Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Queen visit related discussion goes here.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭baldbear

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Iris Robinson is coming to town later! Woo Hoo!

Lock up you're leaving cert sons!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Probably bought from the States. No doubt it has super duper security features.

Like a bailer attachment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I think there's a bit of a difference between what an illegal terrorist organisation does and the alleged actions, or inactions, of a Government's security force.

It wouldn't play that way in Britain though. That's the political reality.

I hope the UUP leader Tom Elliot isn't too offended by the Tricolour!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

Unfortunately that's probably how they'll keep reporting it. It's hard to sell "everything's going fine, most people welcome her or aren't too bothered really."
    BBC seem a bit more balanced in fairness.

RTE showed some riots last night as well, will that stop the rest of ireland coming up to dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Like a bailer attachment?
    :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Did they not do this yesterday?

Quick its last orders!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Yesterday was the official greetings and welcome .....

Did they not do this yesterday?

They did but I think the secret plan is to bore the living dung out of the woman while she's here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I feel sorry for the Queen. having to go through this type of BS on a regular basis. She must be bored out of her head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I feel sorry for the Queen. having to go through this type of BS on a regular basis. She must be bored out of her head.

Was just thinking that - I'd say she can't wait to get out of Dublin and down the country to see the horsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭thehairyelbow

Jaysus, that brought a lump to my throat. Well done to the military and services. Proud to be Irish. And good luck to all the forgotten heroes of forgotten wars.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

200 days a year every year until the day she dies. I'm sure there are perks to the gig but it's tough for an 85 year old (and 90 year old Phil for that matter).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Iris Robinson is coming to town later! Woo Hoo!

http://oneworldscam.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/V_Diana.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Is Betty going to give any public speech on this trip, or is it all just going to be quiet words in the ears of a select few?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Beefy78 wrote: »
    200 days a year every year until the day she dies. I'm sure there are perks to the gig but it's tough for an 85 year old (and 90 year old Phil for that matter).

She's a big TV freak I hear anyway, into some things you wouldn't expect too. Might have posted in the TV forum on occassion! :eek:

In fairness watching all the ****e she has to put up with I'd say she is secretly thinking to herself "please some1 kidnap me"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Beefy78 wrote: »

Ah, they get on ok.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Is Betty going to give any public speech on this trip, or is it all just going to be quiet words in the ears of a select few?

Speeches tonight in Dublin castle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

And Kevin Myers finally has his day.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just glimpsed Kevin Myers - he has such a smackable face.

She's a big TV freak I hear anyway, into some things you wouldn't expect too. Might have posted in the TV forum on occassion! :eek:

She gets double the Sky Plus recording allowance than everyone else too apparently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

An eternity's worth of fapping material provided there for Kevin Myers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

lcrcboy wrote: »
    I hope she will make some form of apology (even though she probably wont) why is it such a difficult thing to do is the UK's ego to big to allow such a thing to happen, it would also give the dissidents one less excuse to use when committing violence. I dont like the way sky news has been reporting the whole thing always focusing on a few little scumbags in hoodies shouting around the place.

This goes beyond words. Through her actions, such as the visit to the Garden of Rememberance, the Queen is acknowleging the errors of the past, and the making an effort to draw a line beneath it. An apology is just words, and this is more than that, imo. I really don't think "ego" comes into it. Most of todays Brits, and certainly my own, (I'm English myself), generation, regard the Evil Empire as exactly that!
    As for Sky News. I Know its' unfair, but what can you expect from a "tabloid" news channel that consistently panders to the lowest common denominator? Disregard them. They warp everything.

Wouldn't you just love to hear what Prince Phillip was saying. I'd say you could write a book on the sh!te he's coming out with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I think there's a bit of a difference between what an illegal terrorist organisation does and the alleged actions, or inactions, of a Government's security force.

Fair point, however the argument is diluted when the same people support the existence and actions of said illegal terrorist organisation, no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Kevin Myres should be given to her Magesty as a gift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Kevin Myres should be given to her Magesty as a gift

I'd imagine shes enough around her thinking they should be on the throne as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

This goes beyond words. Through her actions, such as the visit to the Garden of Rememberance, the Queen is acknowleging the errors of the past, and the making an effort to draw a line beneath it. An apology is just words, and this is more than that, imo. I really don't think "ego" comes into it. Most of todays Brits, and certainly my own, (I'm English myself), generation, regard the Evil Empire as exactly that!
    As for Sky News. I Know its' unfair, but what can you expect from a "tabloid" news channel that consistently panders to the lowest common denominator? Disregard them. They warp everything.

Fully agree. BBC said there were "pockets" of protesters. Which would seem about right, a few planks who reckon they have the right to disrupt what is a historical 4 days. The BBC also filmed some Dubs saying that she deserves respect and she was more than welcome, as any head of state would be!

She won't apologise, but I think the wreath at the Gardens of Remembrance was a monumental gesture! I'm looking forward to hearing what she has to say this evening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement