Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

League of Legends (LoL) General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

TheDoc wrote: »
    She is a high skill cap support.

Oh really? I don't remember seeing her in tournament play for almost a year. There are supports who have a massive influence on the game and there's Soraka.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I'd call her high skill cap, typically players below gold make horrendous decisions and are completely inept when it comes to decision making. Hence why she is relatively high skillcap.

Obviously players at all levels will go with a champion that is effective while also being efficent. Soraka has that niche at the moment where she is effective, just not overly efficent.

But to say shes trash is just plain incorrect.

I don't call her high skill cap because she isn't difficult whatsoever. The reason you think she's high skill cap is because people cannot decide who to use what on, that isn't high skill cap, that is just inept players.

The likes of Zed are high skill cap because they are actually challenging to play, where as Soraka isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Meh, I don't play support so I don't know.

But when I hear LCS players and guys like Phreak talking about supports stating that Soraka is still viable, but just requires higher execution then other supports and is a niche pick for good players, I just fell in line with them.

BUT SILVER JUNGLE NICK KNOWS BETTER :p

Meh, I don't play support so I don't know.

But when I hear LCS players and guys like Phreak talking about supports stating that Soraka is still viable, but just requires higher execution then other supports, I just fell in line with them.

BUT SILVER JUNGLE NICK KNOWS BETTER :p

I only jungle with you fags, i hate it! :P I play adc mostly although since I started jungling with ATT I can't last hit for ****. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

nunu for top, jungle or support.

you cant go wrong :D

• Advertisement

n1ck wrote: »
    I only jungle with you fags, i hate it! :P I play adc mostly although since I started jungling with ATT I can't last hit for ****. :(

Whats mental is that I jungled for the team and was pretty alright at it, no idea why I got moved top, I thought you were some **** hot jungler :D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

I would like to see high skill cap soraka in action, she would probably auto attack harass your ass.

Whats mental is that I jungled for the team and was pretty alright at it, no idea why I got moved top, I thought you were some **** hot jungler :D

It was partly due to my connection being iffy, Ant didn't want me lagging out and dying at top. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Kold wrote: »
    Oh really? I don't remember seeing her in tournament play for almost a year. There are supports who have a massive influence on the game and there's Soraka.

You heard it first here folks, if a champ isn't used in professional play they're trash.

According to Eu LCS Pick/Ban Stats* the following champs should also be avoided because they are trash: Blitz, Fiora, Garen, GP, Heimer, Karma, Yi, Mord, Panth, Poppy, Rammus, Rengar, Sejuani, Shyvana, Sion, Sivir, Shaco, Skarner, Swain, Talon, Teemo, WW, Zilean
    Also, only do what the pros do, don't you even think about trying something that's non meta. If you do, you're trash too.... probably....

BEST LOGIC EU

*These are stats for EU, so they might not be trash in the US or Asia.

ohsnap.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Unlocked Ahri and Vayne. Both free to play this week.... Typical.....

In fairness most of those champions are low tier so I dont really get your point. Others are effective in solo queue or low skill games. Soraka isn't either. I just want to see the game where you're getting terrorised by a high skill Soraka. It sounds like it could be funny as hell. Omg she silenced my auto attacking champion at JUST the correct time! Gg surrender at 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Can people recommend a good duo that is viable in ranked? Want to start working on a pairing with a friend but want to make sure we are putting the effort into a decent pairing. ADC + Support is the only genuine duo in ranked or top lane plus jungle too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Laviski

Playboy wrote: »
    Can people recommend a good duo that is viable in ranked? Want to start working on a pairing with a friend but want to make sure we are putting the effort into a decent pairing. ADC + Support is the only genuine duo in ranked or top lane plus jungle too?

Its depends on both players play style

Nunu and vayne is great
    Taric and any decent adc for good lane sustain.

I play an aggressive taric and works very well with most players but with others well......

Leona Tris.

Laviski wrote: »
    Its depends on both players play style

Nunu and vayne is great
    Taric and any decent adc for good lane sustain.

I play an aggressive taric and works very well with most players but with others well......

Any preference for Taric partner?

Mid lane and jungle is one of the best because generally your mid when fed can gib someone and once he's fed you can help another lane and he can help the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Laviski

Kold wrote: »
    Leona Tris.

And this too^^^

In terms of taric partner vayne cait trist. But honestly any adc with a player knows their char and abilities of the champs they are against is important.

n1ck wrote: »
    Mid lane and jungle is one of the best because generally your mid when fed can gib someone and once he's fed you can help another lane and he can help the other.

any preference.. friend can play Diana pretty well so could jungle with her. Have played Brand mid but not really sure.. who is good mid pick? Assasin/akali like kat or mage like karthus?

any preference.. friend can play Diana pretty well so could jungle with her. Have played Brand mid but not really sure.. who is good mid pick? Assasin/akali like kat or mage like karthus?

Any champ works really but a champ that snowballs general is preferable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Diana deserves a lane imo. Her pre 6 is pretty bad making her ganks woeful. I don't play mid so much but Zed has some really favorable matchups there. Xerath is another pick i enjoy since if you have a bad match up against say Ahri or Fizz you have such massive range that you can farm very safely near your tower and poke hard

Diana deserves a lane imo. Her pre 6 is pretty bad making her ganks woeful. I don't play mid so much but Zed has some really favorable matchups there. Xerath is another pick i enjoy since if you have a bad match up against say Ahri or Fizz you have such massive range that you can farm very safely near your tower and poke hard

So for a noob jung what do you think its good to start learning the role with? Warwick?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I learned jungle with J4. His ganks at 6 are godlike. I also recommend Xin Zhao.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I started jungle with Warwick before runes cause his sustain is so godlike. Just like Diana his ganks are terrible pre-6 but when you get your ult ganking becomes so mindless since you can simply click and stun your enemy for 9 minutes straight. Although i haven't played him jungle since like level 19 i much prefer to take him top.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 abrobin

Add Me; Caddy Shank.
    On most days, if not everyday and always up for a game or team because I absolutely hate the blind search for games on that game.
    I'm mostly a top player, but I can be a good support and mid laner. :D

Jungle Cho'Gath is extremely easy. Spirit of the Lizard Elder is so strong on him due to the amount of AoE on just his autos.

I would say to learn jungling WW is good because his clear is safe but I wouldn't recommend picking him. The likes of Cho'Gath provide a ridiculous amount CC and his clear is safe enough with his passive.

I have Jarvan unlocked and Warwick so will give Jarvan a go first as havent played him before. Have tried Warwick in ARAM only and dont think its the best place for his skills!

I have Jarvan unlocked and Warwick so will give Jarvan a go first as havent played him before. Have tried Warwick in ARAM only and dont think its the best place for his skills!

J4's E+Q combo at level 2 after a red start is seriously good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Cool go for J4!

Attack damage marks and quints, armour seals and MR/level glyphs. Take E first then Q and W. After that I put another point in E and then start maxing Q. Like Ropedrink said, his ulti can decide a teamfight, but it could be for the other team. Always be aware of where you are placing the Cataclysm, and try and wait until your target has blown their escapes (flash, skills). Also if your buddy can play Orianna or anyone with an AoE ulti it has amazing synergy.

Advertisement