Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

ali85 wrote: »
    I was very productive today....

Made 4 soups for during the week...

Stuck the recipes up on my blog. http://alibx.blogspot.com/

Im still trying to get to grips with the blog thing... can't for the life of me get my pics uploaded onto it... Im such a nightmare... I can get them to upload to the blog thing but not onto the pages themselves... Ah nightmare!

Ah well... had a bad weekend exercise wise again... so concentrating on getting the food right. Going to get on the Wii fit tonight...
    Recipes look great! How much stock did you use for the Celery, Tomato and Apple soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

Thinking of hiring a cross trainer! Has anyone used one and do they have good results??

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Recipes look great! How much stock did you use for the Celery, Tomato and Apple soup?

I just spooned the stock in until i got to the consistency I like.. I don't like it too thick...

The stock was brilliant... it went soooo far and especially coz the stuff i put in it would have just gone into the brown bin anyway!

:D

Thinking of hiring a cross trainer! Has anyone used one and do they have good results??
    I bought one the last time I lost weight. They are definitely my favourite gym equipment, but I didn't use it enough to get the value out of it. Like everything, it becomes monotonousness after a while, though I tried to keep beating how many calories I burned to make it interesting. In the end it was relegated to the spare room, where it has stayed. It's a good idea to hire one for a while to see if you like it but I think either a gym membership/or fitness classes may be a better bet if you, like me, get bored of something quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

I bought one the last time I lost weight. They are definitely my favourite gym equipment, but I didn't use it enough to get the value out of it. Like everything, it becomes monotonousness after a while, though I tried to keep beating how many calories I burned to make it interesting. In the end it was relegated to the spare room, where it has stayed. It's a good idea to hire one for a while to see if you like it but I think either a gym membership/or fitness classes may be a better bet if you, like me, get bored of something quickly.

I dunno wat has happened me the last few weeks seem to have lost my stride I usually do aerobics 4 nights a week but haven't been in 3 weeks was thinking this might b something to get me back into the swing of exercise

• Advertisement

I dunno wat has happened me the last few weeks seem to have lost my stride I usually do aerobics 4 nights a week but haven't been in 3 weeks was thinking this might b something to get me back into the swing of exercise
    Well if you can hire one for a while and it's not too expensive then it might be a good way of getting your grove back. You may well have more success then me with it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey everyone!

Was looking for nutritional info online for Quorn mince and the quorn website has been updated with loads of new recipes

http://www.quorn.co.uk

They have done low fat versions of everything. Great to use as a guide if your looking for something different. I used to be vegetarian for years but eat meat now but I find it's a really good filling alternative and not as expensive. The mince goes a long way for little pp's. Even the OH doesn't know the difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

WI today and no change at all....

To he honest, that's fair enough though...I was picking a lot this week, and had more chocolate than I normally would....

Start of a new week, so onwards.....

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the low low cheese triangles? I'm looking for alternative meal ideas and just wondering what they're like.

I got the light cheese triangles from Aldi, same as the low low & laughing cow as far as I can tell. And only 1 point ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

I got the light cheese triangles from Aldi, same as the low low & laughing cow as far as I can tell. And only 1 point ;-)

What do they taste like? Are they like cheddar cheese or philadelphia? I'm not sure if I'll like them and don't want them to go to waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Eabhabear wrote: »
    What do they taste like? Are they like cheddar cheese or philadelphia? I'm not sure if I'll like them and don't want them to go to waste.

Like philadelphia but with a slight different taste, and blander in my opinion. Nice on crackers with something like tomatoe but I wouldn't personally like them on their own or on their own on crackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

;Just added some pics and jazzed up my blog.....

As for the measuring... im going to give it another week before i measure again.... its TOTM so im feeling quite yucky at the mo.... going to measure up again next saturday... hopefully i will see some decent movement[/QUOTE]

OOH must check out! I still have to update mine, tomorrow I think at this stage! You should do, I am delighted going to wait another 3 weeks to measure again!
    Well we did my measurements the other night & they seemed to be up by a half! Dunno what that's about as I'm down half a stone. Obviously not too good with a measuring tape! I get the OH to measure me, and I thought he was going to pee himself he was laughing so much! Sure I ended up in a heap laughing too then! The state of us haha :-)
    :D you will have to try again LOL

I got one for my birthday, its good I used to sit my labtop on the screen and watch a program or movie or somthing so I wouldnt get bored. I have to say Im getting more out of my wii and the EA active game

Well today my sister and I went for a hike in the wicklow mountains. we wanted to walk around prince williams seat, cloon woods it was meant to be 8k and 3 hour walk. well we walked futher ended up doing 10k in 4 hours, I was also carring my 10 month old ( my poor legs) he fell asleep so I didnt want to disturb him LOL. we were starving and had a treat after wards, not a very healthy one, but my first splurge since christmas day had some chocolate :) I figure with all the activity PP we earned today I am covered! but back on track, plus I still had loads of weeklies left.

I barley had eaten any of my weeklies last week or activity ones so seeing if I eat them I may see 2 pound or 1 even Lost 0.5 this week so still happy with that!

flipping feel a cold coming on, all I want is soup esp after all the lovely recipes posted on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

Was looking for nutritional info online for Quorn mince and the quorn website has been updated with loads of new recipes

http://www.quorn.co.uk

They have done low fat versions of everything. Great to use as a guide if your looking for something different. I used to be vegetarian for years but eat meat now but I find it's a really good filling alternative and not as expensive. The mince goes a long way for little pp's. Even the OH doesn't know the difference!

I was so surprised by how good propoint value the quorn mince is - I use it for bolognese, real mince is so high so its saved for a special occasion. Have to check out the recipes on there and get cooking :-)

Weekly dinner at my parents house and I think this is the time I find hardest. My dad loves cooking with lots of oil and butter and doesn't understand the concept of watching what you eat (though as he's getting older he is also getting wider, so might be about time to get on board). But tonight we had steak and mashed potato - first thing was I took out my potato before all the butter was added and I mashed my own 200g of potato with 1 spoon of WW cream and it was delicious. Also while making garlic butter for my dad and sister, i just held back some crushed garlic and parsley on its own and spread it on my steak - didnt need the butter at all!

Am a little bit worried cos I weighed myself in the gym (have to stop doing that) and while it was lower than I was at my WI it was higher than it said this time last sunday! Am gonna be super good between now and tuesday!!

ali85 wrote: »
    I was very productive today....

Made 4 soups for during the week...

Stuck the recipes up on my blog. http://alibx.blogspot.com/

Im still trying to get to grips with the blog thing... can't for the life of me get my pics uploaded onto it... Im such a nightmare... I can get them to upload to the blog thing but not onto the pages themselves... Ah nightmare!

Ah well... had a bad weekend exercise wise again... so concentrating on getting the food right. Going to get on the Wii fit tonight...

They look great - how many portions did you get out of each soup?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Casher

Well I had my ww@home weigh in this morning and I'm down another 1 3/4 lb despite TOTM. Thrilled. Hopefully will meet my mini goal of 1 stone down by end Feb. Only 2 more to go after that.
    Have my soup all ready for lunch and then must pop out to Tescos for this weeks OT recipe book.

Casher wrote: »
    Well I had my ww@home weigh in this morning and I'm down another 1 3/4 lb despite TOTM. Thrilled. Hopefully will meet my mini goal of 1 stone down by end Feb. Only 2 more to go after that.
    Have my soup all ready for lunch and then must pop out to Tescos for this weeks OT recipe book.
    That's great!! Well done you! How are you finding ww@home?

They look great - how many portions did you get out of each soup?

I got two decent portions of each. Have the tomato & pepper one with me today for lunch... really looking forward to digging in! :D

That's great!! Well done you! How are you finding ww@home?

I'm finding it really good. In part I think because I have decided this is what I need to do, and i'm in the 'ww zone'. When I'm out I'm making healthy choices, and not craving the unhealthy ones. When I want a drink at home I take out the weighing scales and measure the amount of wine I'm pouring into my glass (my scales can measure in ml).
    Because this is something I really want to do for me I am not finding it difficult to self motivate. I'm using the OT recipe books and now have a good selection of lower fat, pointed dinners and then I keep a close eye on this thread for extra recipes and motivation. I've lost 11.5lb total since 3rd Jan, so I must be doing something right:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Morning folks :)

Just checking in.. had a good weekend have 24 weeklies left over and WI tomorrow.. I have my meals planned out for today and there all big and healthy but only ad up to 21pp I hate having treats the day before weigh in so do ye think I could leave it at this just for today:
    Had my usual

Breakfast: 35g Strawberry Crunch with a low fat yogurt 5pp

Clemintine and a can of diet coke for break so 0pp

Lunch was 4pp of veg stock rice (yum!!) and sweet and sour veg 1pp (last nights left overs)

Dinner will be Chicken 4pp Veg 0pp Potatoes 6pp and a Knorr Shake Bag 1pp

11.5lb since 3rd Jan!! That's fantastic! You must be thrilled. Keep it up!

• Advertisement

11.5lb since 3rd Jan!! That's fantastic! You must be thrilled. Keep it up!

I am thrilled, and it's funny 'cause I didn't loose big the first week or two, I've just consistently lost around 2lb each week. Each week I think this'll be the week when it goes to a normal loss of .5 - 1lb, which I'd still be very pleased with, so long may my current trend continue :D

Last summer I 'tried to be good' and it took about 3 months to loose 5lb, much of it the same 2 - 3 lbs! That's why I realised I needed something like WW to get me going, but I'm too lazy to give up my evenings to go to a class. Luckily WW@home is working for me.

Casher wrote: »
    I am thrilled, and it's funny 'cause I didn't loose big the first week or two, I've just consistently lost around 2lb each week. Each week I think this'll be the week when it goes to a normal loss of .5 - 1lb, which I'd still be very pleased with, so long may my current trend continue :D

Last summer I 'tried to be good' and it took about 3 months to loose 5lb, much of it the same 2 - 3 lbs! That's why I realised I needed something like WW to get me going, but I'm too lazy to give up my evenings to go to a class. Luckily WW@home is working for me.

That us brilliant Casher!!! A few really good weeks at the start cancel out any STS or up 1 or 2lb as you go along....

you should be really proud of yourself....

I was very good today... had some fruit and crackers for my breakfast (3pp) then just had some of my 0pp soup (took the tomato & pepper one with me today) and a packet of treble crunch 3pp with more fruit... dinner is chicken and loadsa veggies... might even add some pepper sauce.... :D got the WW mash as well and its going down a treat! its only 2pp for 3 discs of it.

Im glad im being good during the day time because I am in the midst of TOTM and I know I will want to veg out later so i will still have 20pp for when I get home.... I usually have dinner at about 6:30 then crave something like toast at 9:30 or 10.... (to cuddle up with while watching Spartacus! (swwwoooooooon) )

Does anyone know how many pp are an Options Orange Hot Chocolate sachet? Just had one and it's nice. I know on the old system they were 1pt think.

Just had a timeout - was craving chocolate and I gave in. Worked it out to be 5pp for both fingers (if anyone else worked out anything different let me know) So i still have 12 left for the day. Having salmon for dinner so just gonna have loads of veg and maybe not have any carb with it

Just had a timeout - was craving chocolate and I gave in. Worked it out to be 5pp for both fingers (if anyone else worked out anything different let me know) So i still have 12 left for the day. Having salmon for dinner so just gonna have loads of veg and maybe not have any carb with it

I am on a mad fish buzz at the moment myself.... not too mad on salmon but I had some haddock on Thursday, sole on saturday and had scampi last night....

Just a note.... I love scampi and I had some from Iceland which I pointed at 5pp for about 7 pieces... once they are oven baked... but I got some from Aldi and they were 8pp for 100g (which worked out at about 5 pieces). I was lucky I had so many pp left yesterday evening, lucky for me I checked the pack to be 100% sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

evening all, have sod all motivation today, def went over the points at the weekend so trying to stay good till my wi on thursday at least im working the next 3 days so it will be easier to be good when i have some structure to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 40 befriend1

Hey folks

I hope you are all doing well. I had to move to a different class because of work and I am really missing my old group, they were so supportive and friendly. The new group is smaller and much quieter.. It's only for another two months so I hope it won't affect my motivation too much.

Here is a list of sweets values I found on minimins.com.. I have not tested them so maybe check 1 or 2 to be sure, but it is a good way to know which sweets are lower points anyway...

(I'm LOVING Rowntree's Fruit Patelles for 2 pp) YES I have a big sweet tooth. :pac::pac::pac:

Animal Mix – 215g 9.5 (4 = 1 point)
    Buttermints – 200g 13
    Bisc & Mars 3
    Cadbury’s Chocolate Eclairs – each 0.5
    Cadbury’s Chocolate Eclairs – 48g 4.5
    Cadbury’s Chocolate Eclairs – 165g 15
    Cadbury’s Chocolate Eclairs – 207g 18.5
    Candy Floss – 1 stick 1.5
    Candy Sticks 1 packet 1.5
    Cherry Drops – 48g per tube 2.5 (4 = 1 point)
    Chewits (multipack all flavours) 1.5
    Chuppa Chup Lollies 0.5
    Chocolate Iced Gems 3
    Cremosa Sugar Free Lolly 0.5
    Crispy M&M’s 3.5
    Delight Bar 1 pack of 2 5
    Drumstick Lollies small = 0.5
    standard = 1
    large = 2
    Dolly Mixtures, 1/2 bag 88g 5.5
    Everton Mints – 200g 12.5 (3 = 1 point)
    Flumps (giant) 0.5 (2 for 1.5)
    Forbidden Fruits (100g) 4.5
    Fox’s Fruit, 1 pkt 50g 3
    Fox’s Glacier Mints, 1 pkt, 50g 3
    Fruitella, Sugar Free, any flavour 0.5
    Fruit Pastilles 2
    Fruit Gums 2.5
    Fruit Bonbons(x2) 0.5
    Fruit Winders, 20g 1
    Flying Saucers (x5) 0.5
    Haribo Mini (from multipack) 1
    Haribo Star Mix 1/4 bag 3
    Haribo Fizzy Cola 1/4 bag 3
    Iced Gems 1.5
    Jelly Babies, 1/2 bag (88g) 4
    Jelly Beans , 1/4 bag (56g) 3.5
    Jelly Dinosaurs (per 1/2 bag,100g) 4.5
    Kinder Happy Hippo, 1 portion 2.5
    Liquorice Allsorts 1/4 bag 3
    Love Hearts , 1 tube 1.5
    Lockets 2.5
    Mentos, Sugar Free, 1 box, 32g 1.5
    Midget Gems 1/4 bag 2.5
    Mint Creams – 200g 10.5 (2 = 1 point)
    Murray Mints – 200g 12.5 (2 = 1 point)
    Maynards Wine Gums – 59g tube 2.5 (3 = 0.5)
    Maynards Light Wine Gums – 180g bag 5.5 (100g = 3)
    Maynards Wine Gums 1/4 bag 2.5 (2 = 0.5)
    Nestle Wine Gums 1 pack 1.5
    Nougat 113g 6.5
    Parma Violets (mini tube) 0.5
    Party Jellies (100g) 4,5
    Pear Drops – 200g 11 (5 = 1 point)
    Pez Candy 1 packet 0.5
    Polo Original, All flavours 1 2
    Polo Sugar free, 1 pkt 1
    Rainbow Drops, sml bag 14g 0.5
    Rainbow Drops, std bag 35g 1.5
    Rainbow drops, 80g 2.5
    Refresher Bars 1.5
    Rainbow Drops (Sml) 0.5
    Rowntree Jelly Tots per bag – 42.5g 2
    Rowntree Beetles and Butterflies per pack – 35g 1.5
    Rowntree Bursting Bugs per 4 sweets – 20.4g 1
    Rowntree Fruity Frogs per bag – 35g 1.5
    Rowntree Wiggley Worms per bag – 40g 2
    Rowntree Lollipop per sweet – 13g 0.5
    Rowntree Jungle Mix per ¼ bag – 48g 2
    Rowntree Sour Mix per ¼ bag – 48g 2
    Rowntree Tootie Fruities per bag – 45.1g 3
    Seaside Rock – 1 standard size 4.5
    Snakes – 215g 9 (3 = 1 point)
    Snakes (100g() 4
    Sherbert Dib Dab, 23g 1
    Sherbert Fountain 1.5
    Sherbet Lemons – 200g 12 (2 = 1 point
    Skittles 3.5
    Skittles, Mint 1 box 3
    Sugar Free Tunes 1 pack 1.5
    Starburst, Joosters 2.5
    Starburst, Sourburst 2
    Starburst, Smilers 1 large bag 10
    Starburst Sour Chews 1 tube 2
    Starburst Fruity Animals 1 funsize pack 0.5
    Starburst Sea Monsters 1/4 bag 2.5
    Starburst, Juicy Gums 1 large bag 1
    Starburst Sour Chews 1 tube 2
    Starburst Tropical Fruity Chews 3
    Starburst Orginal Fruity Chews 3
    Sugar Free Tunes 1 pack 1.5
    Sour Squirms – 215g 10 (4 = 1 point)
    Squirms (100g) 4.5
    Spearmint Imperials – 200g 11.5 (8 = 1 point)
    Sports Mix – 215g 11 per bag (3 for 0.5)
    Swizzels Matlow double lolly 0.5
    Tic Tacs, all flavours 1
    Toffifay (x1) 1 (or x5 = 4)
    )Toffee And Fudge Favourites – 215g 15
    Trebors Refreshers, 1 tube 2
    Trebors Refreshers (x5) 0.5
    Trebor Bassets Jelly Babies 1/4 bag 1.5
    Trebor Sugar Free Mints 1 box 1
    Toffee Bonbons (x2) 1
    Trebor Bassett Fizzy Cola Bottles 1/4 bag 1.5
    Tooty Fruities 1 mini bag 1
    Topic 5
    Tooty Fruities 1 mini bag 1
    Toffo Assorted per tube – 55g 5
    Toffo Liquorice per tube – 55g 5
    Toffo Mint per tube – 55g 4.5
    Toffo Original per tube – 55g 5
    Tunes 2
    Twix Top 1 bar 3
    Harry Potter Liquorice Wand 1.5
    Nestle Wine Gums 1 pack 1.5
    Nesquick Magic Straws + 250ml semi skimmed milk 2.5
    Nesquick Magic Straws + 250ml skimmed milk 1.5
    Werthers chocolates (x 1) 1
    Werthers Original 2 = 0.5
    Werthers Original, sugar free 3=0.5
    Wine Gums Sours – 52g 2.5 per pack (3 for 1 point)
    Wine Gums Sours – 215g 10 per bag (4 for 1 point)
    Wine Gums Soft – 52g 2.5 per pack (3 for 1 point)
    Wine Pastilles – 215g 10 per bag (4 for 1 point)
    Yogurt Coated Raisins, 1 quantity (90g) 7.5

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

befriend1 wrote: »
    Hey folks

(I'm LOVING Rowntree's Fruit Patelles for 2 pp) YES I have a big sweet tooth. :pac::pac::pac:

Hey Befriend! I think these are old points values as there in half points and with pp there isn't half points. When I was doing the old programme Wine Gums were 2.5 a roll that's what makes me think! If your not 100% sure I'd work out the Fruit Pastilles from the Nutritional Info. On the old points they were 3points a tube so I would say that they are 5pp now :eek: Hope I'm not the bearer of bad news if you've pointed from this list for other things :o I could be wrong best to get a 2nd opinion :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hey Befriend! I think these are old points values as there in half points and with pp there isn't half points. When I was doing the old programme Wine Gums were 2.5 a roll that's what makes me think! If your not 100% sure I'd work out the Fruit Pastilles from the Nutritional Info. On the old points they were 3points a tube so I would say that they are 5pp now :eek: Hope I'm not the bearer of bad news if you've pointed from this list for other things :o I could be wrong best to get a 2nd opinion :p

You are right. I think they are all old points because I know wine gums and fruit pastilles are 5PP per pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rawwrrrr

hi guys, i'm a newbie who'd love to join the thread :)

i've been following the thread for a while now, and this is my third attempt at ww. i'm doing it myself, not going to meetings, so sometimes extra motivation is needed!

I'm currently weighing 9.6, which may not seem like a lot, but it's the heaviest I've ever been. I'm very small in height so I think I look dumpy at the minute, and that combined by not fitting into some of my clothes has ultimately drove me to the diet!

I absolutely love food and have a huge appetite (something I get a little embarrassed about!) and have a massive sweet tooth.

Here's to the journey!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement