Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Two HD on Sky [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Yes, just rang, got Scotland, they have no idea, ah it just came back on at 4.14pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Brian017

back now :D

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭telly_lover

back in action on 102 , rte 2 HD is nothing special compared to sky HD

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was about to post where has RTE2 HD gone? It's just come back on though. It better stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RedRightHand

Just in case, I'm staying with BBC. Bye Bye RTE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

ahhhh turn it back off,dont like the lads in HD!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,313 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

back in action on 102 , rte 2 HD is nothing special compared to sky HD

Yeah nowhere near as good as Sky HD or BBC HD. It's just a slightly improved picture really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Phew. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Shred

I'd say that a little unfair, it's a much sharper picture. No Dolby D is a bit of a pisser though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Back on here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

Remember on RTE TWO HD only the actual match is in HD, the studio is upscaled SD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mrs Wookie

It's a total swizz that they do this on the day the Euros start. Then to put everyone's heart crossways, they removed the regular RTE2 from the listings for a while this afternoon (probably just long enough to have everyone reaching for the phones to upgrade before the Ireland game on Sunday).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Just checked mine and it was for a few minutes and it has now froze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

It was gone for me for a while, I have the HD Package, back now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Yeah nowhere near as good as Sky HD or BBC HD. It's just a slightly improved picture really.

Thats because the studio is SD, HD only starts when the match does.

My RTE HD is back now, was gone for a good while though

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fudd_Man

Anyone else think rte2hd looks a bit shabby for hd? Even the sound is brutal the bbc coverage looks much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Was comparing both during opening ceremony and thought BBC looked that little bit sharper.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Fudd_Man

Yeah I kept flicking between the two leave it to rte to make a hash of hd!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭harryohh

I don't have the HD pack but Rte HD is clearing for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Working alright down here in sunny (huh) Mayo.

• Advertisement

harryohh wrote: »
    I don't have the HD pack but Rte HD is clearing for me now.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭carrollf

RTE HD is a joke! Nothing is captured in native HD but all upscaled so quality not as good! Can RTE not invest in doing this right? SKY broadcast all their football (and most sports) in native HD so RTE cannot compete here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just watch it on BBC hd,simples.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Mr. Rabbit

Well, the old rights issues nonsense has kicked in again.

Euro 2012 blocked in NI :mad:.

Thank goodness for ITV HD under the add channels option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

RTE 2HD looked good on Saorview. Even the studio is in HD. The Sky platform isn't quite as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

Jpmarn wrote: »
    RTE 2HD looked good on Saorview. Even the studio is in HD. The Sky platform isn't quite as good.

The studio isn't HD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

Jpmarn wrote: »

The studio isn't HD
    Apparently work was being done to upgrade at least one of the studios at RTE especially for the coverage of Euro 2012 and the Olympics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I thought the Euro games looked better today on RTE2HD via Saorview rather than via Sky, I had noticed the exact opposite on the Champions League Final a few weeks ago however. It seems to ebb and flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭An Tarbh

Stinicker wrote: »
    I thought the Euro games looked better today on RTE2HD via Saorview rather than via Sky, I had noticed the exact opposite on the Champions League Final a few weeks ago however. It seems to ebb and flow.

For me there was no difference in the picture between Sky and Saorview but the sound was noticeably better on Saorview.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭zg3409

I heard a rumour it might happen last night or today.

You don't need a HD Sub to Watch RTE 2 in HD via Sky (Just an SD subscription)

So for those with SD subscriptions and Sky HD boxes tune to 294 for the HD channel.

I don't know if my letter to the BAI made any difference, (no response as of yet) but I heard the switch may happen, and now it has.

I wonder those who upgraded recently from an SD sub to a HD sub just to get RTE2 can they now cancel without penalty?

Fair dues to whoever got it done. Many thanks. I have RTE2 via Saorivew, Saorsat and now via Sky, however the point was Sky attempting to charge people for a channel a week ago that is free now.

Latest Euros score:
    Sky 0 Joe Public 1 :)

Advertisement