rte 2hd gone wtf.fecking hate ringing sky up,anyone tried yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Sod it, BBC HD it is then.

Advertisement