Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JayKHunter's OSW Review 99 - AEW Revolution 2021

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Sitting here patiently waiting for the lowdown on how it all went!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm not sure why, (I smoke way too much) but I aimed for the show at 4:30 and was refused entry. My own fault entirely. Sorry I wasn't able to meet you guys and have a fun evening. I hope it went really well for you all!

This is hilarious and also tragic! If you came an hour later you might've caught us outside!
    cian68 wrote: »
    Watching PWG Mystery Vortex III and can't help noticing this.

Awesome. And it's MY BOY! That's Steve Yurko, he does a lot of artwork for us, such as

20310760778_b8053147bf_o.png
    Sitting here patiently waiting for the lowdown on how it all went!

Ah! It slipped my mind to post this here as well. It went AMAZING! Like many times beyond our wildest hopes. Hang on I'll get a link

OSW Panel at Dublin Comic Con!

Wrestling is…Awesome! hosted by OSW
    Dublin Comic Con @ Dublin Convention Centre
    9th August, 2015

20505211751_8fa0917248_o.jpg

Highlight was meeting our very own Hashtag_HEEL! He gave us Winner medals :D

Review & Pictures: OSWreview.com/dublincomiccon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I had an amazing time, laughed the whole way through. Felt really guilty for my girlfriend who sat there dumbfounded by the whole panel and was more interested in "How the lad in the middle had 24 cans of coke in a bag that small and open that wide"

I made a Mike Knox clock to bring to the panel and forgot it rushing out that morning. Was only when V1 did quarter past 10 I checked my bag and it wasn't there so I made do with the winner medals until next time around.

Hope there's more events like this in the future, was hugely exciting and a laugh a minute and great to meet all three of you!

Nice one, seems like it all went well and hopefully ye do it again. I can't put my finger on the celebrity that OOC looks similar to (my mind says Michael Fassbender).

• Advertisement

Only got around to watching the Samurai Cop review now and it was an amazing episode I thought. The amount of errors in the film is just too much!
    In regards to the Summerslam 2015 review, will that be with Maffew or the lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

Ah after seeing how many people showed up, it would have been super-heelesque of me to arrive in halfway through the show! The guy who refused me entry would have let me in if I'd pushed it I think, but he also might have gotten grief for doing it so I let it go. I had contemplated hanging around but I wanted to go. If I'd met you the conversation would have been like
    : Did you enjoy the show?
    : I didn't see it

Followed by a long awkward silence so I decided to flee. I even met a girl who I worked with last year, just 5 minutes after I tried to go into that conference room and she was all chatty and friendly while I'm struggling not to sell how upset I was at missing the show in that moment, all the while she's telling me all about a job she's on now and how I could get work until Christmas with 1 call.

I'm till very slowly working my way through 2015 wrestling, I'll get to the wrestlemania show with Maffew soon with any luck!

M.Night Shamalan is doing a Q+A in Dublin on the 29/30th. Can finally settle the wind argument!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I'm just after finding Kevin Kelly from ROH is doing a podcast every 2 weeks for well over a year now, I'm going through them and it's cool because listening to up to date podcasts gives away too many spoilers for me because I'm months behind with 2015 stuff.
    I did just hear an ad for OSW Review on piledriverwrestling during an adbreak on Kelly's podcast (from March 2014) which I thought was pretty cool!

Just watched episode 52, very quick show few laughs along the way. Great job as always

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hey, you used my suggestion for your "Wrestling is RRRRRMRRRRR", but made it your own thing from the gif posted.

I can expect the SummerSlam episode to be up not too long after the show, right?

And may I make a suggestion for your next review to use something related to MGS5, considering that it would be topical, and also the duality regarding that what you're reviewing is the last of the Monday Night Wars and Kojima working on his last MGS before C*ntnami (sorry, had [NAME DELETED] in my mind, right now) ousts him from the studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I like how boards got a mention in the episode. :D

Simulcast RAW - OSW Review 52

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!
    YOUR BOYS ARE BACK with Part 4/5 of the X7 Saga! Simulcast RAW - the go-home RAW before WrestleMania.
    Featuring DOINK BRAH, A who’s who of BOYS, and a main event of Austin & Rock vs Undertaker & Kane!
    Also your Mick Foley book reviews & a special 50-episode MONTAGE!

20711311561_3b02c484d2_b.jpg

WATCH: Simulcast RAW
    All episodes: Clicky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Life is hard

Good man Moist Bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Bojack Horseman in an OSW episode will always work on me.

M.Night Shamalan is doing a Q+A in Dublin on the 29/30th. Can finally settle the wind argument!

All sold out sadly. Hopefully someone in the crowd is a Nogger!
    I did just hear an ad for OSW Review on piledriverwrestling during an adbreak on Kelly's podcast (from March 2014) which I thought was pretty cool!

Nice! PTB are my boys, I'm so happy they're doing so well these days.
    Hey, you used my suggestion for your "Wrestling is RRRRRMRRRRR", but made it your own thing from the gif posted. I can expect the SummerSlam episode to be up not too long after the show, right?

WWE MK X-Rays are boss, wanted to save the current one for a current show! SummerSlam should be out the fri or sat, its gonna be rough video editing a 4 hour show!! MGS is a cool shout for a custom intro!
    cian68 wrote: »
    Bojack Horseman in an OSW episode will always work on me.

Back in the 90s, I was on a very famous TV show!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Really good episode.

Highlight being "I like the bumming."

Great episode, not a lot of wrestling but very funny. I'm excited to hear Taz & Chyna's theme but it's a shame that Billy Gunn was only featured once as his theme is great too. V1's big gasp when you mentioned his boy Joe E. Legend was hilarious!
    Was there any "What Bar?" segment?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Back in the 90s, I was on a very famous TV show!
    Pat Kenny Live, was it? Oh wait, that was never famous.

• Advertisement

Great episode, not a lot of wrestling but very funny. I'm excited to hear Taz & Chyna's theme but it's a shame that Billy Gunn was only featured once as his theme is great too. V1's big gasp when you mentioned his boy Joe E. Legend was hilarious!
    Was there any "What Bar?" segment?

Cheers brah! No what bar this episode - everyone was wearing the same black X7 Jersey. I even forgot to splice APA and Kevin Kelly wearing it! It'll be back though.
    Pat Kenny Live, was it? Oh wait, that was never famous.

Probably too obscure but that was the first line of Bojack's closing theme. Also my ringtone!

Did Billy Gunn and Big Show ever have a singles PPV match? Wish it was on X7!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

NXT Takeover is up :) nice one Jay

Jaysus fair play Jay, Takeover now and SummerSlam on Sunday! Looking forward to more MGS reviews too :)

NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn - OSW Review 53

WHAT'S THIS?! YIIIS! A BRUCIE BONUS episode covering the latest NXT Special, the night before SummerSlam!
    Featuring a whopper women's match, Bayley vs Sasha and Finn Bálor vs Kevin Owens in a ladder match!

20749760928_63fbcae722_b.jpg

WATCH: NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn!
    All episodes: Clicky!

Hope you like the episode! Did You Know? We had to re-record this entire show as I lost power during the main event :( Devastated. I make a couple of silly mistakes in this one - sorry! This is Todd, not Ty!

20911534536_3c89d2335a_o.jpg

Oooh, now this is a surprise. SummerSlam is tomorrow or Saturday, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Watched this earlier, hadn't actually gotten around to watching any of your shows before. Jay you're much posher than I imagined :). Good show though I enjoyed it and it was a handy way of catching up on the bits of Takeover I had missed. Will check out some of your other stuff in due course.

Another two great episodes. Thought Takeover was hilarious too, probably the only one Maffew has done that I've really enjoyed.

Meant to say that since the Comic Con Panel my girlfriend now uses the phrase "Give that man a can of coke" when someone does something she likes. Never watched an episode, but quoting you. The power of OSW

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EMPunk

Meant to say that since the Comic Con Panel my girlfriend now uses the phrase "Give that man a can of coke" when someone does something she likes. Never watched an episode, but quoting you. The power of OSW

Its more of a dublin phrase than an osw one in fairness :P
    Did she never go to the coca cola factory when she was in primary school?

Agree with you on Maffew though , i felt he redeemed himself

Cant wait for summerslam , was hoping would be out tonight as staying in to be fresh for the dubs game tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

enjoyed it as always and (do agree it was the best of you and Maffew together, maybe yer just getting more natural together and riffing off each other more the more you do) it also made me smile that after I bang on about Bojack Horseman in the TV thread he shows up to start the last ep and then I did the same with Rick and Morty and boom 2 for 2.

now off to the TV thread to talk about how im re-watching some Always sunny in Philidelphia including the episode where it looks almost like the gang are watching the WWE network at the start and you get the line "Yes that is Hulk Hogan's signature look, blonde Chinese hair and the skin of a hotdog, it's awesome!"

Advertisement