Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ww inspired cake & bake recipes!

Options
  • 18-05-2011 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭

For when a ww wants to go a bit nuts...but stay within there points.
    Looking to quench your sweet tooth....

Post your favourite cookie, cakes and bake recipes below.

Please have the recipes already pointed, and how many it serves.

please visit the ww thread for discussions on other healthy eating recipes, WI, and other ww related chat :) CLICK BELOW

New 2011 WW Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

I wonder...is this an appropriate/suitable thread for this forum if there already exists one in the WW section? There's a flagrant disregard for calories here usually :D

OT, I always used to like www.greenlitebites.com for her recipes, especially her choco drop cookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eviledna wrote: »
    I wonder...is this an appropriate/suitable thread for this forum if there already exists one in the WW section? There's a flagrant disregard for calories here usually :D

OT, I always used to like www.greenlitebites.com for her recipes, especially her choco drop cookies.

we've been advised...it isnt welcome on the "nutrition" forum...cos cakes and bakes aren't healthy eating.... but ppl want to share "treat" ww recipes...alot of the posters have low pp cake and dessert recipes they'd like to share.....but the nutrition crowd...find that inappropriate...there answer was start a thread here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

The recipe that caused it all
    Marsbar cake
    Makes 14 slices
    5pp per slice

5 Mars Bar 35pp
    70g Rice Krispies(got mine in Aldi) 7pp
    4 tea spoons low fat butter 2pp
    2 Cadbury Bar and a Half Bars 24pp
    1 Packet Cadbury White Buttons 5pp

Melt the mars bars and butter in a glass bowl over boiling water. When it is completely melted and runny(could take average 10 minutes) mix the rice krispies with it and pour into cake tray. Then melt the cadburys bar and a half and when melted pour over. Then use the buttons to decorate(optional). Thats it stick it in the fridge. I would recommend taking it out a good few hours before u cut in cause it can be very hard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    we've been advised...it isnt welcome on the "nutrition" forum...cos cakes and bakes aren't healthy eating.... but ppl want to share "treat" ww recipes...alot of the posters have low pp cake and dessert recipes they'd like to share.....but the nutrition crowd...find that inappropriate...there answer was start a thread here...

Huh, that's a bit mean of them.

I don't mind this thread being here, but I will ask that all calorie and points-related questions are kept solely to this thread. The rest of us don't like to think about how many calories are in the things we love to make! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

ProPoints® Value: 4
    Servings: 15
    Preparation Time: 15 min
    Cooking Time: 45 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

As I'm belgian an this used to be (still is) my fav treat I thought I'd post it:

Ingredients
    300 g old bread(any type, avoid wholemeal, dont want the seeds logging between your teeth) - 18PP
    200 g Sugar(or equivelant in splenda/sugar mix) - 22PP
    1/2 Ltr Low Fat Milk - 6PP
    5 medium eggs - 10PP
    60grm Raisins 4PP
    1 teaspoon of vanilla extract - 1PP
    a sprinkling of cinamon

Instructions
    · break up the bread in to small bits in a mixing bowl
    · Add Sugar to milk and heat(don't boil)
    · Pour milk over the bread and let soak
    · Mash bread into a thick gough
    · Add Raisins, cinamon, vanilla extract and the 5 beaten eggs
    · Line baking dish with grease proof paper and add mix
    · Cook in 200C oven for 45mins

This will turn out like a very, very moist cake

Serving suggestion from my mums (old belgian farmers) cookbook:
    Turn over on a warm plate and cover in berries and juices.

Bran Muffins

Serves 6 Large muffins or 12 cupcake size
    PP Value: 4pp per Large Muffin, 2pp per cupcake

Preheat oven to 190c,
    Cooking Time: 30 mins, oven can be turned off at about 26 mins, but dont open the oven...let them bake in the remaining heat. and let the oven go cold. Opening the door too much or too fast will cause them to sink. If your doing cupcake size..they will prob do in a faster time, so keep an eye on them. I use silicone muffin trays from dunnes stores, I double line them with paper liners. the mixture is a bit soggy so a single muffin paper just went soft...but i found if i used two muffin liners per muffin..the muffins kept there shape and rose better.

125g white self raising flour
    40g Light brown sugar
    15g splenda
    30g odlums wheat bran (dunnes stores)
    1 whole egg
    table spoon of low fat natural yoghurt
    100 skimmed milk
    Fruit of your choice (strawberries, blueberries, rasperries, banana. ect)
    1 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate
    1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Soak the bran wheat in the milk for 10 mins,
    Cream the sugar/splenda/egg/yoghurt together,
    Sift the flour/baking powder/bicarbonate at least twice to get it nice a fluffy.
    Combine all of the above ingredents. taking care not to work it too much or they will sink and go flat. You should still be able to see little tiny pockets of dry flour even after folding (that's what i've read in books)
    Gently and evenly fold in the fruit of choice.

(if using bananas have them thouroughly mashed with fork before hand)

This recipe makes six decent muffins at 4pp each! High fibre, really filling, with slow releasing carb energy. to make them even better again you can also use self raising brown flour (i've only seen that in super valu)

When i made these this week...i experimented and added a few drops of Vanilla baking essence.....oh god they were so nice! I put the vanilla in with the milk while soaking the bran. So ended up having Banana Bran Vanilla Muffins!

Faith wrote: »
    Huh, that's a bit mean of them.

I don't mind this thread being here, but I will ask that all calorie and points-related questions are kept solely to this thread. The rest of us don't like to think about how many calories are in the things we love to make! :)

Oh we'll be too scared to look out side the thread...all those
    goodies...temptation!

Faith....my god....your blog....amazing...that's an art form!

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Faith....my god....your blog....amazing...that's an art form!

Cheers, that's so sweet of you! :o

I haven't updated it in forever because of exams. Hopefully I'll get back to it this weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I have my bran muffins cooling in the oven :D:D I'm really looking forward to them, they smell delish!

• Advertisement

ProPoints® Value Per Serving: 6
    Servings: 8
    Preparation Time: 10 min
    Cooking Time: 25 min
    Level of Difficulty: Easy

This lovely traditional sponge will really satisfy your craving.

Ingredients
    150g Flour, Wheat, White, Self Raising
    1 teaspoons (as purchased) Baking Powder
    160 g Tate & Lyle Splenda Low Calorie Sweetener Granulated
    2 medium Egg, Whole
    7 tablespoons Oil, Vegetable, Any Type
    4 tablespoons Milk, Skimmed, mixed with 2 tbsp water
    1 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
    9 teaspoons (level) Jam, Low Calorie
    1 teaspoons (level) Sugar, Icing, to dust

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/fan oven 170°C. Base line and spray with low fat cooking spray 2 x 18cm/7in cake tins.

Sift the flour and baking powder in to a bowl. Stir in the Splenda. Beat together the eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract.

Using a large metal spoon carefully fold the wet ingredients into the dry until well combined. The mixture should have a soft dropping consistency. Spoon into the prepared tins and bake for 25 mins. A skewer inserted should come out clean when cooked

Cool for 5 mins in the tin and then turn out onto a wire rack. Remove the base lining and leave to cool.

Spread one cake with the jam and place the other on top. Dust with icing sugar and serve.

Serves 6
    Takes 10 mins to prepare
    30 mins to cook + 5mins for cooling
    42pp per recipe - 7pp per serving

Ingredients:
    Low-Fat Cooking Spray
    40g (1.5oz) cocoa, sifted
    175g (6oz) soft dark brown sugar
    125g (4.5oz) self-raising flour, sifted
    60g (2oz) low-fat spread, melted
    175ml (6fl. oz) skimmed milk
    300ml (10fl. oz) boiling water

Method:
    Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (160 degrees for fan-ovens, GM4) and spray a 9" baking tin with cooking spray.

In a mixing bowl, stir together half the cocoa with 125g of the sugar and the flour. Add the melted spread and the milk. Stir to mix well and scrape into baking dish.

Mix the rest of the cocoa and the sugar with the boiling water and pour this over the sponge mixture in the dish. Bake for 30mins during which the pudding will separate into a light sponge on top of a chocolate sauce. Cool for 5mins before serving.

Note: You could make them in ramekins if you wanted to be fancy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

wow the chocolate pud sounds yummie.....think I might try that this weekend!!!:D

Yeah, Lily, it's nice. Quite sweet actually. If you want it more chocolatey, add a bit more cocoa. I stuck to the recipe and found it a bit more syrupy than chocolatey but it was still delish :D

Made this tonight for a treat kids were still hungry after dinner! but it was yummy! very filling! the recipe was for a very small dish and mine was bigger so I just added more egg whites and pears and golden syrup! its a very filling and yummy! Im going to try using apple or plums and may be instead of coca powder seeing if I can use something else it very rich even though its so low enjoy! so worth it!
    Pear and chocolate pudding 3 PP serves 6
    10 mins prep 30 mins cooking

low fat cooking spray
    2 pears (I added 4) peeled and cored and chopped
    1 tablespoon of golden syrup (I used 2)
    3 eggs (I used 5 and I only used the egg whites just copping this now)
    75grams of caster sugar
    50g coca powder
    You will need a 1.5 litre shallow ovenproof dish
    1, preheat oven to gas mark 4/ 180oc/fan 160oc spray the dish with spray oil.
    2, arrange pears in dish and drizzel golden syrup ober the pears.
    3, place eggs and caster sugar in a bowl and beat on till thick and creamy (make sure you dont over beat it, it wont effect the taste or ruin it! just makes it harder to spread when after you add coca powder!)
    4, sift over coca powder and carefully fold in with a metal spoon! (you could leave out some of the coca powder if you like) spoon the mixture over the pears and bake for 25 to 30 minutes untill springy to touch, serve warm.

I got 8 servings from the one I made, could have got more but kids wanted big portions and so did hubby! lol

for an extra 1 pro point! per serving, mix 1 tbs of icing sugar in to 150g pot of 0% greek yougart with 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and serve 25g each!
    or I used about 25G of low fat cream in a can

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭LollieB25

Makes 12
    4 pp per serving

100g Low Fat Spread
    75g Dark Muscovado Sugar
    2 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
    175g Porridge Oats
    1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
    75g Dried Apple Chunks (Chopped into Bite size Pieces)
    25g Raisins/Currants

1. Preheat Oven to 170c and line a shallow tin with baking parchment
    2. Put the Low fat spread, sugar and syrup in a large, heavy based pan and heat gently, stirring occasionally, until melted and well blended.
    3. Mix in the Oats, Cinnamon, Apple Pieces and raisins/currants.
    4. Spread the Mixture into the prepared tin, level the top and bake for 15 mins. Leave to cool in tin before cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

3pp per cake

15 minutes to prepare
    25 minutes to cook
    makes 9

Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200 degree C/fan oven 180 degree C.
    Line 9 holes in a 12-hole bun tin with paper cake cases and set aside.
    Place 250g (9oz) rhubarb, chopped, in a pan with 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp artificial sweetener. Gently heat, covered, for 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender. Drain and set aside. Beat 100g (3 1/2oz) low fat spread with 2tbsp artificial sweetener, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Sift 110g (4oz) plain flour and 1 tsp baking powder together and stir into the liquid ingredients. Stir in the drained rhubarb. Spoon 1/2 the mixture into the cake cases, then spoon 1 tsp Weight Watchers Low Fat Fresh Custard into each cake case. Cover with the remaining mixture. Bake for 20 minutes, until risen and golden. Serve warm.

Makes 12, 26pp per Recipe, 2pp per tart

Ingredients:
    240g Pack Puff Pastry
    250ml (9fl ox) Skimmed Milk, plus a little extra for brushing
    2 Egg Yolks
    25g (1oz) Caster Sugar, plus 1/4 tsp for sprinkling
    1tsp Cornflour
    Seeds from 1/2 Vanilla Pod
    1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
    1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg

Method:
    Preheat the oven to GM6/200C/Fan 180C. Place the pastry on a work surface and roll out to about 3mm thick. Using an 8cm pastry cutter, cut out 12 circles and use to line a muffin tin (There will be about 80g of pastry left over).

Put a fairy cake case on top of the pastry in each hole and fill them with baking beans. Cook in the oven for 10-12 mins, then remove the beans and cases and brush the pastry with skimmed milk. Return to the oven for a further 5 mins. Remove and cool on a wire rack. The pastry will have risen slightly so use a teaspoon to push the middles down.

In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and cornflour. In a saucepan, heat the milk to boiling point, then pour it over the egg mixture, whisking as you go. Return to a clean pan and add the vanilla pod seeds. Continue to cook, stirring, until the custard has thickend and fully coats the back of a spoon. Do not allow it to boil.

Pour the custard into the party cases and allow to set for one hour. Mix the cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/4 tsp sugar together in a small bowl. When the custard is set, sprinkle over the tarts before serving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 little miss muffet

Hi all, I am now to this thread and am delighted to see all the yummy recipes. I also follow the WW PP and have reached my goal weight so I am on maintenance now.
    Can I ask are these recipes from WW? Are the propoints correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Anything with condensed milk? I have the meringues on another thread as hadn't seen it but I'm pointing each one at a point. 4 egg whites and 75g caster sugar beaten to stiff peaks and thrown in the oven! 100.c for ten mins, turn them down and leave them hours and hours...made more today, yum!

Hi all, I am now to this thread and am delighted to see all the yummy recipes. I also follow the WW PP and have reached my goal weight so I am on maintenance now.

I'm sure tho any are, we are all on the pro points plan so any I post are deffo pp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

Hi guys just wondering does anybody hav sum nice WW reciepes 4 Chocolate cakes/brownies or muffins even sumthing low in pp hav a party fri nyt and wanted 2 make a healthy treat that if im snacking on know how many pp in them, Oh and if the level of diffculty was easy also much appreciated as im no Darina Allen haha :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hi guys just wondering does anybody hav sum nice WW reciepes 4 Chocolate cakes/brownies or muffins even sumthing low in pp hav a party fri nyt and wanted 2 make a healthy treat that if im snacking on know how many pp in them, Oh and if the level of diffculty was easy also much appreciated as im no Darina Allen haha :D:D:D:D:D:D

Please refrain from using text speak on these forums. It makes it very difficult to understand you. Thanks.

Faith wrote: »
    Please refrain from using text speak on these forums. It makes it very difficult to understand you. Thanks.
    OH SORRY DIDN'T REALISE IT WAS THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND!

I will have a look in my WW book I have my sons christening on Saturday so am the same cooking my self so I can control the PP
    I have a strawberry cheese cake recipe, you know a pavlova would be low as well I have a recipe for that as well not chocolate I know LOL

Some of the recipes are from ppl on WW, not WW themselves. The pp would be correct as pointed by the person who made them, but I always point stuff again at home when I'm making them as you might be using a different brand etc to someone else, so the points could be slightly different! I like to play it safe with homemade stuff :D

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Some of the recipes are from ppl on WW, not WW themselves. The pp would be correct as pointed by the person who made them, but I always point stuff again at home when I'm making them as you might be using a different brand etc to someone else, so the points could be slightly different! I like to play it safe with homemade stuff :D

very true, I do that also as some times you get a shock as it could be higher but generally I can find an alternative to make them more ww friendly and lower in PP

Baby75 wrote: »
    I will have a look in my WW book I have my sons christening on Saturday so am the same cooking my self so I can control the PP
    I have a strawberry cheese cake recipe, you know a pavlova would be low as well I have a recipe for that as well not chocolate I know LOL
    Ya it's easier that way i find to contrl your PP. Ya made pavlova 4 the first time loast week it was yummy but now have a longing for something chocolatey that wont "eat" into my pro points pardon the pun lol :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Ya it's easier that way i find to contrl your PP. Ya made pavlova 4 the first time loast week it was yummy but now have a longing for something chocolatey that wont "eat" into my pro points pardon the pun lol :D:D:D:D

These might be worth checking out

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2006/02/valentines-dessert-2-fatfree-and.html

They're vegan and were pointed on the old system but she includes the calories/fat/fibre so you could propoint them.

Can't vouch for them as haven't made them myself but I've made a few of her other recipes and they usually work out well. She uses flax seeds as a binder instead of egg, not sure what affect that would have on points.

Advertisement