Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

ali85 wrote: »
    We bought some of that in Gorey yesterday... my OH is a self confessed chocoholic so he couldnt wait to try it. Tescos have a deal on at the moment... €1 for either the big pot or the 4 small ones... Needless to say we got both! haha! I wanted the 4 small pots so i can be gaurenteed that im only using 2pp worth hahaha!

Hope you all had a lovely mothers day... I got spoilt rotten.... :) and thankfully the only chocolate i got was a 5 pack of curly wurlys... :)

The small pots are handy for convenience sake but I actually find the big tub better for encouraging you to use less points as a 30g serving (which spreads generously over 3 rice cakes) is only 1pp as opposed to smothering them with the entire content of the pot for 2pp just coz it appears more convenient!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the mums :) Ali I love when someone gets me a present that is WW friendly. Last year for my birthday my mum got me a packet of WW caramel wafer bars which I love!

I'm heading out for dinner tomorrow and was wondering what would people choose as a main course from this menu?

http://www.mpbpub.com/bar_menu.html

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the mums :) Ali I love when someone gets me a present that is WW friendly. Last year for my birthday my mum got me a packet of WW caramel wafer bars which I love!

I'm heading out for dinner tomorrow and was wondering what would people choose as a main course from this menu?

http://www.mpbpub.com/bar_menu.html[/QUOTE]

See im a wagon for steak so I would go for that and just be wary of the trimmings.... but aside from the steak I would go for the sea bass... just ask for the butter sauce on the side... the salmon seems ok too but salmon aint really my cuppa cha! :P

You could also go for the veggie menu... that pasta dish sounds DELISH! :) would still be steak all day for me though... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »

http://www.mpbpub.com/bar_menu.html

If you are a fish person (which I am not, yuck!), you could go for the seabass without the butter sauce (or have it on the side) or the salmon. I personally would go for the steak (and if in a ww mood) with vegetables or salad. The stew might be a reasonable option aswell or the roast beef with gravy on the side and a small bit of potatoes, you could ask for boiled potatoes rather than roast :) Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately I'm not a fish person. I wish I was as it would make this weight loss journey so much easier. I think I might go for the steak but my problem is when I get there and I see other people's meals I always tend to just go for what I like :rolleyes: I'll let you know how it goes and hopefully I won't do too much damage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

Can someone please keep me away from beer???? I was away for the weekend and to say propoints went out the window is putting it mildly! Too many beers = pizza and crisps and all things bad for me

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Okay guys - don't know if there's an easier way to do this but here's the recipe:

40pp per recipe
    123 calories per cupcake
    15mins to prepare
    20-22 minutes to cook
    Makes 12
    Nut Free

Tip: Use fresh or frozen berries - any mixture of raspberries, blueberries, blackberries or redcurrants

100g (3 1/2oz) self raising flour
    15g (1/2oz) cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    100g (3 1/2oz) low fat spread
    100g (3 1/2oz) caster sugar
    2 eggs
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    60g (2oz) fresh or frozen berries (no need to thaw if frozen)

To decorate:
    100g (3 1/2oz) low fat soft cheese
    2tsp caster sugar
    2-3 drops vanilla extract
    12 raspberries

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180C/Fan 160. Put 12 silicone or paper bun cases into a bun tin.

2.Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the low fat spread, sugar, unbeaten eggs and vanilla extract then use a wooden spoon to vigorously beat the mixture together until smooth - this should only take 1-2mins. Stir in the fruit.

3. Spoon the mixture into the bun cases. Transfer to middle shelf of the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes until risen and firm. Cool on a wire rack.

4. To decorate, beat the low fat soft cheese with the sugar and vanilla extract until smooth. Pipe or spoon on top of the buns and decorate with raspberries.

(I skipped step 4 and used chocolate philadelphia as my cupcake icing and it was yummy! :D )

4pp per slice
    43pp per recipe
    181 calories per slice
    20mins to prepare
    55-60mins to cook
    Serves 10

Tip: This recipe is gluten and wheat free though just use regular plain flour if this is not an issue for you. You could use prepared fresh pineapple instead of canned pineapple in which case you will need 140g (5oz)

80g (3oz) low fat spread
    80g (3oz) caster sugar
    227g can pineapple rings in natural juice, drained and chopped
    1 small banana, mashed
    1 large egg, beaten
    1tsp vanilla extract
    60g (2oz) white chocolate, chopped
    150g (5+1/2oz) gluten and wheat free plain flour
    1+1/2 tsp baking powder

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180C/Fan 160. Line a 450g (1lb) loaf tin with baking parchment.

2. Melt the low fat spread and sugar over a low heat ensuring it doesn't get too hot. Pour into a mixing bowl and cool for a few minutes then stir in the pineapple and banana. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then half the chopped chocolate.

3. Sift the flour and baking powder together, then stir into the mixture. Transfer to the prepared tin, then bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 55mins-1 hour or until a fine skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.

4. To decorate, melt the remaining chocolate in a heatproof bowl placed over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Drizzle over teh cooled cake using a teaspoon, then serve.

(This is such a lovely fruity cake - just gorgeous with a cup of tea. I made the mistake of bringing it up to my mother-in-law so she could have a slice and I came home with an empty tin! :rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 evadiva

Burnt out from boozing over the weekend, but back on the ww wagon today. Food wise I was ok, wish I could say the same about the drink.

Really enjoyed my weekend but I'm actually glad to be back to "normal" today.

Good luck with wi's this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

what a weekend.... seems to have lasted about a week.... I'm not even going to make all my confessions about my weekend indulgences... it would take too long, and the list is manic... I did track them all though, and i suspect it means I've used dailies, weeklies, activity points, bfeeding points... you name it, If it's a point I ate it!
    As someone else said though, it's life- has to be lived, and we're all going to find ourselves in situations where there's not ww friendly choices around, and we need to get on with it. The important thing is making up for bad choices, and following them with good ones. I've done plenty walking this weekend, and I intend to continue that all week, along with a couple of swims, and aqua aerobics too. Tomorrow is a new day, and I'll be starting afresh!

two of my friends have birthdays this week, and I've chosen to have them a little partay... there'll be snax, curly wurlys, and some other ww friendly party food. I was looking at the ww magazine the other day, theres a recipe for "fruity pop-choc bars"- choc, looks like a somewhat low cal version of rocky road- 2 pts a piece, and can be frozen. noone will sneeze at having a few of those on the party food table! I'll make them tomorrow and let you guys know how they turn out! I'll also be making a birthday cake, but it'll be after my weigh in, so i'll have a whole new set of weeklies at my disposal by then, and i've nothing on next weekend, so that's ok.

Good luck to everyone with this weeks weigh ins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello everyone!!

Great catching up with you all!! Again for the millionth time it seems i have a blow out because the scales didnt show my good work!!! But i mean it I am so taking this seriously this time. I decided to have hot meals for lunch and it just seems to feel me up for longer. Back to the gyms too as of yday!!

So jealous that you guys get choccy philli they dnt do it over here!! NOOOO!!!

Thanks to JudyD for the cake recipes!! gonna try them out at the weekend!!

@Taz1- Could you possibly post up the scone recipe again with the sweetener would love to try them!!

Happy Paddys Day and Mothers Day to all (even if its late) the Shamrock was drowned over here thats for sure..!!

Best of luck wit the WI- its only 1 weekend in the whole process try think of it like that ladies and gents!!! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Lads and Ladies,

Can anyone tell me, when you reach goal and you have to maintain it for a week to get your goldcard. Do you have to maintain the weight you're at or just stay below goal?

Hope everyone had a fab weekend. xx

Ah folks.... Im in dire need of some motivation!

I have totally lost my mojo!

I am feeling like what's the point??? Which is stupid because I have lost 18.5lb since Jan, have lost every week bar two or three weeks of STS... The only thing I can point to is its post paddys weekend guilt or something, but I just feel meh! There is no word for it except meh!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tubbydave

I am feeling like what's the point??? Which is stupid because I have lost 18.5lb since Jan, have lost every week bar two or three weeks of STS... The only thing I can point to is its post paddys weekend guilt or something, but I just feel meh! There is no word for it except meh!!!

Youve said it yourself thats stupid to be thinking like that 18.5lb since jan is a great weight loss, in fact its way over a stone you should be feeling great...
    i only started last week so its my very first weigh in where hopefully i will have lost tonight so fingers crossed.

keep you chin up and remember you have lost over a stone so far thats amazing!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies,

Can anyone tell me, when you reach goal and you have to maintain it for a week to get your goldcard. Do you have to maintain the weight you're at or just stay below goal?

You have to maintain for 4 weeks to get your gold card, but you don't have to pay from the time you reach goal. I think you have to stay at goal or below for that time, but I'm not 100% sure of that. :cool:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Elliejo wrote: »
    You have to maintain for 4 weeks to get your gold card, but you don't have to pay from the time you reach goal. I think you have to stay at goal or below for that time, but I'm not 100% sure of that. :cool:

Thanks, hopefully I'll find out tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

I'm the same - started going off the rails on sunday and havent stopped. Even though I'm being weighed tonight I still cant get back into the mindframe. Had a bigger bowl of cereal than usual for breakfast, and a rice crispie square and hot chocolate for break. My head is just melted. I am expecting a definite gain tonight, and am hoping its only a pound or 2. Its like i need a slap in the face or something to get me back into it. 16lbs since jan and i dont want it to go back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ajen2012

It seems like u gettin on well with the weight watchers.
    Its been about a year and a half since i been to weight watchers class, at thet time it was the old point system and i found it great.

In the last 3 weeks i have been following the new point system with my housemates books but havent been to any class, i have the calculator and really think i am doing it right, only thing is i not realy eating my points every day. I am just wondering would this make a difference as i dont seem to be loosing but yet not eating all the points.
    Any advice??

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Wow, well I got a bit of a surprise when I stepped on the scales this morning at WI to find that I was down 4lbs and reached a provisional goal! I honestly wasn't sure if I'd lose anything this week or if I did that it'd only be a pound at most! Delighted :D Good luck ya'll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ck83

These weeks happen. The most important thing is to go to your weigh in. Then it's new week. New tracker. Forget the week(end) gone, and aim for your next goal.

• Advertisement

thanks Tiny, CK & Tubbydave....

I have WI tomorrow and short of falling asleep right now and staying asleep until tomorrows WI with a vibrobelt attached to my belly I can honestly say I am going to be up.

I am like you TinyPenguin, I totally need a kick in the backside and a shove back onto the wagon. I have a hens in May and I have ordered the hens gear in a size 10-12.... so i have to get the aul backside in gear and back on the wagon. I am just about in a size 12 now. 14 too big and 12 just that little bit too tight.

I feel a lot better knowing that its not just me thats feeling demotivated this week. It makes me feel like less of a failure... Im determined not to fall off the wagon this time. Thanks folks!

It's not easy ali but you're doing so great so stay with us here eh? The more on the wagon the merrier!! :D I'm fairly nervous of the scales myself today but I figure whats life without the ups and downs! In this case we're all looking for more down's than up's but you get my drift. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Hi all,

I have another question! I have just realized that I may have been overpointing myself over the past few weeks. Can someone confirm something for me please? If I make a dish that totals 4 pp but I get about 4-5 servings out of it, how do I point it? I have been pointing 4pp every time I have a serving but I don't think that's correct. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Oh, also, I have just discovered something so delicious and low in points for a snack! Rvita now do black pepper crackers. They're less points than cream crackers and so much tastier. They come in little packs of 6 crackers, inside the main box, and 6 of them point at 4pp. They're delicious with low low cream cheese on as a snack. Nom!
    http://www.ryvita.co.uk/products/crackers-for-cheese/ryvita-black-pepper

cosmic wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have another question! I have just realized that I may have been overpointing myself over the past few weeks. Can someone confirm something for me please? If I make a dish that totals 4 pp but I get about 4-5 servings out of it, how do I point it? I have been pointing 4pp every time I have a serving but I don't think that's correct. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Oh, also, I have just discovered something so delicious and low in points for a snack! Rvita now do black pepper crackers. They're less points than cream crackers and so much tastier. They come in little packs of 6 crackers, inside the main box, and 6 of them point at 4pp. They're delicious with low low cream cheese on as a snack. Nom!
    http://www.ryvita.co.uk/products/crackers-for-cheese/ryvita-black-pepper

If the total recipe equals 4 - then you divide that by the number of servings it is. So a total recipe =4pp but you get 4 servings then each serving is worth 1. Dont forget to round up for the pp, anything 0.5 of a pp or over best to count as 1

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Hey everyone :)

Hope ye had a lovely weekend.. I was down another 0.5lb today :P seems to be all I lose lately but its all in the right direction.. Sunday morning I went running (that can be read as a slow jog maybe a brisk walk hehe) and using them outdoor gyms for adults in the park in between laps felt great about it and helped me feel less guilty about the big bbq we had Sunday evening was such a lovely summery feel to it hehe and hopefully we get a few more of them evenings :)

Anyway Just finished my soup and roll and having a knorr season and shake for dinner so a good start to the week!!

Good luck to everyone weighing in!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

If the total recipe equals 4 - then you divide that by the number of servings it is. So a total recipe =4pp but you get 4 servings then each serving is worth 1. Dont forget to round up for the pp, anything 0.5 of a pp or over best to count as 1

Great, thanks so much tiny!

I love this thread, everyone's so helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Was ridiculously awful this weekend and I have by best friends hen next weekend!! Ugh life getting in the way of weight loss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all, just wondering how do you all work out the activity points for swimming?:D

Feel like im gonna pass out - I shouldnt have come to work. Am in no mood for my class tonight being this ill but I know if I dont go and stay for the meeting I'm not gonna be able to get back on the wagon properly!
    I hate being sick!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 EveMT

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Lads and Ladies,

Hey Das Kitty, once you get goal you dont have to pay as long as you stay within 5 pounds of your goal weight at a time ! losing weight on it isn't a problem, as long as its healthy! Good luck to you, I was goal for a year and christmas/ college weight boosted me back up 10 pounds :eek: so aiming to be back to goal by summer :D

For everyone else, just read about a fabb cravies kicker on this really great lifestyle blog called the londoner! If you freeze banana slices, whiz them up in a blender and add your choice of flavour eg cinamon and vanilla, or a heaped tbsp of choc powder for 2 or perhaps maple syrup for 2 then you get a delicious frozen dessert really similar to ice cream! add some chopped strawberries, blackberries or pineapple top and it can be a really healthy dessert or alternative to a smoothie if you dont want to waste extra points on a yogurt!

I'm trying it tonight and fingers crossed it goes well :P

Hope everyone's WIs go as planned this week! trying my first ever F&H day today and have to say I've really noticed the difference :) not nearly as much cravies or tummy rumbles :o

xxxxxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement