Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Shmup High Score thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yreval wrote: »
    It's a barrel of laughs, all right, especially in the Ice Palace.

Anyway, pics of my Deathsmiles high scores coming soon (and possibly a YouTube video).

Yeah Ice Palace is amazing in MBL.

Think my high score is in and around 20 billion (I forget how many zeroes that is!) for MBL 1.1 but will check later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

As promised:

ooPhZl.jpg

Arcade Mode: 115,831,336 (Rosa, no EX, stage 4-2 boss)

I have a 1cc of Arcade Mode, but my score that time was only 92M or thereabouts.

P4lOpl.jpg

MBL 1.1: 16,697,761,451 (Sakura, stage 4-1 boss (Ice Palace))

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

19,542,086,396 on MBL 1.1 (Sakura, Ice Palace etc etc...):

2uf64ae.jpg

My arcade score is much lower though - think only around 60 million on 1CC, your score ain't too shabby at all :). Although I think blag's gamertag is three spots above you in that pick :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Do a search for my gamer tag, my scores are so poor I probably never even made the leaderboard!

1CC'd Deathsmiles MBL (arcade mode) last night, so I'll get that particular ball rolling:

IeD5Zl.jpg

Yreval - 229,939,346 - 5-1 (no EX) - Rosa

Again, the 1CC score is less than my highest - I did terribly on the first six stages, leaving me with only half a life left, 80 million points and a very low overall counter value going into the Castle - which I then proceeded to no-miss right up to Tyrannosatan (and by that point I got the cake for no-bombing Jitterbug). Conversely, in my high-score run I no-missed the first six stages, getting 180 milllion in the process, and then horrifically botched the Castle.

Once I get a better handle on the scoring strategies, and start going for the EX stages, that score should increase nicely. I watched the top MBL replay from the leaderboards (3.8 billion points) and the player had nearly a billion coming out of the first six stages, without Lv. 999 or Death Mode. Makes you wonder what's possible in an all-Lv. 999, no-miss run.

EDIT: A few deaths, but apart from that, I found pretty much what I just described: http://youtu.be/TxWY_59XAHA. It's not even the highest-scoring run on YouTube though: [1] [2] [3]

• Advertisement

Dodonpachi Resurrection - 182,047,007* - Normal - Type A - iPhone Mode

*Proof is on Game Centre and Open Feint, tag name Brian Tilsley.

Must get back to Deathsmiles and Mushi soon! Too little time recently to dedicate to gaming.

The iPad has had a good look in though and currently (I've left it paused) I'm around 105,000,000 on Dodonpachi Resurection iPhone mode, Normal, Type B.

My scores are getting a lot better now I'm using the hyper cannon in appropriate situations and dicing between Menace and Slaughter modes a lot better.

Will resume this one on the commute home and post a score!

If you use Open Feint or Game Centre, add me! My XBOX tag is the same, Brian Tilsley, if you want to add me there too to compare scores etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

I'm still waiting on parts to arrive, so I can give all these a proper bash in the cabinet, but I already know I'll be nowhere in the top 10 at this rate :D

I'll add you on xbox live now Pyongyang

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭ondafly

couldn't wait any longer - quick bash on Espagaluda II omake mode :pac:

1d3c0096.jpg

ondafly wrote: »
    couldn't wait any longer - quick bash on Espagaluda II omake mode :pac:

Just got an all clear there, Omake :) Probably can push a bit higher with more conservative use of kakusei, and once I get readjusted to the ****ing ridiculous combo system :pac:

jhc2gp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Good stuff lads, I'll try and get a score up over the weekend, don't think I've even played Omake yet:pac:

DoDonpachi Resurrection 257,581,219

iPhone mode, Type C, Normal including Hidden Routes 1, 2 & 3

Espgaluda II - 114,985,763 and 1cc'd with Ageha - iPhone Mode :D

Ah, I'd forgotten about this thread.

I'll take some new pics of my Deathsmiles scores soon - in the meantime, have some XOP Black Ultra scores:

n70DF.png

PT1GM.png

Soldier Blade Caravan - Normal - 2 minutes - 393,000

• Registered Users Posts: 34,433 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

First time, on my netbook keyboard/emulator - 304600. :pac:

Will see if I can make up that 89,000!

Cool game by the way :)

Master of the Universe

I've discovered some cool strategies for this game, going to try them now (and probably fail miserably!). Back later with hopefully a higher score!

Master of the Universe

Woot! :D

highscore.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Woot! :D

highscore.jpg

I'll be back!

• Advertisement

402600! :D

Ruz7u.jpg

411400. :cool:

5uLCI.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice one! Skin o yer teeth :D

Can you beat this one though?

highscore2.jpg

Consider the gloves well and truly OFF!

GLOVES.

OFF.

:D

uprpL.jpg

Master of the Universe

Nice one man!!!!

I don't think I can top that with the arrow keys :(

Will have to beak out the joystick at some point.

This ain't ova! ;)

I think I have this game in my PC Engine collection. A lot of those titles on the Best Collection have the Caravan modes hidden in them!

If that's the case, I'm digging out the XE-1 Pro and working on some score action. :D

Great job with the keys though mate, it's not an easy ship to control, even on the PSP. We've both a way to go though to get on the top 10, which I think starts around the 650,000 mark.

Last one from me for tonight, I messed up a couple of times too so there's room to improve. :)

1P8gu.jpg

Master of the Universe

Oooh, I see someone has the scoring down now :D

I'm trying to figure out all of the big scores in the first two min. From what I can tell -

First little ship guy that explodes into multiple parts - get all parts - 4000 points. (maybe it's possible to get more here?)

Snake guy - wait until he coils around you - 50,000 points

Two ships with red things in the middle close to the three part boss guy - get them to blow up at the same time, 50,000 points.

There are a couple of gold squares you can pick up for points but I'm currently trying to figure out where they are.

Is there is any extra scoring on that boss? I don't think there is.

By the way, I hate the empty bit just after him. It's so frustrating watching your timer go down with nothing to shoot!

• Advertisement

Getting there slowly! I'm still finding new ways to score points, you've uncovered the same ones I have. There's a couple of gold boxes I chanced upon but can't remember where they are or at what point. I think they are worth 500 points each. I'll have a look tonight.

I found a good way to get good scores with the big boss that appears near the timer running out is best to defeat by getting as close as you can to him and shoot at point blank range. Seems to trigger off a few sound notifications, maybe points awarded?

If you can mimic his movements as closely as possible (the pattern is quite simple to remember after a few tries) then he'll be disposed of quickly and you'll get a bit more time in the next area. I've managed to have around 14 seconds left after the boss (and still didn't beat that score I posted!).

Another good tip apparently is to alter the settings of your ship in the options menu. I've not done this yet though, not even looked to see where it is!

Advertisement