Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Ali,

What are these tortillas and cheese dips u speak of and how many pp???:D

WW Tortilla crisps. You can get them in Supervalu. There isn't many in a pack though and they come in a multi-pack. I think there are 2 different flavours. The cheese dips is the low low spreadable cheese (like philadelphia). They have a plain one and a cracked black pepper one. WW tortilla chips are 2PP per small pack. Not sure about the low low, but I would assume 1PP per 30g.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Hi all

I've been reading and thumbs upping but had no time to post - work is kicking my ass!

Big congrats to all of ye on the losses - great the read :D

@ Chinafoot My Jaysus what a crowd of little wenches they are fair play to you for saying nothing, continuing on with your cycle and as the other ladies have said you can lose the weight they can't lose the ignorant attitudes don't let them get you down!

@ Baby 75 aww the poor child I hope she's okay now? and more importantly her mammy too, you must have felt desperate :( thank god for hubbys first aid and calm intervention!

Maggie no you're not the only one on TOTM seems half of us are me included!

Having a good week so far. After my non motivation to exercise on Monday night I did get my ass straight out after work Tues, Weds and tonight and go for a 5k run.........flipping freezing out there each night and I did have to add an extra layer but at least I got out there pounded the pavement and hopefully added to some weightloss! Food choices have been good I've actually steered clear of treats for the most part since the weekend's blow out. I've had 2 squares of dark chocolate each day - I need chocolate and I smash those too squares into tiny shards and it lasts me ages (i eat it in work and have a cup of peppermint tea with it YUM!)

I cannot abide that Dr Eva one, i'm sorry but I do not agree with sending the message out to a nation that (a) 1.5lbs of a loss is not good, (b) that TOTM or constipation are not reasons for not losing weight. Quite frankly she doesn't know what the f**K she's talking about as someone who has suffered quite badly with both (b) and (c) and would tend to lose between 0.5 -1.5 per week. It does have an effect and really (for me once to the tune of 2.5lbs - no way I lost that overnight and thats literally what happened per the scales!) and truly does anyone who is feeling crap because of (b) and (c) really need to be 'demotivated' further by Dr Eva telling them eh sorry luv must try better next week - umm me thinks no! It's a really negative message to be sending out and my concern would be teenage girls who watch that show with their parents who have concerns about their own weight whether or not they need to lose it is another issue but essentially getting it into their heads that 1lb or 1.5lbs a week is not a good loss - that's how eating disorders start and I really think it's irresponsible, ok I know the show is laced with warnings about consult your Dr blah blah but what 15 or 16 yr old is going to pay heed to that? they're just going to hear the number isn't good enough. Desperate stuff altogether and rant over! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Boop22 wrote: »
    Hi Ali,

What are these tortillas and cheese dips u speak of and how many pp???:D

I get the WW cheesey tortilla chips... (i stocked up when they were on special in Aldi.. :) ) they come in a 6 pack and each bag is 2pp... they aren't great tasting on their own... they do the job but maybe thats just coz I love the really cheesey dortitos :P The dip I use is the tubs of low low cheese... either the plain one or the one with cracked black pepper... thats my favourite... :D

I tried them together over the weekend and let the OH try it... BIG MISTAKE!!! He was off on Tuesday and I came home to snuggle on the couch and watch masterchef with my chips and dip... THEY WERE ALL GONE!!!! Him and the lil one had ate them all watching tv before i got in!!!

one tip... DONT SHARE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

TylersHo wrote: »
    Baileypants that crumble was so delicious really full after it to. Your blog is brilliant loads of great ideas :D

You made it already?! I just had some myself! Very yummy, and of course apples are healthy ha ha! :-)

Audi Driver you were looking for some low pp soups, here's one I do quite often, its really simple and works out at zero pp and you get a massive 5 bowls out of this so is perfect for work lunches;

2 Red Peppers Halved & Deseeded
    2 Beef/large plum Tomatoes Halved
    3 Cloves of Garlic (skin and leave whole)
    Tablespoon of Olive Oil (1pp)

500ml of passata
    2 knorr stock pots (I use 1 veg and 1 Chicken) (2pp)
    1 Tablespoon of Mixed herbs
    Fresh or dried chilli (do to your own taste)
    1 tsp of Smoked paprika
    Salt & Black Pepper
    1 ltr of Water

Method:

Put the peppers, tomatoes and garlic on a roasting tray rub olive oil on the skins (or use spray oil if you prefer) put some salt and pepper on and roast in the oven for about 30 -35 mins @ 180c

When they are ready remove from oven put in a dish and cover with clingfilim for 20 mins or so to cool down and make it easier to remove the skin (you can skip this part if you want but I find it makes a smoother soup if you do it.

Put the passata, stock pots, herbs spices and water in a big pan. add in the roasted veg and garlic (i tend to squish the tomatoes and the garlic and 'tear the peppers as i'm putting them in) add the juice and oil left in the dish you used to cool or baking dish if not skinning first (all the yummyness is in those juices!)

Bring the whole lot to the boil. Turn down and simmer for 10 mins. Add salt and pepper. Use a stick blender to whizz it all down and you have a lovely warming slightly spicy tomato and red pepper soup which works out at zero pp per bowl so have some nice bread or Ryvitta with it and some fruit and you have a lovely quick easy meal.

When I make my soups I decant them (once cool) into a plastic Jug with a lid I got in dunnes usually this amount would be a jug and a half. It keeps perfectly in the fridge for 5 days and is easy to decant out into portions when you want it. You can freeze this soup as well but remember if adding chilli it will get hotter when it freezes so adjust for that if you don't like it too hot!

• Advertisement

Kay_80 wrote: »
    Hi all

Having a good week so far. After my non motivation to exercise on Monday night I did get my ass straight out after work Tues, Weds and tonight and go for a 5k run.........flipping freezing out there each night and I did have to add an extra layer but at least I got out there pounded the pavement and hopefully added to some weightloss! Food choices have been good I've actually steered clear of treats for the most part since the weekend's blow out. I've had 2 squares of dark chocolate each day - I need chocolate and I smash those too squares into tiny shards and it lasts me ages (i eat it in work and have a cup of peppermint tea with it YUM!)

I cannot abide that Dr Eva one, i'm sorry but I do not agree with sending the message out to a nation that (a) 1.5lbs of a loss is not good, (b) that TOTM or constipation are not reasons for not losing weight. Quite frankly she doesn't know what the f**K she's talking about as someone who has suffered quite badly with both (b) and (c) and would tend to lose between 0.5 -1.5 per week. It does have an effect and really (for me once to the tune of 2.5lbs - no way I lost that overnight and thats literally what happened per the scales!) and truly does anyone who is feeling crap because of (b) and (c) really need to be 'demotivated' further by Dr Eva telling them eh sorry luv must try better next week - umm me thinks no! It's a really negative message to be sending out and my concern would be teenage girls who watch that show with their parents who have concerns about their own weight whether or not they need to lose it is another issue but essentially getting it into their heads that 1lb or 1.5lbs a week is not a good loss - that's how eating disorders start and I really think it's irresponsible, ok I know the show is laced with warnings about consult your Dr blah blah but what 15 or 16 yr old is going to pay heed to that? they're just going to hear the number isn't good enough. Desperate stuff altogether and rant over! :D

I totally agree with you... We watched it lastnight and I was in shock...when I came home from my class and had lost 1.5lb and we watched it and even my OH (who isn't exactly the most ehhhhh sensitive soul :P ) said "thats bull! 1.5lb is great... its achievable... and in fairness yas all put on a bit of weight around the time of your "others" " :D:D He has a way with words.... :D

But seriously! I wanted to slap her one... the girl was really embarrassed, no one wants to talk about their TOTM... let alone a young girl like that who is already showing all her wears to the nation, the last thing they want is to talk about her lady things and her bowel movements! I hope she shows Dr. Eva up next week...

And by the way my TOTM is imminent... Its been hanging over me for the last few days.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14 purdy nolan

does anyone know points for chinese take away fried noodles,please

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Baileypants where did you get your lean mince for your lasagne? Would you have the nutritional info for it?

Also for all you bakers is there any low fat butter that would work for pastry? Would flora work? Also what flour is best? Sorry about all the qs I'm in a baking/cooking mood :)

Hi Eabhabear! There are too many mince choices in Aldi and I don't know which would be the leanest, so I get the 'lean mince' from Dunnes. Says its so much percent leaner and has some blue colouring on the pack where it's usually green or white I think on a normal pack. Then I just weight it according to WW propoints from their list. I don't have the nutritional value at the mo.

I'm no pro on pastry, but when doing my regular baking I just use the light spread from Aldi and regular flour or wholewheat flour where I can get away with substituting.

Green Vegetable soup

Ingredients
    1 onion
    3 sticks of celery
    1 leek
    3 carrots
    1/2 head of broccoli
    1/2 bag of baby spinach
    3 cloves of garlic
    1/2 teaspoon of nigella seeds
    1 thumb of Ginger
    1 stockpot
    1 litre of water
    Fresh flat leaf parsley
    Fresh thyme
    Salt & black pepper

Chop all your veg into smallish pieces, add all ingredients to the pot except herbs bring to the boil & simmer for 15 mins add herbs & serve

If you want to blend this soup do but I prefer it as a clearish broth with nice chunky veg in it.

I like garlic alot so I usually add 3-4 cloves to all my soups but you should adjust to your own taste, you could use 1 if you like.

Sometimes (pre WW!) I used to cook some noodles & put in a large bowl then add the veg soup & instead of salt to season I used soy sauce & before serving I'd add a little sesame oil (just a few drops)
    for extra flavour but I've kept the above soup at zero if I have a particularly large bowl on any day I point it at 1 pp just to be safe.

Mexican-Inspired Zero POINTS® Value Soup*

Ingredients

200 g sugar snap peas, cut into bite-size pieces*
    3 clove garlic, fresh, minced*
    2 medium courgette, cubed*
    400 g tomato(s), canned, chopped
    25 g fresh red chilli(s), or green jalapeño *
    1 medium onion(s), chopped*
    1 medium red green or yellow pepper(s), chopped*
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin*
    1 teaspoon oregano, fresh*
    1440 ml fresh stock, vegetable*
    3/4 teaspoon salt*
    2 tablespoon lime(s), juice, fresh
    25 g fresh coriander, chopped*

Instructions

Put sugar snap peas, garlic, courgettes, jalapeno, chopped tomatoes, chilli, onion, pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
    Stir in salt, lime juice and coriander. Serve.

^ I love this soup because it's not blended you feel like there's 'eating & drinking' in it it's really fresh & very tasty, I'd use the juice of a whole lime for more zing

I got this from the Irish WW website last year I posted it in our other WW thread last march so am just copying and pasting some of my zero pp soup recipes for those who are interested. :)

• Advertisement

Spiced Carrot, butternut squash & coriander

Ingredients

1 butternut squash
    1 onion
    3 sticks of celery
    4-5 carrots
    1 yellow pepper
    3 cloves of garlic
    1 thumb of fresh Ginger
    1/2 teaspoon of crushed cumin seeds or ground cumin
    1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
    1/2 teaspoon of Nigella seeds (black onion seeds)
    1/2 teaspoon of Tumeric
    1-2 knorr stock pots
    Litre & a half of water

Cooking

Chop all ingredients and place in a large pot with everything except the herbs, bring to the boil & simmer for 30- 40 mins (make sure squash is soft enough) blend together if too thick add more water chop herbs add to soup stir & serve

does anyone know points for chinese take away fried noodles,please

It really depends on the size but it can be anywhere between 7 - 12 points. It depends on how much oil they have on them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Thanks. I've been looking for the mince in Tesco so I must try Dunnes. I'm going to try the flora for the pastry and see how it goes. I'm planning on making a quiche, apple tart and lasagne this weekend :D

Ali your OH is a dote :) bless him it's great that he's onboard the WW wagon and he sees how hard you're working at it so nice to see he had a bit of empathy with the girl on OT what is it with Irish men (especially dubs!) referring to TOTM as 'your others' LOL :D

Yeah Dr Eva needs to be taken down I hope she sticks it to her next week!

Thanks. I've been looking for the mince in Tesco so I must try Dunnes. I'm going to try the flora for the pastry and see how it goes. I'm planning on making a quiche, apple tart and lasagne this weekend :D

Eabha if you can't get it in Dunnes you can deffo get it in M&S (I'm not sure if you're near one? )

They have Lean Mince Beef and per the NI 450g is 22pp per pack this is often on offer like 3 packs for 14 euro or 2 for 8.50

They also do an extra lean and thats 12pp per the NI for 450g. This tends to be alot more expensive though

It's clearly written on the pack the lean is usually in Purple an the extra lean in green. But I've often got it in my local Dunnes as well

Mexican-Inspired Zero POINTS® Value Soup*

Ingredients

200 g sugar snap peas, cut into bite-size pieces*
    3 clove garlic, fresh, minced*
    2 medium courgette, cubed*
    400 g tomato(s), canned, chopped
    25 g fresh red chilli(s), or green jalapeño *
    1 medium onion(s), chopped*
    1 medium red green or yellow pepper(s), chopped*
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin*
    1 teaspoon oregano, fresh*
    1440 ml fresh stock, vegetable*
    3/4 teaspoon salt*
    2 tablespoon lime(s), juice, fresh
    25 g fresh coriander, chopped*

Instructions

Put sugar snap peas, garlic, courgettes, jalapeno, chopped tomatoes, chilli, onion, pepper, cumin, oregano and vegetable into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes.
    Stir in salt, lime juice and coriander. Serve.

^ I love this soup because it's not blended you feel like there's 'eating & drinking' in it it's really fresh & very tasty, I'd use the juice of a whole lime for more zing

I got this from the Irish WW website last year I posted it in our other WW thread last march so am just copying and pasting some of my zero pp soup recipes for those who are interested. :)

I made this back on the old points system & it was gorgeous! I just wasn't sure of the propoints. Thanks! :-)

Oh I've never made a quiche and would like to! Would you mind posting the recipe and propoints after your done?! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Total ProPoints: 36
    Serves: 4-6
    ProPoints per Serving: 6-9

Pastry:

200g Plain Flour
    100g Low Fat Butter
    3-4 tbs Water

Quiche:

2 Rashers
    1 Onion
    150ml Slimline Milk
    1 Medium Egg & 1 Egg White
    40g Cheese
    Zero Cal Cooking Spray

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 190C

Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl. Add a pinch of salt. Cut the butter intoo the flour and rub in lightly until crumbs form.

Gradually add water, tablespoon at a time. Mix with a knife to form a firm dough.

Knead lightly until smooth. Cut in 2 and roll out each bit to fit the quiche dish.

Grease dish and place on layer of pastry in the dish.

Dice onion, derind rashers cut into pieces. Sauté on a heated pan.

Beat egg, egg white, milk and a pinch of salt together.

Spread the onion and rasher in the quiche dish on top of the bottom pastry layer. Pour the egg mixture on top. Grate the cheese on top.

Bake for 30-35 mins until mixture has set and is nicely browned.

*You can add loads of zero point veg if you want. I'll try and post a pic tomorrow when I make it.

Btw Bailey how did you make the chips that are in the pic on your blog? Did you just put them in the oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Monife wrote: »
    WW Tortilla crisps. You can get them in Supervalu. There isn't many in a pack though and they come in a multi-pack. I think there are 2 different flavours. The cheese dips is the low low spreadable cheese (like philadelphia). They have a plain one and a cracked black pepper one. WW tortilla chips are 2PP per small pack. Not sure about the low low, but I would assume 1PP per 30g.

OOOH they work a treat in the Nacho recipe never thought of them!
    Hi all

I've been reading and thumbs upping but had no time to post - work is kicking my ass!

Big congrats to all of ye on the losses - great the read :D

@ Chinafoot My Jaysus what a crowd of little wenches they are fair play to you for saying nothing, continuing on with your cycle and as the other ladies have said you can lose the weight they can't lose the ignorant attitudes don't let them get you down!

@ Baby 75 aww the poor child I hope she's okay now? and more importantly her mammy too, you must have felt desperate :( thank god for hubbys first aid and calm intervention!

Thanks, she is all better now, its funny listening to her trying to tell people what she done using her actions and I have to fill in the blanks! think I have a actress in the making! I was shocked at OT! watched it earlier on the player! on DR Eva I agree, what a way to make some one feel crap she looked like she was working really hard as well, I waould have been chuffed with a 1.5 loss this week! wonder what she would have said to me with only half a pound LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey all just popping in for a bit, i was down 2.5 lbs this week

tried another new recipe tonight from a ww book i was given a present of
    pork loin steaks, with some baby potatoes and roasted carrots, the pork was marinated in

1tablespoon honey
    1 tablespoon tomato puree
    1 teaspon soy sauce
    1 crushed garlic clove

and then left it in the fridge for an hour or 2 it was enough to cover 2 pork loins. i then grilled them for about 10 mins

really really nice and something different

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Chinafoot, that's a horrendous experience, those stupid little girls should be ashamed of themselves - such a great example of ignorance. Don't take that on board at all - you're out there trying to improve your health and they have nothing better to do than shout abuse at people. Little b!tches. UGH, girls are so mean.
    meldorg20 wrote: »
    god obsession is my word for this thread...dont normally put up posts but said hell id go for it! Im at it now 4 wks (3rd time back to WW) nd im down 10lbs, its goin well enough but having serious ups and downs.....really wanna stay motivated, im aiming for 2stone start weight 13.05 but what happens with me is im picky with food and already getting sick of the same thing. doing loads of excercise, classes mons and weds and walking inbetween but food is definetly the issue! i remember before there was loads of recipes on this, can anyone tell me where to find these or even just different ideas for meals?
    well done on all the weight losses...ye are all very inspiring! compared to my leader ye are much better!! im still thick out i never got silver 7, she seems to have her faves in the class and focuses on them! ok rant over thanks guys

Well done, my god ask for your silver 7! if I was entitled to one I'd be grabbing it off her! That happened me after a few months - I now can't look at a lemon sole, a butternut squash, or an oatcake. Variety is the key for keeping this up, I think! There are loads of lovely recipes on the weightwatchers site too.

Well, I went to WI (didn't stay for the meeting, awful stomach cramps, also TOTM at the minute) - and was up 2. I'm glad I went anyway, thanks for the great support here earlier on in the week x

I think I might try a filling and healthy day tomorrow - Fridays are dodgy for me because it's my mad dash/shopping/bill paying/grocery/cleaning day, so I might kickstart the new week by NOT feeling like crap about myself for once!

S x

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Merldog definitely ask for your silver 7, thats what keeps us going!! :eek: Your leader needs a reporting!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Nesie

WI in today. very very nervous as the second half of the week was pretty awful! TOTM same as everyone else here by the sounds of things... going to class anyway..figure if i'm up well then i'm up and i'll just have to lose it next week. the anticipation is a killer though!

Ali your OH is a dote :) bless him it's great that he's onboard the WW wagon and he sees how hard you're working at it so nice to see he had a bit of empathy with the girl on OT what is it with Irish men (especially dubs!) referring to TOTM as 'your others' LOL :D

Yeah Dr Eva needs to be taken down I hope she sticks it to her next week!

Ah he is very good I have to admit. He has been coming walking with me and at weekends we bring the little one to the park, they do half the walk with me and then he brings her to the playground or lakes so I can pick up the pace and then I meet them back. We are going swimming tomorrow which is good too. He took out the weighing scales on Wednesday night and hopped on, he is 15st 2lb, which at 6ft isn't exactly big but he is now determined to drop to 14st. He had me point his lunch for him the lsat few days and then point his dinner. He is intitled to 47pp per day (lucky sod!)

We were late in yesterday evening, as we were working late and the little one was at basketball. She had her dinner in her nannies so we said we would just do those micro meals each. He had the tesco light choices Chicken Curry, which was 11pp with a few oven chips and I had the WW Spinach & Tomato lasagne (8pp) His was LOVELY.... mine was ROTTEN!!! took two small forkfulls and ended up making myself cheese on toast! Was soooo disapointed!

Its mexican night tonight... so its quesadillas for me and fajitas for the others.... really looking forward to it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 TylersHo

@Baileypants I did indeed except I used normal apples and didnt peel them but it was still yum and filling :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,251 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi guys - haven't been on here since before Christmas :) To be honest I sort of dropped off doing it over Christmas but now I'm ready to get back on the saddle again!

I have been doing spinning for the last month and I've just joined the gym. I've been feeling disheartened though as I'm still very bloated (well I feel that I am anyway) and I really want to work on losing stomach fat. So I've come to the conclusion that it must be down to my diet - I eat pretty ok for lunch and breakfast but it's the dinners I think is where I fall down. My mum cooks the dinner so I just have whatever she puts in front of me - can't be expecting her to come up with new healthy things every evening so I'm going to have to think ahead and get back on this WW thing:D I love potatoes so I suppose that doesn't help - really need to branch out more!

Anyone like McDonalds? Just came across this, everything propointed & thought it might be useful to someone.

http://skinnyhealthylifestyle.blogspot.com/2011/12/pro-points-mcdonalds.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Anyone like McDonalds? Just came across this, everything propointed & thought it might be useful to someone.

http://skinnyhealthylifestyle.blogspot.com/2011/12/pro-points-mcdonalds.html

I got the eating out guide last year too, A lot of the places are UK chains but they have the usual mcdonalds burger king nandos etc. So can help if anyone is going to a chain place and needs to know points

(dont carry it with me all the time so may not have answers straight away ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Moldol

Hi does any one know how many weight watchers pro points are in a slice of chocolate biscuit cake? I know I shouldn't but there's one in the fridge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Wow Kay you have been busy with all the soup!! :)

I'm having a great week so far, basketball again tonight looking forward to it! :)
    Have all my meal plans done out until next Tuesday! I think I am a physco weight watcher!! I have everything pointed for everyday including my treats planned!

thinking about trying a smartphone/internet free weekend.. dunno if il survive! :) il prob end up sneaking on here to be nosey lol.. i didnt check in last night n missed 6pages!!

Enjoy the weekend Girls & boys! Wrap up well going for yere walks cos its going to be BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement