Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Morning all, I havent been on here in ages. My weight loss kind of stopped in June and in frustration I just kind of gave up. I decided to go back as they ran a class in work (incentive thing). I wasnt shocked with my first WI, but am feeling motivated again and hoping to get another 2 stone off ((lost 2 stone last year and kept almost all of it off despite not going to WI). I was shocked that the pp's have come down and thought I would find it very hard, but am finding it grand. Well done on all the successes on here, I will add recipes as i find them and hopefully keep this up until I hit my own goal :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Morning all! So had my WI this morning & I'm delighted to say I was down 1 & 3/4's lbs :D so this means I'm now in the 10's woooooo hooooo so thrilled!

Well done! I can't wait to get into the 10's. Feels like I've been in the 11's for ages.
    Dee01 wrote: »
    Morning all, I havent been on here in ages. My weight loss kind of stopped in June and in frustration I just kind of gave up. I decided to go back as they ran a class in work (incentive thing). I wasnt shocked with my first WI, but am feeling motivated again and hoping to get another 2 stone off ((lost 2 stone last year and kept almost all of it off despite not going to WI). I was shocked that the pp's have come down and thought I would find it very hard, but am finding it grand. Well done on all the successes on here, I will add recipes as i find them and hopefully keep this up until I hit my own goal :-D

Welcome back :) It seems like you stuck to WW subconsciously. You've done it before you can do it again!

Ugh hate this rain. I'd planned on doing an hour walk this afternoon and then my exercise DVD this evening before the girls come over. Seems like it'll have to be just the DVD.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Hey guys! Me too! I made a stir fry last night for the first time in years. I always thought they were boring, but I think that my sauce was always crappy. So I made an extra effort with it last night and yum!!

http://tonesqueeze.blogspot.com/

Hi baileypants... just wondering... how the hell do I get my weight loss ticker on my blog? I was messing around last night and couldn't figure it out at all!!! hahaha!

going to try get it on here.... hang on... :D

weight.png

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Just wondering has anyone any nice low pp soup recipes, I remember someone mentioning a cauliflower soup, if ye wouldn't mind sharing the recipes I'd be delighted!! Anytime I make a veg soup it doesn't turn out great, I don't like d butternut squash soup! Down 1.5 last night, half a pound more to go to having lost a stone and a half!! Bring it on:-) x

The soup I make has about 2 points per portion depending on how much potato/parsnip you use in it.

I put a knorr vegetable stock cube in a large saucepan with about a litre of water. To that I add a tin of tomatoes, about 1/2 teaspoon of dried chilli flakes (schwartz jar) and some salt and pepper. You could change quantity of chilli depending on your own taste.

Then add in about 7 or 8 chopped carrots, a chopped onion, a chopped parsnip and a chopped potato. Even though the parsnip and potato add points I find they give a nice texture to the soup.

Bring mixture to boil then simmer for about an hour until all veg soft.
    I vary the veg depending on what's in the fridge. Sometimes I'll add in courgettes or peppers.

Blend with a hand blender until smooth or put in food processor. It keeps for a few days in the fridge. If it's too thick I add more water or if I've put in too much water I boil it again and let some water evaporate.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hi all!

Well done Kay on the loss yay the 10s how brilliant :)

Basically yday my iPhone began not working and i think i had a mini meltdown.. i was messed about in work too and ended up having a bar an packet of bloody crisps i pp them an all is weel but just goes to show how a lot of my bad habits are emotional.. was working tonight so no dinner bit of picking (booo) but other than this having a good week. Tomorrow may involve some alcohol but will just have to keep an eye on all of the possibilities :)

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Hi

I just wondering how many pp is Mccambridges bread

I mislayed my book

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all,

Well I just completed day 1 of the couch to 5k plan. I know it doesn't sound like a huge achievement but to me it is:D Fingers crossed I can keep it up now!!
    molly09 wrote: »
    Hi

I just wondering how many pp is Mccambridges bread

I mislayed my book

thanks

Hi Molly, As far as I know its 2pp for one slice and 5pp for 2 slices:)

Well done on staying the same Dee that is a great achievement in itself. What do you mean by the pp coming down?? I did read something about the allowance being dropped but I joined last Thurs and am on the same pp allowance as I was when I was there last June:confused:

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Well I just completed day 1 of the couch to 5k plan. I know it doesn't sound like a huge achievement but to me it is:D Fingers crossed I can keep it up now!!

Well done on staying the same Dee that is a great achievement in itself. What do you mean by the pp coming down?? I did read something about the allowance being dropped but I joined last Thurs and am on the same pp allowance as I was when I was there last June:confused:

Thanks :) the minimum pp allowance used to be 29, but they've reduced it to 26 now. The weekly's are still the same tho which is great. Good to have them to fall back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

Searching high and low for the motivation to go for a walk! Even a 30 minute one!!

The weather is horrific!!!! Hoping if I get going soon i'll be able to get it over and done with and relax for the night!

Best of luck to everyone for the coming week!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

Weather's clearing a bit here in lovely Laois so gonna go for a run shortly. Been studying all day, need some air!
    Hope everyone's weekend is going well. Had a bit of a splurge last night - reigned things back in today. Heading to gym in morning then meeting a few friends to watch the rugby match (I'm driving so no drink!). Hope to squeeze in gym on Monday morning before college too and then a run on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thanks :) the minimum pp allowance used to be 29, but they've reduced it to 26 now. The weekly's are still the same tho which is great. Good to have them to fall back on.

Our leader told us that the 26 isn't compulsary and that if you found 29 was working for you and you were losing, to stick with that.

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Our leader told us that the 26 isn't compulsary and that if you found 29 was working for you and you were losing, to stick with that.

odd that my leader didn't mention that when i clearly nearly fell off the scales when she said it! Sure I seem to be managing so far so I might stick to it, but its good to know i have a bit of lee-way if i need it. Thanks for letting me know :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭maggimay

hi All
    just trying another filling and healthy day and shock horror here i am sitting in front of the fire with my little one sharing a punnet of red grapes instead of the usual saturday nibbles and she says to me " mam i love sweets and all but these are really tasty" out of the mouths of babes eh but she's right sometimes it's just the habit of dipping your hand in whatever is in a bowl in front of you when your watching telly.

i'm getting used to the filling and healthy days though i've had totally lovely meals today a lovely pancake this morning and soup and homemade potato cakes with egg and beans and bacon medallions for lunch and beef stir fry for dinner with egg fried rice yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭JudyD

Hey guys! Me too! I made a stir fry last night for the first time in years. I always thought they were boring, but I think that my sauce was always crappy. So I made an extra effort with it last night and yum!!

Hi Baileypants, that stirfry recipe looks gorgeous! Thanks for sharing - will def have to try that this week :)

Went shopping for work clothes today - had been dreading it but was delighted to pick up some lovely things that looked really well! Definitely put the mojo back in my WW wagon! Treating myself with a big glass of red wine from my weeklies now - love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »

Hi baileypants... just wondering... how the hell do I get my weight loss ticker on my blog? I was messing around last night and couldn't figure it out at all!!! hahaha!

going to try get it on here.... hang on... :D

weight.png

Hiya! I went into Design & added a Gadget. It was for a description or something like that, and I put it in there.

Hi all,

My leader also said it was optional to change ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I'm a big lover of subway (obviously not as much as I used to be :D) and when I found the bread that I would normally get in subway in the bakery section of tesco I was delighted!

Sadly I cannot find ANY nutritional info for them anywhere! Planning for tomorrow's meals and would really like one!

Can't quite believe it's not printed on the bread! If only things were that simple eh?!

Rant over =)
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Kay_80 wrote: »
    M'lady I can do it for you but I need his age as well :)

Sorry for delay Kay, working all day! He is 26, thanks a million!

Hiya! I went into Design & added a Gadget. It was for a description or something like that, and I put it in there.

thanks Baileypants.... got it sorted! you're a star! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

thanks Baileypants.... got it sorted! you're a star! :D

yep thanks from me as well, will be looking in to doing the same on my blog! I was planning on updating it but have been up to my eyes! have some more recipes I want to share as well.

I don't know if I updated but I was down half a pound my weight loss has been fairly slow but I measure my waist this week and I have lost 3 inches so all the exercise is showing some were :) happy out! Im heading on a 3 hour hike tomorrow made the yummy biscuits from the complete kitchen which I treated my self to on Thursday and have fruit ready as well.

hope every ones having a lovely evening:)!

• Advertisement

Baby75 wrote: »
    yep thanks from me as well, will be looking in to doing the same on my blog! I was planning on updating it but have been up to my eyes! have some more recipes I want to share as well.

I don't know if I updated but I was down half a pound my weight loss has been fairly slow but I measure my waist this week and I have lost 3 inches so all the exercise is showing some were :) happy out! Im heading on a 3 hour hike tomorrow made the yummy biscuits from the complete kitchen which I treated my self to on Thursday and have fruit ready as well.

Just added some pics and jazzed up my blog.....

As for the measuring... im going to give it another week before i measure again.... its TOTM so im feeling quite yucky at the mo.... going to measure up again next saturday... hopefully i will see some decent movement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

I don't know if I said this before, but Tesco have an offer at the minute on Muller Little Stars Jellies - a bit babyish (I buy them for the 7yo) - 2 6packs for €3.00, only 1pp per pot. They come in packs of 6 - 2 blackcurrant, 2 strawberry & 2 orange and they're gorgeous when you have a sweet craving!

Having a great week so far, don't know how I've managed to reach this hour on a Saturday night and still have 30 weeklies left!! Also loving the blogs, have a few WW bits on mine - http://miss-greeneyes.blogspot.com - but in fairness it's mostly about nail polish :o but my most favourite breakfast in the world is on there, only 9pp :)

Have a great rest-of-weekend everyone, and COME ON IRELAND tomorrow!!! x

Baby75 wrote: »

Just added some pics and jazzed up my blog.....

As for the measuring... im going to give it another week before i measure again.... its TOTM so im feeling quite yucky at the mo.... going to measure up again next saturday... hopefully i will see some decent movement

Well we did my measurements the other night & they seemed to be up by a half! Dunno what that's about as I'm down half a stone. Obviously not too good with a measuring tape! I get the OH to measure me, and I thought he was going to pee himself he was laughing so much! Sure I ended up in a heap laughing too then! The state of us haha :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Has anyone tried the low low cheese triangles? I'm looking for alternative meal ideas and just wondering what they're like.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Can't believe there is only 2pp in rice krispie cereal bars. They are really nice for a snack and taste really Like white chocolate. They are on offer in Tesco at the moment 2 boxes for €3 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Can't believe there is only 2pp in rice krispie cereal bars. They are really nice for a snack and taste really Like white chocolate. They are on offer in Tesco at the moment 2 boxes for €3 :-)

Hey Boop22!!...Delighted to hear that....Off to the shops now shortly, so I'll have to pick some up....
    Hope everyone is well....Today is my WI day, so fingers crossed....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

All the talk of soup on here got me cooking and made some carrot and coriander yesterday! It was delicious with a nice crusty bread roll - and because the soup is 0pp, having a slightly larger bread roll was ok. And I have now a 0pp lunch for today so I can have my big sunday dinner tonight and not feel guilty.

Had a night in last night with the OH and I made the lasagna everyone here seems to have tried. I like really thick pieces so I bulked up the bolognese sauce with LOADS of veggies. On top of the carrot, celery and onion the recipe looks for, I also added a red pepper, half a courgette, half a small aubergine and a few mushrooms. I also added 30g low-fat cheddar to mix with the parmesan for the top of it so it was 12pp per portion. But it was really delicious and the portion was huge. Served it with a big salad and me and the OH were absolutely stuffed. My treat for the week was last night since I didn't have a night out on the booze - so I had half a bottle of wine and also got a full fat dessert! We got tesco citron tarts - and since blueberries were on special in lidl, I made a blueberry sauce to go with them. Put a punnet of berries in a frying pan on a high heat with 2tbsp of water and 1tbsp of sugar (i would have used sweetener if i had any) and cooked until it reduced to a sticky sauce, mashing the blueberries up a bit while cooking. I then swirled 1tbsp of ww cream through it so it marbled and served it with the tarts. The tarts were 11pp each and the sauce I counted as 3pp. I used 19 of my 49 last night but I shouldn't have to use any more before tuesday!

Off to the gym today and wanna really push myself as hard as possible. Wanna do a 10k run in April and get myself in shape by June to try and get my 10k time back as close to 1hour 6 mins (where I was 4 years ago) as I can!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hey M'lady he would be on 43pp per day & 49pp per week as well. As with Baileypants if you want me to recheck his dailies once he starts losing just ask either here or by pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

Hi all,

My leader also said it was optional to change ;-)

my leader said that she wasnt losing on the 29 so went down to 26. shes now losing weight but finds it hard at the weekend so does five days at 26 and two at 29.
    i think its really up to each person if your losing on 29 why change something thats working but if your not losing on 29 and find 26 too hard to stick to at the weekend do a few weeks of five days 26 two days 29 and see if your losing if so stick to it

• Advertisement

I was very productive today....

Made 4 soups for during the week...

Stuck the recipes up on my blog. http://alibx.blogspot.com/

Im still trying to get to grips with the blog thing... can't for the life of me get my pics uploaded onto it... Im such a nightmare... I can get them to upload to the blog thing but not onto the pages themselves... Ah nightmare!

Ah well... had a bad weekend exercise wise again... so concentrating on getting the food right. Going to get on the Wii fit tonight...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement