Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭christmas2010

Best wishes to everyone with a weigh in today.

Had my last one before christmas yesterday and was down two.

Wish there was a class next week but feeling good now so hope to stay on straight and narrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Down .6 2day, so 2lb 2the 1st stone!!! Just wondering, for those doing it without going to meetings etc, do you plan on weighin over xmas or not like thoses going 2 the meetings??

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Down 2.5!

So 15lb in 3 months. Delighted with myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Danii86 wrote: »
    Down .6 2day, so 2lb 2the 1st stone!!! Just wondering, for those doing it without going to meetings etc, do you plan on weighin over xmas or not like thoses going 2 the meetings??

Hi danii
    Im doing ww on my own at home and i def plan to wi in ever week over xmas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

Hi Everyone, havent posted in a few weeks, i havent been to WW since 16th November as i was in hospital and once i got home i was not able to be out and about, decided to go to class 2nite as i wanted to get weighted b4 christmas and i was down 6lbs since my last weight in -

I started WW in August and to date i have lost 2 stone 13.5lbs, so only half pound to go to make it 3 stone! am hoping i dont do 2 much damage over the christmas, but will try to be good.

My niece is making her confirmation on 10th March and i would like to have another stone gone by then if poss

still a long way to go, but starting weight in August was 16stone 5lbs:mad:, current weight is 13 stone 5.5lb:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 dancingirl

Ok I need help, inspiration. I dont know why but totally stopped tracking wk and half ago after wknd away an just cant get back into it. No weigh in this wk cause Im sick have sore throat an touch of flu. Why I chose wk before Christmas to lose my mojo- I dont know! This time next wk Ill be surrounded by family an Ill feel like crap as always. Stood on scales this morn an have gained 4lbs in two wks an it took me 5wks to lose 6lbs:( Ok start again tomorrow how many more times am I gonna say that sentence?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

LinK3 wrote: »
    I missed my meeting this morning as my car ended up in a ditch due to ice yesterday.. Raging!!! Was due to get my gold card too..

Oh no Link3, hate this weather, whatever about the car, hope your ok. It will be a nice New Year gift to get your gold card, what better way to start the New Year.
    izzy24 wrote: »
    still have a long way to go but im getting there one stone at a time

Well done izzy24, take it one pound at a time and you'll get there.

I had my last weigh for 2011 this evening, I usually go about once a month but haven't been in 9 weeks, I had set my own Christmas goal of 7lbs and delighted I got there this evening. 7lbs under goal weight which will be great for Christmas in case I go overboard. Hoping not to do too much damage but want to be able to enjoy myself too.

Hope you all have a great Christmas - eat well & drink loads

Thanks guys, the car was a write off but my weight watching won't be.. Jeez Decembers are always crap for me, I had a sign fall off a building about 8 years ago Christmas week! I broke a bone in my neck!! C4 I think it was, and two years ago, December 8 th I found out I had cervical cancer! Feeling a bit blue this week, after falling 7 steps down stairs week before last and crashing my car on Monday on the ice, I'm black as well as blue:( I think the universe is trying to tell me something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fungums

Hey was just pointing one of my fav recipes(peanut sesame noodles) and it came to 20pp a serving ! scary !! didnt have it often but still!! Anyways looking for alternatives I found 'tofu shirataki noodles' ? to replace the egg noodles just wondering has anyone tried them? thought ??

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭breadandjam

Went to my last meeting before christmas last night and was down four and a half pounds which is great.
    Only five of us stayed for the meeting and we were all down a couple of pounds and one reached his Goal last night.

Got up and went for a long walk with the dog this morning and have tracked everything I've eaten so far today. I'll keep tracking up to Christmas eve and start again after Stephen's Day. I'll make sure to get in plenty of walking too.

My next meeting is on 5th of january and I'm not going to undo all my hard work so far. happy Christmas and Keep on tracking

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Down 2.5!

So 15lb in 3 months. Delighted with myself. :D

Wow you must feel so fab - a stone is incredible going. Picture 14 tubs of butter from the supermarket....all gone from you. well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭poconnor16

dancingirl wrote: »
    Ok I need help, inspiration. I dont know why but totally stopped tracking wk and half ago after wknd away an just cant get back into it. No weigh in this wk cause Im sick have sore throat an touch of flu. Why I chose wk before Christmas to lose my mojo- I dont know! This time next wk Ill be surrounded by family an Ill feel like crap as always. Stood on scales this morn an have gained 4lbs in two wks an it took me 5wks to lose 6lbs:( Ok start again tomorrow how many more times am I gonna say that sentence?

Start NOW. Draw the line in the sand. Dont be dwelling on what you did - focus on what you will do, starting this minute. Get out the tracker and start tracking. Xmas is the hardest time of year, so if you can make some attempt now, imagine how mcuh easier this will be in Jan??

So you put on 4lbs - imagine where you would be if you totally gave up and didn't even try?
    If losing weight was easy, we'd all look like Kate Moss :D and WW would be out of business.
    Use xmas time to get out and walk as much as you can.

Don't give up on yourself, you're worth so much more.

poconnor16 wrote: »
    Start NOW. Draw the line in the sand. Dont be dwelling on what you did - focus on what you will do, starting this minute. Get out the tracker and start tracking. Xmas is the hardest time of year, so if you can make some attempt now, imagine how mcuh easier this will be in Jan??

So you put on 4lbs - imagine where you would be if you totally gave up and didn't even try?
    If losing weight was easy, we'd all look like Kate Moss :D and WW would be out of business.
    Use xmas time to get out and walk as much as you can.

Don't give up on yourself, you're worth so much more.

Thanks so much. I wrote that looking for inspiration and bit motivation too! You're right no more feelin sorry for myself, I can turn it around-suppose I just needed someone to point that out to me! Be on hols from work soon an now after your advice gonna plan on using my time off to get out for walks. Started back tracking yesterday after read your reply.
    Thanks for your support. Hope you're doin well wit your journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dno7239

Got to goal Thurs night, im THRILLED! 3 stone 1 pound GONE! It was soo hard to get it before xmas, but I stayed focused and put in the extra time at the gym etc. and it was worth it! Stay focused people, if I can do anyone can!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

dno7239 wrote: »
    Got to goal Thurs night, im THRILLED! 3 stone 1 pound GONE! It was soo hard to get it before xmas, but I stayed focused and put in the extra time at the gym etc. and it was worth it! Stay focused people, if I can do anyone can!

It's a great feeling, isn't it, to get to goal. I got there in September, and for the first time ever, have managed to maintain the weight loss ever since. Usually I think 'that's it, I've done it now, I can forget about it' with the result it all went back on again, but for some reason, this time it's going ok. I think the ProPoints have a lot to do with it, it's a more liveable with type of system.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

10 days holidays between Dublin and Lanzarote and I gained 4lb.. I ate all around me and prob deserved to gain more!! Straight back on the soup and veg today back on track even over christmas I am more determined than ever!!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭galwayhooker

Decided to come on this page here cos have been so bad with WW for last 2 months and weight creeping on up that am getting real tired of it.was training for dub city marathon and did brill time.had to up intake of food as was doing between 15 to 20 mile running at weekend! Was brilliant :) my mental attitude improved as well as body shape but since marathon have picked up knee injury and Physio told me to lay off running for a while but have gained half stone since - am eating more than I ate during marathon training which boils mainly down to my mood.today tho I decided to give myself a kick in the ass and change my out look back to when I was running.there is no class over the Xmas and kno that am prob mad to get bak into it when Xmas is here but it's not Xmas that does damage to me - it's boredom and feeling sorry for myself.so have made out a goal for myself and weighed myself on my own WW scales so here it goes - wish me luck :) will let you kno how I get on next week

izzy24 wrote: »
    Danii86 wrote: »

Hi danii
    Im doing ww on my own at home and i def plan to wi in ever week over xmas...

I am def gona do the same.let me kno how ye get on :) I find having buddies helps.am aiming for pound loss on my WW scales

dancingirl wrote: »

Hi dancing girl
    You are looking at your sister :) am in the exact same boat as you but decided to give myself a good kick up the backside and track for Xmas.gona weigh myself nxt mon and def get a pound down.I posted jst there what my case was - basically did marathon and cant stop eating after it - am eating more!!!!my bro lost 7 st in 9 months and if he can do it so can anybody.I think girls jst need to stop talking so much about what they are gona do and jst do it!!!
    Good luck with ur wk - let me kno how you ate getting on :) nice to have support ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Steelpony

Hey all,

A nice new thread for us all!!

I've kept on the straight and narrow all week so far so feeling good!

Found out the quorn sausies are only 1 each which is great, as long as I avoid quorn with pastry or crumb coatings I'm pretty much sorted!

I have the Quorn sausages at 2 Pro Points !!! ??? . Discovered Hartleys low fat jelly (0 Pro Points) in Dunnes Stores today and with a Weight Watchers Yogurt makes a nice desert for 1 pro point. Check out those sausages again, maybe I am wrong, hope so.

Hi dancing girl
    You are looking at your sister :) am in the exact same boat as you but decided to give myself a good kick up the backside and track for Xmas.gona weigh myself nxt mon and def get a pound down.I posted jst there what my case was - basically did marathon and cant stop eating after it - am eating more!!!!my bro lost 7 st in 9 months and if he can do it so can anybody.I think girls jst need to stop talking so much about what they are gona do and jst do it!!!
    Good luck with ur wk - let me kno how you ate getting on :) nice to have support ;)

hey galwayhooker, started back trackin on Fri after lil help from dis forum:)
    an yeah feel so much better in myself. Its like Im on track again no matter how slow at least Im doing something about it and thats all we can do.
    Don't be too hard on yourself:) Just get back into it start today-without delay. You already have by posting here:) I know its Xmas but least this way we'll feel better for start of New years when there'll be nothing but DIETS in all magazines. We'll be living the healthy WW lifestyle an feelin an lookin better too!!:)
    Gettin my treadmill delivered tomorrow so be joining ya on running track. Fair play with your achievement on the marathon! That just shows your determination, motivation and ability to see things through. Getting back on track will be no bother to you. Let me know how ya get on.
    Have every confidence in ya:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Had my official post holiday weighing and I was +1.5 not the 4 my scales showed when I got home!! I am 100% back on the wagon and committed even hope to lose over the battle day that is Xmas packed up my boy friends house with snax curly wurly n coke zero so I'm not tempted to dig into the yummys

Steelpony wrote: »
    Hey all,

A nice new thread for us all!!

I've kept on the straight and narrow all week so far so feeling good!

Found out the quorn sausies are only 1 each which is great, as long as I avoid quorn with pastry or crumb coatings I'm pretty much sorted!

I have the Quorn sausages at 2 Pro Points !!! ??? . Discovered Hartleys low fat jelly (0 Pro Points) in Dunnes Stores today and with a Weight Watchers Yogurt makes a nice desert for 1 pro point. Check out those sausages again, maybe I am wrong, hope so.

Just to add to that - meringue shell - 1 pp
    Fruit cocktail. - o pp
    ( juice drained)
    Tablsp WW cream - 1 pp
    Low fat creme fraichec - 1

There is a lovely irish yog u can get def in dunnes , supervalue and sonetines tescos.can't think if name off head but it's liw fat version of think it's Irish churn.u will see picture of churn on packet.only 1 pp per carton and they are thick - thicker than WW yog.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭Taz1

Had an unplanned fry up yesterday in a friends house. It was my first fry up in months and I actually felt really crap after it, I'm wondering if that means my body isn't used to it and is now giving out, that'd be a good thing! Anyway I felt so bad that I decided to go for an hour long walk and all I ate for the rest of the evening was fruit! Back on track today thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

haven't went to ww since 6.10.11!! nor counted points.oh oh:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Went visiting family and friends the last few days and food out of my control and my poor system can not Handel it so from today I'm back tracking and hoping I get out for a walk baby permitting still in my mums and looks like I'll need a doctor for my 5 year old!

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Steelpony

Just to add to that - meringue shell - 1 pp
    Fruit cocktail. - o pp
    ( juice drained)
    Tablsp WW cream - 1 pp
    Low fat creme fraichec - 1

There is a lovely irish yog u can get def in dunnes , supervalue and sonetines tescos.can't think if name off head but it's liw fat version of think it's Irish churn.u will see picture of churn on packet.only 1 pp per carton and they are thick - thicker than WW yog.
    Will def check that out in Dunnes, I am back tracking today, did put on a few pounds over the Christmas, but off to the gym now to try to lose it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm not doing too bad this Christmas so far. Haven't been snacking much and have found ways to get the extra food out of the house. Like having 10 people over tonight to eat turkey curry and assorted sweets. :D

Really crap at exercising though, the most I did was a shopping trip yesterday where I bought a pair of size 12 trousers in the sale. Still tight, but we'll get that sorted in no time. :).

We'll be due a shop on Saturday so time to stock up on healthy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Elliejo

I went off the rails completely since last Friday. According to my scales, I've put up 7lbs in that space of time. Back to tracking, and back down to 29 PPs (was up to 34 for maintenance) for the next week until weigh-in next Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

I have gone a bit off the rails the last 3 weeks. Didn't go to the 2 meetings before the Christmas hols due to my boldness. Weird thing is, my scales is showing as me staying the same... I think it is definitely broken. It is one of those old non-digital ones, must get electric one in the new year.

Anyway, just posting to say I am still here and read the thread every day but I am not getting back on track (personal choice) until 2nd of January.

Well done to those who didnt totally succumb to temptation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭ShindyB

I'm joining weight watchers next Wednesday for the second time. Hope to lose the weight and keep it off this time! I've a wedding in Italy in May and I'm bridesmaid for my sister in August so that should keep me motivated. I love the way this thread is so encouraging. Hope it will help keep me on the straight and narrow for the next few months. Looking forward to trying some of the recipes and starting to fit back into my wardrobe :D Keep up all the good advice!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement