Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

gigino wrote: »
    And what about the other tens of billions we have received from the UK, inc through EC / EEC funds/ grants / handouts etc, and the tens of billions their banks already lent us too ?

The UK have needed loans in the past, it's not uncommon for a country to borrow from another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭baldbear

A signed hurley and sliotar??? Nice..... I wonder will Phillip try and give a puck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

This is the more interested Ive seen her, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Liz was a cracker in her day apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Phil is the image of the major from fawlty towers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Does anybody else hope someone trips or do something so this can become remotely interesting?

Relax, Philip will manage to insult the entire nation before he leaves

The GAA lads getting O'Neills in the picture :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

UAV drone flying over dublin???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The empty stadium looks ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The empty stadium looks ridiculous

Same as the empty streets, unfortunalty the nuckledraggers have reduced its to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

murpho999 wrote: »
    In all fairness I can't imagine she would get stuck into a beer in a half pint glass either!
    A lot of grannies of 85 are women who grew up believing that it was unlady like to drink from a pint glass....or stout from a half pint glass eitrher ...especially if it was brewed from the liffey outside the window, the way the liffey is now.!
    My grandfather said the liffey was cleaner in his + his fathers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

they wont let the children to play on the pitch for security reasons :rolleyes: thats a bit much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

she was and Philip was a handsome chap too. makes you wonder why all their kids look like mutants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Wheres the popcorn??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

irish-stew wrote: »
    Same as the empty streets, unfortunalty the nuckledraggers has reduced its to this.

Surely with the amount of Gardai drafted in they could have organised something and insured that no undesirables gained entry.. it would have been nice to allow the public into her view a bit more..

gigino wrote: »
    A lot of grannies of 85 are women who grew up believing that it was unlady like to drink from a pint glass....or stout from a half pint glass eitrher ...especially if it was brewed from the liffey outside the window, the way the liffey is now.!
    TMy grandfather said the liffey was cleaner in his + his fathers day.

Didn't the Duke ask though if the water came from the Liffy. Cant remember where the Master Brewer said where it came from but it wasn't the Liffy.

Am sure they'll organise a pint for him later.

I'm loving Prince Philip....I bet he's hilarious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

Relax, Philip will manage to insult the entire nation before he leaves

What a lovely country. Liz.... we should invade.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I wonder is there any fella outside selling "Hats Flags and Headbands"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Quite forward thinking to allow travelers to marry into the Royal family?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Liz must be a Dropkick Murphy's fan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Surely with the amount of Gardai drafted in they could have organised something and insured that no undesirables gained entry.. it would have been nice to allow the public into her view a bit more..

Defiantly feeling very proud of our country. It looks like we have grown up. Who would have though even 5 years ago that the Queen would visit Croke Park? And what great coverage we are getting worldwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

irish-stew wrote: »
    Same as the empty streets, unfortunalty the nuckledraggers have reduced its to this.

That's the pity of it

Might have being an idea to fill the stadium with a couple of thousand schoolchildren from all over to give a bit of atmosphere to the day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

What time is throw in??

I'm loving Prince Philip....I bet he's hilarious :D

He's a mans man. Some one to have a few jars with.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭gigino

The UK have needed loans in the past, it's not uncommon for a country to borrow from another.
    With the amount we got in grants / handouts / structural funds / common agricultural policies from the EEC / EC over 40 years, and the hundreds of billions we borrowed during the tiger years, it is kind of unusual to need the UK / IMF / EU to come to our rescue last NOV, when nobody else would lend us money anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

With empty streets and empty stadiums I think Lizzie will be rewriting her speech tonight and will in fact apologise for the famine as it has now become clear to her what a devastating effect it has had on the population numbers of Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

This is kind of eerie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

They should show this on the big screen

• Advertisement

Does this new bridge building mean we'll have to give the UK 12 points in the Eurovision from now on? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement