Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Dinner.. Mash, sugar free beans & 3 veg fingers!! Worth every 1 of the 11pp's!! Think it's going to b a good week!! :)��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Best thing I have bought recently is one of those grill pans for the hob. Just had a gorgeous piece of salmon sprinkled with paprika and grilled with some slices of aubergine and courgette and crushed potato with garlic and herb philli light - all for 10pp. Was delish! WI tomorrow and very very nervous as usual! Hope everyone is getting on well!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey Befriend! I think these are old points values as there in half points and with pp there isn't half points. When I was doing the old programme Wine Gums were 2.5 a roll that's what makes me think! If your not 100% sure I'd work out the Fruit Pastilles from the Nutritional Info. On the old points they were 3points a tube so I would say that they are 5pp now :eek: Hope I'm not the bearer of bad news if you've pointed from this list for other things :o I could be wrong best to get a 2nd opinion :p

Yep they're the old points but in case there's anyone doing the old points some of them are wrong. Fruit pastilles are 2.5 points. The best thing is to point your favourite individually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Here's the propoints for chocolate (thanks to Lady Lainy!)

Aero = 7 pp
    Aero Mint = 7 pp
    Aero Bubbles = 5 pp
    Aero Bubbles Caramel = 5 pp
    Aero Bubbles Mint = 6 pp
    Carmel/cream egg mini's = 2 pp
    Crème Egg = 6 pp

Chocolate Mallows (1 mallow) = 2 pp
    Dairy Milk (long skinny bar) = 3 pp
    Dairy Milk Chocolate Buttons = 5 pp
    Chocolate Fingers = 1pp each
    Cadburys Caramel Mini = 2 pp

Chomp = 3 pp
    Crunchie Mini = 2 pp
    Crunchie, 1 standard bar = 5 pp
    Curlywurly (26g) = 3 pp
    Dime Bars Regular size = 4 pp
    Double Decker (1 standard Bar) = 6 pp
    Flake (1 standard bar) = 5 pp
    Flyte Bar = 5 pp

Galaxy = 7 pp
    Galaxy Caramel = 6 pp
    Galaxy Bubbles = 5 pp
    Galaxy Minstrels = 6 pp
    Galaxy Carmel Cake Bars = 3 pp

Kit Kat 4 fingers = 6 pp
    Kit Kat 2 fingers = 3 pp
    Kit Kat Chunky = 7 pp

Kit Kat Senses = 5 pp
    Kit Kat Chunky, peanut = 7 pp

Maltesers (funsize bag) = 3 pp
    Malteaser Bunny = 4 pp
    Maltesers (1 standard bag) = 5 pp
    Mars Bar = 7 pp
    Moro = 9 pp
    Moro Mini = 3 pp
    Munchies = 7 pp

Milky Bar = 5 pp
    Milky Way White Buttons = 5 pp
    Milky Way White Choc Bar = 4 pp
    Milky Way Bar = 3 pp
    Milky Way Crisp Rolls = 4 pp

Picnic (1 standard bar) = 6 pp
    Smarties = 5 pp
    Snack Shortcake = 6 pp
    Snack Sandwich = 4 pp
    Snack Wafer = 5 pp
    Special K bars = 2 pp
    Tasters = 7 pp
    Time Out (2 fingers) = 5 pp
    Toffee crisp clusters 100g = 14 pp
    Twirl Mini = 3 pp
    Twirl (2 fingers) = 6 pp

Twix - one finger = 4 pp
    Wispa = 6 pp
    Yorkie = 10 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Just tucking into a big bowl of chicken, lots of veggies and a packet of Ainsley Harriet Spice Sensation cous cous! I have to say it is the yummiest dinner I have had in a very long time! And for 5pp for 100g it's a great alternative to rice!

My parents treated the family to a take away tonight, I made a quick exit down to the gym and made sure they were finished by the time I got home! Anything to resist temptation =)

Weigh in tomorrow evening, nervous as hell, like ALWAYS!!!!

Best of look to everyone for the coming week =)

• Advertisement

Thats great list of the chocolate! Thanks :-) Wanted to know what the peanut kit kat chunky is like cos I am dying to try one - that and the orange one!

Got all the way to the gym tonight - got changed and then realised that I had left my runners at home. Must have looked like an idiot putting my coat on and leaving straight away. Gonna spend an hour on my stepper tonight instead but am pretty mad at myself over it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Thats great list of the chocolate! Thanks :-) Wanted to know what the peanut kit kat chunky is like cos I am dying to try one - that and the orange one!!

Me too! But was waiting to find out propoints before I indulged! Thanks Eabhabear & Lady Lainy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

rawwrrrr wrote: »
    hi guys, i'm a newbie who'd love to join the thread :)

i've been following the thread for a while now, and this is my third attempt at ww. i'm doing it myself, not going to meetings, so sometimes extra motivation is needed!

I'm currently weighing 9.6, which may not seem like a lot, but it's the heaviest I've ever been. I'm very small in height so I think I look dumpy at the minute, and that combined by not fitting into some of my clothes has ultimately drove me to the diet!

I absolutely love food and have a huge appetite (something I get a little embarrassed about!) and have a massive sweet tooth.

Here's to the journey!

Hi Rawwrrrr!
    Welcome to the thread!....
    'Tis my second time on the WW journey....Half a stone down with about 3.5 to go, but feeling good for it in general...So even if the weight is moving slowly, the health is definitely better...
    Best of luck with it! This thread is a great help!

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Here's the propoints for chocolate (thanks to Lady Lainy!)

Aero = 7 pp
    Aero Mint = 7 pp
    Aero Bubbles = 5 pp
    Aero Bubbles Caramel = 5 pp
    Aero Bubbles Mint = 6 pp
    Carmel/cream egg mini's = 2 pp
    Crème Egg = 6 pp

Chocolate Mallows (1 mallow) = 2 pp
    Dairy Milk (long skinny bar) = 3 pp
    Dairy Milk Chocolate Buttons = 5 pp
    Chocolate Fingers = 1pp each
    Cadburys Caramel Mini = 2 pp

Chomp = 3 pp
    Crunchie Mini = 2 pp
    Crunchie, 1 standard bar = 5 pp
    Curlywurly (26g) = 3 pp
    Dime Bars Regular size = 4 pp
    Double Decker (1 standard Bar) = 6 pp
    Flake (1 standard bar) = 5 pp
    Flyte Bar = 5 pp

Galaxy = 7 pp
    Galaxy Caramel = 6 pp
    Galaxy Bubbles = 5 pp
    Galaxy Minstrels = 6 pp
    Galaxy Carmel Cake Bars = 3 pp

Kit Kat 4 fingers = 6 pp
    Kit Kat 2 fingers = 3 pp
    Kit Kat Chunky = 7 pp

Kit Kat Senses = 5 pp
    Kit Kat Chunky, peanut = 7 pp

Maltesers (funsize bag) = 3 pp
    Malteaser Bunny = 4 pp
    Maltesers (1 standard bag) = 5 pp
    Mars Bar = 7 pp
    Moro = 9 pp
    Moro Mini = 3 pp
    Munchies = 7 pp

Milky Bar = 5 pp
    Milky Way White Buttons = 5 pp
    Milky Way White Choc Bar = 4 pp
    Milky Way Bar = 3 pp
    Milky Way Crisp Rolls = 4 pp

Picnic (1 standard bar) = 6 pp
    Smarties = 5 pp
    Snack Shortcake = 6 pp
    Snack Sandwich = 4 pp
    Snack Wafer = 5 pp
    Special K bars = 2 pp
    Tasters = 7 pp
    Time Out (2 fingers) = 5 pp
    Toffee crisp clusters 100g = 14 pp
    Twirl Mini = 3 pp
    Twirl (2 fingers) = 6 pp

Twix - one finger = 4 pp
    Wispa = 6 pp
    Yorkie = 10 pp

Cheers Eabhabear! - That's really handy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 kyetreeohna

Hi all, just wondering about where you measure your waist. Some say at the narrowest point and others say at belly button. This has confused me for some time now so putting it out there to see if ye are any the wiser , cheers!

Hi all, just wondering about where you measure your waist. Some say at the narrowest point and others say at belly button. This has confused me for some time now so putting it out there to see if ye are any the wiser , cheers!

I've been wondering the same - tried to do it tonight but the measurements I got do not add up with the clothes size I fit comfortably into at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Down 1lb!! I'm in the 11s!! OMG so fricking happy!!

Goal is in touching distance!! :)

Good weeks inspire me to be even better the following week!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Well done Lisa! WI tomorrow for me, bit of a wobble last night so went for a walk this morning and going spinning tonight for the first time EVER to make up for it! Fingers crossed it'll help!

Keep going now, you're doing great!

Thats brilliant lisa! Good work :-)

Well Done Lisa_Celtic - Congratulations!!!! :)
    My WI this eve but not sure how good the results will be due to TOTM but was very good this week so hoping to see some negative figure anyway!

According to the 'stop the spread' campaign - for the most accurate result measure halfway between your lowest rib and the top of your hipbone, roughly in line with your belly button. They've a video to show you on their website: http://www.safefood.eu/Stop-The-Spread.aspx

JudyD wrote: »
    Well Done Lisa_Celtic - Congratulations!!!! :)
    My WI this eve but not sure how good the results will be due to TOTM but was very good this week so hoping to see some negative figure anyway!

According to the 'stop the spread' campaign - for the most accurate result measure halfway between your lowest rib and the top of your hipbone, roughly in line with your belly button. They've a video to show you on their website: http://www.safefood.eu/Stop-The-Spread.aspx

I measured myself there and according to the results I should be a size 22-24 in clothes. I am nowhere near that I am comfortably a size 16 in 90% of shops - in the occasional place the 16 may be a bit tight but the 18 a bit loose and I go for the 18 for comfort (not anymore encouraging me to get bigger rather than smaller) and in other shops I would fit into a 14. I really think I am doing it wrong :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Well done Lisa. I cannot wait to be in the 11s can't remember the last time I was. Still 1st 5lbs to go until I am. Tomorrow is ny first WI and am hoping to lose 3. I can only imagine how happy I will b to finally get under 12st:-) best of luck in reaching ur goal x

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Had my WI, up a lb. :( was disappointed but I knew that my weight hadn't gone down any on my scales at home for over a week. I kinda slacked off tracking this week so that's probably to blame as well as not starting exercising yet. Well just going to get on with this week and not dwell on it. I'm only 5lbs away from my first stone so just going to reach for that! Well done everyone who has had a loss this week.

I measured myself there and according to the results I should be a size 22-24 in clothes. I am nowhere near that I am comfortably a size 16 in 90% of shops - in the occasional place the 16 may be a bit tight but the 18 a bit loose and I go for the 18 for comfort (not anymore encouraging me to get bigger rather than smaller) and in other shops I would fit into a 14. I really think I am doing it wrong :confused:

That is such a pain! I'm in pretty much the same boat except I'm in 16-20 range. Makes buying anything online difficult unless I know the brand - roll on weight loss with ww!!! Do you mind me asking what your using to calculate the resulting sizes?

JudyD wrote: »
    That is such a pain! I'm in pretty much the same boat except I'm in 16-20 range. Makes buying anything online difficult unless I know the brand - roll on weight loss with ww!!! Do you mind me asking what your using to calculate the resulting sizes?

Any of the clothes websites have a conversion from inches to sizes - I used a couple and they all came out pretty close. I just want to know where I am going wrong with measuring myself cos it just doesnt add up!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Boop22 wrote: »
    Well done Lisa. I cannot wait to be in the 11s can't remember the last time I was. Still 1st 5lbs to go until I am. Tomorrow is ny first WI and am hoping to lose 3. I can only imagine how happy I will b to finally get under 12st:-) best of luck in reaching ur goal x

I can not remember the 11s either... I think I skipped them somewhere blurry between the "starvin marvin" teenage years and the "drinking every night beer belly" collage years hehe great to be in them I have my goal set at 11 stone but thinking 10st 10lb would be my real goal :)

Good luck with W.I every one... I have really slowed down from losing 4s n 5s a week to anywhere between 0.5 and 1lb... so dont be disheartened by small numbers they all ad up and are a step in the right direction!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey Befriend! I think these are old points values as there in half points and with pp there isn't half points. When I was doing the old programme Wine Gums were 2.5 a roll that's what makes me think! If your not 100% sure I'd work out the Fruit Pastilles from the Nutritional Info. On the old points they were 3points a tube so I would say that they are 5pp now :eek: Hope I'm not the bearer of bad news if you've pointed from this list for other things :o I could be wrong best to get a 2nd opinion :p

Hey!!

Aww thanks for the feedback, I had been looking at them on my mobile and never checked them oops! I better be more careful from now on. That chocolate list that was originally from Lainy looks amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Hi there! My narrowest point is at my belly button! I was not aware there was a dillema such as this?! :D

Had my WI, up a lb. :( was disappointed but I knew that my weight hadn't gone down any on my scales at home for over a week. I kinda slacked off tracking this week so that's probably to blame as well as not starting exercising yet. Well just going to get on with this week and not dwell on it. I'm only 5lbs away from my first stone so just going to reach for that! Well done everyone who has had a loss this week.

Ah not to worry WW, (that's for WestWing not WeightWatchers :p) It happens to us all. The main thing is to keep on going towards that goal. One lb is nothing in the grans scheme of things, so don't loose the faith x

Hi guys! I can't remember who had mentioned they were doing the Davina video, but I have had the same one for about 3 years and it's just fab. Granted I haven't done it in about a year & did it there the other night. Oh the pain of it all, especially the thighs! Ouchy! But good ouchy! Shows that I have not moved those muscles in a loonnggg time :-) Made some Oatmeal Cookies over the weekend for 2PP each, they're quite yummy I have to say! And definitely scave off any mental sweetness cravings when having with a cuppa :-) Will post recipe on my blog later on. Hope everyone is well! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hey all..

First off, thanks Kay80 for giving me the pp for my friend, much appreciated!

Glad to see everyone is doing well, I have been awful this week (my oh is staying in Dublin during week due to work and I am bored at night) which has resulted in me just eating and eating!

I was nearly not gonna bother going to my WW class tonight but have decided to turn a negative into a positive. He is going to be away Mon-Fri every week for the forseeable future, I can either start piling on the weight and feel crap or I can look at it that while he is away I lose weight and feel a lot better!

So I am going to sit down later and work out a menu for the week and do a shop tomorrow.

On a different note, has anyone tried the filling and healthy days?
    If so is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

Hey everyone,

thanks for all the warm welcomes! I was wondering, how much carbs do you eat per day on ww? I'm trying to cut it down to only one set of carbs per day- eg serving of rice or pasta. It's proving difficult but I hope it shows on the scales!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

m'lady wrote: »
    Hey all..

First off, thanks Kay80 for giving me the pp for my friend, much appreciated!

Glad to see everyone is doing well, I have been awful this week (my oh is staying in Dublin during week due to work and I am bored at night) which has resulted in me just eating and eating!

I was nearly not gonna bother going to my WW class tonight but have decided to turn a negative into a positive. He is going to be away Mon-Fri every week for the forseeable future, I can either start piling on the weight and feel crap or I can look at it that while he is away I lose weight and feel a lot better!

So I am going to sit down later and work out a menu for the week and do a shop tomorrow.

On a different note, has anyone tried the filling and healthy days?
    If so is it any good?

Oh I am the worst person when my OH is away. He was only away for 3 nights a few weeks ago and I managed to get through 2 takeaways, too much vodka to mention and other bold things. He is due to go away for 2 weeks for work so I have to cop on to myself. Might try and organise things around the house and in the kitchen.
    rawwrrrr wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

thanks for all the warm welcomes! I was wondering, how much carbs do you eat per day on ww? I'm trying to cut it down to only one set of carbs per day- eg serving of rice or pasta. It's proving difficult but I hope it shows on the scales!

I eat carbs with every meal but a few times I did try limiting carbs to just dinner and I found it easy enough for maybe 4 or 5 days but anything more than that and I would crack up. I would have fruit salad and yoghurt for breakfast and protein packed salad for lunch and then carbs with my dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Galwaystars

Reached goal weight last year, was on 29 propoints...haven't been to ww in 4 months ... just wondering who are ww advising to drop to 26 propoints?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Yummy dinner tonight. Chicken into a bag with carrots, garlic, onion and courgette with the season and shake (5pp per portion - 4pp for the chicken and 1pp for the season stuff) and on the side 4pp worth of straight to WOK noodles (2 packets divided into 3 portions) cooked in soy sauce, chilli and a small bit of garlic salt. YUM and i am so stuffed.

Galwaystars, I rejoined WW last week after about 6 months of a gap and was told that the new daily allowance was 26pp, but after asking about it on here, turns out most leaders are telling their classes that if 29pp's work for them, stick to that. If you aren't loosing anymore then try the 26pp.

• Advertisement

Any of the clothes websites have a conversion from inches to sizes - I used a couple and they all came out pretty close. I just want to know where I am going wrong with measuring myself cos it just doesnt add up!

@tiny_penguin: Just checked mine on some clothes websites as well and yeah they're totally skewed so no help to you there - sorry!

On the plus side down 3.5lbs today at WI - thrilled! :D
    On the negative - my little fella started making a fuss during the meeting so I had to leave (would hate to interrupt the talk for anyone else) so a bit peeved about that as its the time when I get my head straight for the rest of the week. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement